• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

I want Howard so bad. I'm going to be disappointed when the Eagles choose a CB in round 1 even though it's probably the best move

If Howard is on the board I don't see how they pass him up. Howie said BPA and he would be it at 14. Best part is Howard can block. 2 TE sets with Ertz and Howard? Alshon outside? Yes please.

CB is deeper in this draft than TEs. Mayock stated that corners he graded round 4 or 5 this draft would have been second rounders in normal years

Why that Fanspeak mock draft machine is so informative. Look at the rankings on the players as the draft progresses. There are position groups that have high ranking players always falling because the talent is so deep at different positions

Hindl

If Howard is on the board I don't see how they pass him up. Howie said BPA and he would be it at 14. Best part is Howard can block. 2 TE sets with Ertz and Howard? Alshon outside? Yes please.

Exactly. Howard helps your passing game and running game. He'd be the perfect thing to complete the offense, along with a later round back

CB is deeper in this draft than TEs. Mayock stated that corners he graded round 4 or 5 this draft would have been second rounders in normal years

I agree. Unless Lattimore falls, I don't think there's a great CB to choose at 14 either. That's why I want Howard at 14

I really think they are going for weapons for Wentz. howies job totally depends on Wentz working out, I wouldnt be surprised at all to see them take a CB later in the draft.

They're getting a RB sometime in the draft, most likely not round 1. Add in a good RB and that's enough weapons. If you add in even average CB play then this defense takes the next step. We can look to your boy Russell to see what a top defense can do for a young QB. But I think BPA at 14 probably won't be a CB

Rd 1: Howard
Rd 2: Best CB
Rd 3: RB/CB
Rd 4: Best CB/RB

and so on from there.

Also dont forget the draft is in Philly this year. howie is going to want to make a big splashy pick in the first round to get the fans cheering and going nuts. It is an easy way for him to look good in front of his boss.

JABEE

Remember when Farooq talked about having sex with himself? Yall take that L trying to get him to join your team. I'm Trumping him the hell away from RAMS gaf. Persona Non Grata. I'm building this wall.

(Farooq trying to jump the Rams Gaf wall)
ZOLA_JUMP_LANDSCAPE_detail_em.jpg
Did you ever notice how people post weird shit and then don't come back?

The key is to say it and then linger. You come back to work the next day like Larry David as if nothing happened.

cdyhybrid

Did you ever notice how people post weird shit and then don't come back?

The key is to say it and then linger. You come back to work the next day like Larry David as if nothing happened.
Yep. Lots of people disappear after posting "I can't believe the Pats lost that game" for example.

Duxxy3

Trading for picks or players equal to the 11th pick would be acceptable. 32nd and 3rd rounder might be close.

Otherwise it sets a bad precedent for future Pats RFA's.

Mo Wilkerson gained some weight.

Playing for the Jest probably does that to a man. Must be hard to get motivated when you play for a terrible team.

Maybe this is just me but I can't stand Elder Scrolls or Bethesda games in general. All of the problems people had with Fallout 4 with it feeling dated and empty are exactly how I felt about Oblivion in 2006

And here I thought we were developing a friendship :(

cashman

Banned
I am done with the Cowboys. This fandom was pushed onto me by my father, I did not choose it.

I don't know if I should choose a another team to follow, something appealing about remaining without a team. If I were to choose a team it would be between the Bills and the Browns.

I live in Toronto, location would make the Bills the obvious choice. However I do love the Browns FO.

Sorry Cowboys-GAF, you guys are awesome, but Jerry has mishandled firing Landry and he is mishandling the release of Romo. Both things have happened in my lifetime and I am not going to forgive that shit.

Look at what you've done Jerry

BigAT

3. I wish there was a good game in the vein of OOTP or FM for the NFL. Seems like a huge missed opportunity.

Apparently the OOTP people were working on one, but it was basically a one man dev team and he got sick (cancer?) and the project had to be put on hold.

Hindl

Playing for the Jest probably does that to a man. Must be hard to get motivated when you play for a terrible team.

And here I thought we were developing a friendship :(

I'm sorry friend. I'm still really looking forward to getting around to TLG and Horizon! Just once Persona 5 is done with

Tom Penny

This is what I said at half time of the Super Bowl and then I forget what happened after that.

I also remember laughing and feeling the joy of victory in the first half like evil lost for once.
If ATL would have ran their last drive as slow as the Eagles did when they lost to the Patriots in the SB they might have won.

WedgeX

Banned
Depends on your level of intelligence and how good my case was.

For bad cases you want stupid ass people (think Pats/Trump fans) as they are easy to misdirect and get to focus on the shit you want them do.

If it was a good case or something important I would want the smartest ass people on the jury.

Now you can answer your own question with the tools I gave to you. Just like Zelda!

This makes things clear!

Wish I could be a JCB. But probably won't be buying any consoles until I have kids and they're old enough. So like two more generations of systems.

Duxxy3

I wonder if the league would investigate if Butler was (stupidly) traded for just the 32nd pick. The Pats getting back their original pick would seem a bit... fishy.

C7D1jubV4AA3YYV.jpg

Better playing surface than we've had for some of our games! And they took the goalposts out because if our kicker can't make FGs no one can!

Putting in a new drainage and irrigation system because the powers that be realized about 6 years too late that it occasionally rains like the Day After Tomorrow in Charlotte and muddy grass is not a good look

Exactly. Howard helps your passing game and running game. He'd be the perfect thing to complete the offense, along with a later round back

I agree. Unless Lattimore falls, I don't think there's a great CB to choose at 14 either. That's why I want Howard at 14

They're getting a RB sometime in the draft, most likely not round 1. Add in a good RB and that's enough weapons. If you add in even average CB play then this defense takes the next step. We can look to your boy Russell to see what a top defense can do for a young QB. But I think BPA at 14 probably won't be a CB

Rd 1: Howard
Rd 2: Best CB
Rd 3: RB/CB
Rd 4: Best CB/RB

and so on from there.
Lattimore should fall because his injury history should be somewhat concerning. He is one of, if not the best corner in the draft as he's probably the best in man coverage.

I wouldn't be shocked if he were around when the Iggles picked.

Hindl

Friendship back on!

491669f86bc14edf0e28b311408a8aeb.jpg

Lattimore should fall because his injury history should be somewhat concerning. He is one of, if not the best corner in the draft as he's probably the best in man coverage.

I wouldn't be shocked if he were around when the Iggles picked.

I think he's definitely the best corner in the draft, especially since Jones went down. And a press man corner is exactly what the Eagles need. I've been looking at Conley lately and he looks great, but dude just doesn't use his hands enough at the LOS. If he learns to start jamming receivers I'd like him too. But Conley, Wilson, Tabor, all feel like reaches at 14. Humphrey has the Saban shuffle so that's a no. Lattimore is the only one I think would be good there, and I'm not too concerned about the injury history. I think he's going top 10

Mindlog

]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7D1jubV4AA3YYV.jpg

Better playing surface than we've had for some of our games! And they took the goalposts out because if our kicker can't make FGs no one can!

Putting in a new drainage and irrigation system because the powers that be realized about 6 years too late that it occasionally rains like the Day After Tomorrow in Charlotte and muddy grass is not a good look
4jTkD1t.png

The catharsis of shitting on your favorite franchise.
5/5 Stars

Got nothing to complain about with my team though. We won the Super Bowl and then went 9-7 the following season last year. Things are going well! Weird the NFL decided to skip 13 seasons, but I can deal.
I watched Logan

got me feeling things
Been pretty much only hearing good things.
Oddly strong year for games and films. Get Out was fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom