• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duxxy3

Just for reference - Jimmy was on pace to throw for 5376 yards and 51 touchdowns.

How many rookie QB's could top that, huh?

First rounder is a steal for that kind of potential production.

Line_HTX

Ask any rational human being about Sam Bradford and they will all say overpaid gimp who got that last huge rookie contact in the NFL. That's his legacy.

And it's because of his stupid fucking contract that he dictated the free agent market last off-season. Yes, he was the cause of this complete disaster that we have here now.

bionic77

Is Speed Racer being a masterpiece a GAF inside joke?

Because that movie sucked ass.

Civil War was awesome. The biggest flaw IMO was how much it relied on the other films to progress it's story along with the characters. I'm sick of having to explain shit to non-nerds.
GAF always has weirdos who will shit on Batman: The Dark Knight and will spend hours explaining why turds are actually a masterpiece.

I thought Civil War did a pretty good job handling a pretty convoluted story. The story is a mess which is why I was so impressed that they pulled it off. Usually when you try to jam that many plot lines, characters, etc. into a movie it comes out as a watered down piece of shit (see any Avengers movie). But props to them for pulling it off.

I still like Batman better but this is up there with it for best comic book movie trilogy.

Duxxy3

GAF always has weirdos who will shit on Batman: The Dark Knight and will spend hours explaining why turds are actually a masterpiece.

I thought Civil War did a pretty good job handling a pretty convoluted story. The story is a mess which is why I was so impressed that they pulled it off. Usually when you try to jam that many plot lines, characters, etc. into a movie it comes out as a watered down piece of shit (see any Avengers movie). But props to them for pulling it off.

I still like Batman better but this is up there with it for best comic book movie trilogy.

Wait, seriously? I thought dark knight was universally loved?

Line_HTX

Not sure about The Dark Knight, but The Dark Knight Rises is definitely a piece of shit that used the unforgivable Deus ex Machina. Instant refund.

Hindl

Wait, seriously? I thought dark knight was universally loved?

Like anything popular that universal praise has led to backlash and people picking the film apart

Not sure about The Dark Knight, but The Dark Knight Rises is definitely a piece of shit that used the unforgivable Deus ex Machina. Instant refund.
I enjoyed rises but it doesn't come close to the first two. And the fact that at the end Bane is suddenly just a glorified grunt instead of the mastermind was a bummer

BigAT

I agree! I'll still listen to "Derezzed" once in a while so that movie is way more relevant to me today than those other forgettable movies.

The "R3C0NF1GUR3D" album of remixes of the soundtrack is really good too if you haven't checked it out.

Duxxy3

Tim Brady is pretty old. You'd have to extend Jimmy soon though

Not sure they keep Jimmy no matter what. I think he's the second best QB on the roster, but Bill loves Jacoby for some reason. I mean he protects the ball really well, but I have yet to see why Bill took him in the third round. He isn't accurate. He's slow to make decisions.

But he's tough. And Bill loves tough players. I don't think I would classify Jimmy as a tough player.

LZ has his first mock draft up. Browns taking Garrett and then Mitch Trubisky to the 49ers

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ournette?campaign=tw-cf-sf53424671-sf53424671

That's what I'm guessing.. we get Garrett and Fournette and let Crow walk.. Duke will be the Scatback and Fournette will be the bell cow.
Floy why they keep mocking us rbs at 12? Why they keep doing this?

Is this going to happen 🤔🤔 I don't see it

Floy why they keep mocking us rbs at 12? Why they keep doing this?

Is this going to happen 🤔🤔 I don't see it
Because it's most likely going to happen.. I've done my mocks and 8/10 times.. Fournette falls to us. I would say for us to take Cook instead of Fournette.. but to me, I think Fournette would be a better fit with Duke imo.

Hindl

LZ has his first mock draft up. Browns taking Garrett and then Mitch Trubisky to the 49ers

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ournette?campaign=tw-cf-sf53424671-sf53424671

With Cook and Davis on the board he has the eagles taking a CB? In this draft class? And a Saban CB at that? I'm good with a CB at 14 but only if Cook and Davis are off the board, and I'd want someone like Wilson. Plus how do Cook and Davis fall to 27/30 respectively?

I want the Eagles to draft Leonard Fournette or Dalvin Cook
I'm not sure about Fournette, he's the best pure runner but isn't a receiver. I love Cook tho. I went back and forth over who I'd take between Davis and Cook, and I think I'm all on the Cook train

Because it's most likely going to happen.. I've done my mocks and 8/10 times.. Fournette falls to us. I would say for us to take Cook instead of Fournette.. but to me, I think Fournette would be a better fit with Duke imo.
Yeah but why though? We already have a good rb duo in crow and Duke.

Before the season started i was all for a rb, but crow showed a lot A lot of improvement from were he was prior. He's a 1000 yard rusher, ppl seem to be ignoring that fact. It just seems like a waste to me. Even ask kave I wasn't a big crow guy prior to the season

Also fuck cook

@RapSheet 4h4 hours ago
More
#Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill is not believed to need ACL reconstruction prior to ’17 season, sources say. MRI today to confirm the good news

I mean this is good news...but the fact that it's taken this long to confirm is concerning....dude is strong and durable though so I hope for the best.

Yeah but why though? We already have a good rb duo in crow and Duke.

Before the season started i was all for a rb, but crow showed a lot A lot of improvement from were he was prior. He's a 1000 yard rusher, ppl seem to be ignoring that fact. It just seems like a waste to me. Even ask kave I wasn't a big crow guy prior to the season

Also fuck cook
Because contract negotiations have completely stalled and haven't restarted.. I'm guessing he wants out.

Personally, I would want them to resign Crow and either trade up to get Hooker or something to ensure that SD doesn't get him (Bosa/Ingram and Hooker on that defense would be scary..)

The Panthers aren't reaching for an offensive tackle.

Getts hasn't done it for 3 years running, why would he start now?
Especially since he might fall to the second round

squicken

With Cook and Davis on the board he has the eagles taking a CB? In this draft class? And a Saban CB at that? I'm good with a CB at 14 but only if Cook and Davis are off the board, and I'd want someone like Wilson. Plus how do Cook and Davis fall to 27/30 respectively?

I'm not sure about Fournette, he's the best pure runner but isn't a receiver. I love Cook tho. I went back and forth over who I'd take between Davis and Cook, and I think I'm all on the Cook train

Cook has some potential domestic abuse issues and I've read before he also may have some shoulder issue. I think the draft wildcard is how aggressive will OL needy teams be. Some teams simply have no choice but to draft there

Because contract negotiations have completely stalled and haven't restarted.. I'm guessing he wants out.
That dosent mean he wants out. It's January Floy boy, this is just how contract negotiations go. The push and pull between agent and team. I've seen no evidence that suggests he dosent want to resign. I expect it to eventually get done as of now.

Dalvin falls to 27 to the Chiefs.. no way.. and Colts take Ramsczyk? Dumb.. trade down..

And Marshon that high? Not with those health issues..

That dosent mean he wants out. It's January Floy boy, this is just how contract negotiations go. The push and pull between agent and team. I've seen no evidence that suggests he dosent want to resign. I expect it to eventually get done as of now.
You may be right.. but until it gets done.. we are taking Fournette it seems

Tom Penny

Just for reference - Jimmy was on pace to throw for 5376 yards and 51 touchdowns.

How many rookie QB's could top that, huh?

First rounder is a steal for that kind of potential production.
Matt Moore was on pace for like 60 Tds after Tannehill went down.

Hindl

Cook has some potential domestic abuse issues and I've read before he also may have some shoulder issue. I think the draft wildcard is how aggressive will OL needy teams be. Some teams simply have no choice but to draft there

Yeah seeing how OL goes will be interesting. As for Cook, the shoulder issue didn't seem to burden him last season, I'm not too worried about that. The domestic assault is another thing though. It's complicated because he was found not guilty, and there were witnesses saying he didn't hit her, plus her story was contradictory at times. But at the same time, it's a big football school and community, so it's entirely possible people are covering for their favorite player and he's getting off scot-free.

Posted this about cook before. Pauline suggests if he falls this is why
Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline reports that "there will be a significant inspection into [FSU RB Dalvin Cook's] background leading up to the draft."
"If Cook falls further than expected on draft day," Pauline ominously wrote, "it’s because red flags were raised." The analyst went on to write that Cook is in the process of changing agents. In 2015, Cook was accused of punching a woman in the face outside a Tallahassee bar. He was charged and found not guilty of misdemeanor battery a few months later. Cook also received a citation during his time at FSU for a violation of animal care. He allegedly left three pitbull puppies chained up by the neck outside, with some choking. NFL investigators will pry deeply into his past. Via Roto:

Euron

Do we have any Bills fans on NFL GAF? How do people feel about them potentially trading up for Trubisky? Personally I think it's a terrible decision but I can definitely see it happening.

Oh and I'm betting on Garoppolo going to the Steelers. They're actually in a place to reasonably give up a first rounder for him. Given Ben's injury history he'd most likely start at least 2 games per season at this point.

squicken

Say I want a 3 down back.

Mixon has no health issues and I think he is the better back on just talent. Some team is going to get a "steal" in the same way the Chiefs did with Hill. Not saying it is a good thing but he will outperform his draft slot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom