• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

There's always money in the banana stand. Please, Tide, show us a better way.

C3bbNUnWEAAtMOc.jpg

Duxxy3

Then you're cheering for the wrong team. Asterisks last 1st round back was a bust. They've been mining RB scrap heaps and investing in o-linemen ever since.

Mixon has been going to the Pats in the second round in a few mock drafts. It's why I asked.

I would like to see the pats take another shot at center. Andrews is good, but right now he is the weak link on that line.

Mixon has no health issues and I think he is the better back on just talent. Some team is going to get a "steal" in the same way the Chiefs did with Hill. Not saying it is a good thing but he will outperform his draft slot
I do agree with the later.. he's going to be good and will be a steal for whatever team that drafts him..

But I don't think he's better than Cook personally.. but that's just me.

Tom Penny

Then you're cheering for the wrong team. Asterisks last 1st round back was a bust. They've been mining RB scrap heaps and investing in o-linemen ever since.
Teams have been drafting skill players over offensive line for years when a good oline makes the whole offense function better. I also believe oline have the highest success rate by far when drafted in the first round. Oline don't sell merchandise though.

Teams have been drafting skill players over offensive line for years when a good oline makes the whole offense function better. I also believe oline have the highest success rate by far when drafted in the first round. Oline don't sell merchandise though.

True. Would Le'Veon Bell of Ezekial Elliot be half the RBs they are if they weren't running behind their respective o-lines?

You want a powerful offense? Invest in offensive linemen. Once that line is built then you can worry about the glamour RB (or QB, if you don't already have one).

Tom Penny

True. Would Le'Veon Bell of Ezekial Elliot be half the RBs they are if they weren't running behind their respective o-lines?

You want a powerful offense? Invest in offensive linemen. Once that line is built then you can worry about the glamour RB (or QB, if you don't already have one).
It's similar to whatever scrub QB the Lions took then drafted back to back WR with top picks not realizing the QB just sucks. Teams do dumb shit.

Hunter S.

There's always money in the banana stand. Please, Tide, show us a better way.

C3bbNUnWEAAtMOc.jpg

A real shame the only cool and good thing about the Patriots is as breakable as freshly painted girls fingernails.

Gronk has had nine surgeries since college. I wonder how long he can play?

Hunter S.

Will T.D. ever get to the Hall of Fame? He kind of reminds me of Robert G. Lived a short, productive, triumphant carrer and was loved by many. Did it with a lot less STDs than Gronk, making him a model choice for the top honor.

@psmyth12
Most yds from scrimmage/game, playoff history (5+GP): 1. @Terrell_Davis (158.9, 8 GP), M. Allen (117.3, 16 GP), E.Dickerson (116.4, 7 GP).

BigAT

Will T.D. ever get to the Hall of Fame? He kind of reminds me of Robert G. Lived a short, productive, triumphant carrer and was loved by many. Did it with a lot less STDs than Gronk, making him a model choice for the top honor.

@psmyth12
Most yds from scrimmage/game, playoff history (5+GP): 1. @Terrell_Davis (158.9, 8 GP), M. Allen (117.3, 16 GP), E.Dickerson (116.4, 7 GP).

To me personally, Davis' career is badly hurt by how many other running backs had success in that offense after him. The absolute scrubs that were able to produce big numbers in that zone blocking system makes TD's success less impactful.

Even a nobody like Reuben Droughns was able to have over 1200 yards and 4.5 YPC.

Jarnet87

The Patriots won't have to draft Mixon. He will go undrafted, sign a contract with a team and then throw a punch in camp leading to him getting cut. The Bucs will then sign him off waivers and find themselves a star RB that they will eventually trade to the Pates for peanuts. This is true nature of doing it and not doing it.

Hunter S.

To me personally, Davis' career is badly hurt by how many other running backs had success in that offense after him. The absolute scrubs that were able to produce big numbers in that zone blocking system makes TD's success less impactful.

Even a nobody like Reuben Droughns was able to have over 1200 yards and 4.5 YPC.

It takes an offensive line to make a running back. The Broncos offensive lines of the Mike Shanahan era were clearly some of the best of all time. Built for speed and athleticism, I think those men deserve a ton of credit too. Fact is he was still the best of that group of runners and he went from a not so great college player to the climax of greatness of the position. Credit must be given to all those involved, but in a sport defined by team success you cannot go and ignore the best parts of the whole.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
LZ has his first mock draft up. Browns taking Garrett and then Mitch Trubisky to the 49ers

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ournette?campaign=tw-cf-sf53424671-sf53424671

The Lions need defense, especially at Dline and LB, but our running game has been so bad. Ameer Abdullah is a stud but I don't know if he can stay healthy. Hopefully we go RB in the first four rounds.

#jaktrivia

Stafford has had a 100-yard rusher supporting him just seven times in his 109-game career, and none in the Jim Caldwell era.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...ed_more_than_a.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Bread

Banned
It takes an offensive line to make a running back. The Broncos offensive lines of the Mike Shanahan era were clearly some of the best of all time. Built for speed and athleticism, I think those men deserve a ton of credit too. Fact is he was still the best of the group runners and he went from a not so great college player to the climax of greatness of the position. Credit must be given to all those involved, but in a sport defined by team success you cannot go and ignore the best parts of the whole.
weird, it's almost like that proves AT's point.

Man the tone of these White House press briefing are so Aggressive.
I would be shocked if he didn't get drafted at all..

Totally possible b/c of that video. No team wants that airing on the evening news that the local outfit took a woman beater. But I agree with Floyd that someone will roll the dice in the later rounds
Idk I think it's more then the local teams media airing stuff on the local news. Especially with the NFL recents domestic violence awareness. Forget the talent, I think he'd be lucky to even be picked up as a Undfa.

This is what Pauline wrote this past December
Tony Pauline of DraftAnalyst.com reports that NFL GMs have informed people close to Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon that he should return to school next year as opposed to entering the NFL draft.

According to Pauline, the GMs told Mixon’s reps that it’s unlikely he’ll be drafted or even signed as an undrafted free agent after the video of him punching an Oklahoma student was released last week. In fact, Pauline says Mixon may not even receive an invitation to the NFL Combine should he declare for the draft.

Paulins adds that Mixon’s “best and possibly only option at this point” would be to return to Oklahoma, assuming that’s even an option. Sources have told Pauline that Mixon was given bad advice to stay silent regarding the issue and it may have actually helped him in terms of an NFL career to have the video released two years ago.

We saw the kind of impact a video had on the Ray Rice domestic abuse case a few years ago and it wouldn’t be a stretch to see NFL teams across the board remove him from their draft boards, even though Mixon is considered to be one of the most talented running backs in next year’s draft class.

More at link http://nfltraderumors.co/report-joe-mixon-unlikely-drafted-signed-udfa-return-oklahoma/
I would, maybe he wouldn't get framed this time.
I can't say this enough, you don't have to do this.

Bread

Banned
i accept full responsibility for that thread devolving into madness, it was fun and i'd do it again.
(i won't do it again no ban pls)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom