• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Panic in Packerdom as Bob Quinn swoops in on TJ Lang and builds the hugest wall you've ever seen:

Free agency showing Packers' true colors

GREEN BAY - Either the Green Bay Packers are extremely cocky or they know the free-agent market as well or better than anybody in the NFL.

Since the start of free agency Thursday, they have met outside linebacker Nick Perry at his asking price, spit in the eye of cornerback Micah Hyde, low-balled guard T.J. Lang and running back Eddie Lacy, played tight end Jared Cook for a sucker and signed tight ends Martellus Bennett and Lance Kendricks at incredibly friendly prices.

The Packers dug in their heels at $7 million per year, the same amount that Josh Sitton received from Chicago after the Packers released him in September. Why they thought that would be the market value for Lang is puzzling, given that Sitton was at a disadvantage getting released at the start of the regular season, when teams had their lineups already set.

When Lang visited Detroit and Seattle, two reputable teams with solid general managers, it should have been clear that the price for Lang was rising. Lang visited both teams and each of the medical staffs was satisfied with his condition.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...-agency-showing-packers-true-colors/99120766/

636199002308689983-AP-Lions-Quinn-Football-MICO.jpg

Quinn has been brilliant his first season and a half as GM. Can't wait to see who we end up drafting at #21.

1. fuck you, 2. we're pretty nice. but ppl act super aggressive towards new pats fans especially during the season, see the Superbowl thread. some of you guys get real weird about it, like pats fans stole your cats or worse cut in front of you in jamba juice

I'm going to Jamba Juice tomorrow. Fuck Trump!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'm probably biased but I like to think we're way nicer than your average thread in the OT about:

Politics
World affairs
Sociology
Psychology
Race and minority relations
History

People get super fucking heated or are incredibly condescending in threads like that. Ironically our most combative and aggressive posters are Pats fans now that ez is perm'd!

Random lifelongs that are dialed up to 11 in talking shit are always going to rub people wrong though. Especially when they're fans of a team that has won 5 Super Bowls in the last decade and a half, it's hard to enjoy that with them.

So usually it's a combination of a lack of tact, a lack of self awareness of being a fan of a ridiculously successful franchise, and only showing up for the Super Bowl win that puts people off in those threads.

It took me 10 years of posting here to catch on that most people are playful about it, but the following is often pulled on people in here.

- if you don't post enough you're not a real fan. For instance I'd say my peak posting days were 09-11. I still post during games, but probably only 5-10(sometimes less?) times and do a big recap of thoughts after the game now.

- status is pulled, which I think is silly... It's a forum. I've posted here since I've joined, but I've been and seen people called out several times for only posting when you're doing well. For instance in a twist of irony, a certain fan who no longer posts since the pats won the Superbowl, bitched at me for not posting enough during the offseason, which I debunked not that it should matter in the first place. It's embarrassing.

- finally if you're new to the thread there is so much tongue in cheek and stuff made in jest, but there is a lot of "fuck this guy, fuck that guy" and inside jokes and faux feuds that to a person first reading the thread it would seem extremely hostile. Again it took me way too long to figure this part out regarding the thread. Pretty much everyone who posts in here are good people.

Take note of my tag it suits me regarding this thread. Been posting for 10 years didn't fully figure it out until about 9 years in. I completely agree that this thread is far more welcoming than a ton of other threads on gaf, especially compared to the majority of gaming side (not community).

Tks for the awesome welcome guys, I post in gaming GAF pretty often so my skin is seared and pretty tough, I don't post that much anymore as I find it to be too much of a time waste and I want to foster my friendships with people I see in person as well.

But yeah, I'm kinda an outlier I guess. My wife is Arab, I'm black, I love Pats, believe in the Bible, love Reggae, love cats, do all the cooking at home, from the ghetto but still geeked out on video games and tech, and now I'm eating vegan meals and running when its 20 degrees outside. My circle of friends often look at me with a ? lol... My life is like a big bowl of things that shouldn't work together but somehow manage, I guess like that poster on the other page with Mayo and bananas lol.

bionic77

I don't get normal people or minorities who support Trump or his official football team.

I will never understand this.

Thankfully their is no racism in Zelda .

PeterGAF

Banned
Someone has been trying to sign into my Facebook account all day. He must have no clue how two factor authentication works because I've been getting texts with password reset codes all day. It's kind of amusing. I've got to hand it to him though he's persistent. I like the effort.

I got to that certain island and I feel like Albert Einstein was a moron next to me after completing it.

DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU HAVE DONE THIS. YOU NEED TO DO THIS GOING IN BLIND!

The two highlights were:

killing the monster with lightening by laying my sword on top of him in a thunder storm and for the last ball using a octo balloon to lift it up and then leaf it over the water to the last stone.
Are you taking about
Eventide Island
? Definitely the best part of the game so far!

bionic77

Someone has been trying to sign into my Facebook account all day. He must have no clue how two factor authentication works because I've been getting texts with password reset codes all day. It's kind of amusing. I've got to hand it to him though he's persistent. I like the effort.

Are you taking about
Eventide Island
? Definitely the best part of the game so far!
Yes that is the place.

Took me like 40 minutes (including dying on first attempt) and it felt way too short.

This game is fucking magical.

Malalaw

Found out that a well timed parry will one shot some of the guardians as it gives them back a taste of their own medicine. This game is great, I am doing as much as I can before I trigger the final battle.

Found out that a well timed parry will one shot some of the guardians as it gives them back a taste of their own medicine. This game ia great, I am doing as much as I can before I trigger the final battle.

I recently figured that out to, and this sounds dorky as fuck but I love making Link do back flips to evade shit.

bionic77

Found out that a well timed parry will one shot some of the guardians as it gives them back a taste of their own medicine. This game is great, I am doing as much as I can before I trigger the final battle.
That is hard to trigger though and if you fuck it up it is game over.

I wonder how many hits the guardian shield can parry it breaks.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Guardian shields automatically parry lasers though I believe it does less damage to the Guardian. Stock up for the end game and you can do it easily.

It's part of the reason you can hold so few shields.

Syrinx

For me when I fuck up the timing the shield just breaks. But that becomes a problem when a single guardian wipes out more than half my shields.

Malalaw

I'm building up towards the armor set so the guardians don't hurt as much. I have 17 hearts currently so I can take a few hits before it is RIP time.

bionic77

So about this island please, no spoilers, just tell me if someone tells you about it or do you just have to find it on your own?
You will find it on your own.

This game has a few epic moments like that where some crazy shit just comes out of nowhere. This one is really cool for reasons that I don't want to go into.

Speaking of amazing.

m6oqeutk03vhdq07uwfg.gif

WedgeX

Banned
You will find it on your own.

This game has a few epic moments like that where some crazy shit just comes out of nowhere. This one is really cool for reasons that I don't want to go into.

Speaking of amazing.

m6oqeutk03vhdq07uwfg.gif

That's....pretty great.

edit:

Who is that, Scooter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom