• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slo

You wouldn't understand.

It's about rooftops and ice cubes. You need to get out of the trailer park and experience this shit.

giphy.gif

RBH

On Thursday afternoon, Raiders owner Mark Davis sat with Sheldon Adelson at The Venetian, haggling over details of their proposed partnership on a stadium. As they went back and forth, Adelson’s lieutenant, Andy Abboud, was driving Raiders President Mark Badain to the Las Vegas Valley Water District, where the Stadium Authority was convening what promised to be a boring meeting.

The real action was on the Strip, where two tough negotiators had been arguing for weeks over naming rights, stadium operations and more. There was friction, but a deal was still possible.

Then it happened.

The Raiders presented what Sands officials are portraying as a Pearl Harbor document, which The Nevada Independent’s Jackie Valley first reported: $1 annual rent and total control.

Adelson, chatting with Davis in his office high in his hotel, had no idea. Abboud, having chauffeured Badain to the meeting, had no clue.

The Sands snookered? Sheldon the sucker? The Venetian victim? For all intents and purposes, the partnership ended that moment.

Despite weekend attempts to salvage the deal, sources say, with Abboud and Clark County Commission Chairman Steve Sisolak trying to play peacemakers, a furious Adelson decided Monday to walk. “He said today, ‘I’m done. I’m out. I’m not negotiating.’” said one insider.

The Sands chairman, known as a negotiator with no mercy, told people he believed the Raiders and their partners-in-waiting, Goldman Sachs, had dealt with him in bad faith. And hell hath no fury like an Adelson scorned.

Imagine how The Litigious One feels after letting the Raiders tap into his political juice, after intimidating the Legislature into giving his legacy dream $750 million in public money. And now he is taking his $600 million and going home. “It’s just a matter of how scorched he is going to make the Earth,” one insider told me. (Unrelated note: He does own a newspaper.)

The real question now for Adelson, for the Raiders, for the governor, for the Legislature is simple: How do you save face when you have so much egg on it?

“I don’t think either side is lily white,” suggested one knowledgeable observer of these negotiations, which had been difficult for weeks and really soured after the Raiders went to the NFL and said publicly Goldman Sachs would finance the deal even if Adelson withdrew. I’m told Adelson was furious upon learning of that declaration, especially because he does so much business with Goldman Sachs. Or did.

Even though the law passed by the Legislature protects the state if the deal now dissipates, Gov. Brian Sandoval and lawmakers can’t help but be red-faced. The same man who hired more than a dozen lobbyists to persuade most lawmakers that $750 million in public money was best spent for his stadium dreams is now pulling out his $600 million.
https://thenevadaindependent.com/article/inside-sheldon-adelsons-withdrawal-raiders-stadium-deal

MechDX

patrick ‏@PatDStat 38m38 minutes ago
More
”My pride did it very aggressively and it didn't go to well." J.J. Watt on returning too quick after his back surgery prior to camp. #Texans

”I don't see any reason why not." J.J. Watt on being ready for OTAs. Also mentions he expects to be limited. #Texans

”I think he is very qualified for the job and one of the smartest football minds I have been around." J.J. Watt on Mike Vrabel as the DC.

”I don't have those fears." J.J. Watt on if he has any doubts on getting back to the player he was. #Texans

Great to hear. He also has tweaked his workout routine to not push himself as hard. That front 7 next year has the potential to be ridiculous. Watt, Clowney, Mercilus, McKinney, Reader....and if they get Bouye back in the secondary....

Now about the QB and the offense.....

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...presidency-this-thing-is-getting-out-of-hand/

”Despite anybody's political issues or views, everybody has a right to choose who they want to vote for,'' Wilson said. ”But this thing is getting out of hand — getting out of hand, people.

”Just so you know, I voted for Hillary [Clinton]. But when you think about it's only been two weeks right? Or even less. We've got to attack this issue here. So basically, I think that when you think about all the negativity that's happened within a 10-day period, however many days it's been, it's already too much. It's already crazy. It's already affecting people's hearts and souls and lives in such a negative way, in my opinion. . . .

Good guy Russell, The anti-Brady.

2192148024_688d0eb741_o.gif

RBH

I am pro Switch but fuck football.

Speaking of football go with our blessings and try and defeat evil for at least one day on Sunday RBH. If you fail don't take it too hard. The world is just moving in a very evil direction and we have to hold on onto launch!

I'll try my best!

Everyone is welcome aboard the Falcons bandwagon!

*opens arms wide and smiles*

RBH

636215391557213272-Switch-Ad-Photo.jpg.jpeg

Nintendo is taking its Switch pitch all the way to Super Bowl LI.

The video game publisher will run its first-ever Super Bowl commercial for the Switch
, its latest home video game console launching on March 3 for $299.99. The ad features the console along with one of its signature properties: The Legend of Zelda. A new version of the game, called The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will launch with the new console.

"There's no bigger stage than the Super Bowl," said Nicolas Chavez, vice president of marketing at Nintendo of America, in an interview with USA TODAY. "Just as Switch will change the way people play video games, in terms of changing how when and where we play, we thought it was only fitting we change how where and when we advertise those games."

The ad will focus on Switch's main feature: the ability to play games at home in front of a television or on the go. It starts with someone playing The Legend of Zelda in bed and while making breakfast, then popping the tablet-like device into a dock to continue playing on TV. The ad also features the song Believer from Imagine Dragons.

The 30-second spot will run during the fourth quarter of Super Bowl LI between the New England Patriots and the Atlanta Falcons. A longer version of the ad will appear online, and feature more games including Mario Kart, 1-2-Switch and Splatoon 2.

"The fourth quarter is traditionally the highest rated quarter of the Super Bowl, so we're very excited about our placement," said Chavez.

The Switch is a critical device for Nintendo as it tries to rebound from lagging sales of the Wii U. Launched in 2012, the Wii U reached more than 13 million in sales to date. By comparison, Sony's PlayStation 4, which launched a year later, sold more than 53 million as of January 1.

Chavez says one of the lessons Nintendo learned from the Wii U was the need to "really to have a strong and consistent drumbeat of new game releases with the hardware." Several games from first- and third-party publishers are planned, including a new Super Mario title scheduled to release this holiday.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...52/?siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-M8juh07IVfLFcETOpKF6hA

jmdajr

Great to hear. He also has tweaked his workout routine to not push himself as hard. That front 7 next year has the potential to be ridiculous. Watt, Clowney, Mercilus, McKinney, Reader....and if they get Bouye back in the secondary....

Now about the QB and the offense.....

I bought JJ Watt tennis shoes. I think my box jump improved from 1 foot to about 1.1.
Just incredible.

bionic77

I'll try my best!

Everyone is welcome aboard the Falcons bandwagon!

*opens arms wide and smiles*
I don't expect you guys to win but then again I never thought Federer would win the Australian Open.

Matty Ice its time to slay the evil beast and bitchslap the Trumps!

@Adamschefter said:
BREAKING: Dutch Gronk, formally known as Dutch Patriot, is officially shifting alliances for the foreseeable future! Officially becoming a Texans fan

@Rapsheet said:
Sources confirm Dutch Gronk his move to Houston, contract is for a minimum of 1 year with an option for 3 more

@Mortreport said:
When contacted, Dutch Gronk confirmed the reports, stating that the Trump-Pats bull$&#% took away the fun of rooting for the team

@McClainNFL said:
Dutch Gronk has a Patriots return clause for when Trump is impeached or when Brady and Belichick retire

@RobGronkowski said:
My Number 1 fan might not be a official Pats fan anymore, but will still be a Gronk Family and Gronk foundation supporter till the end of time. When in doubt, Gronk it out

Can't say I didn't see this coming.

JABEE

JABEE preaching compassion for people, no matter how ill-advised their actions are, all over GAF, yet spewing hate against those who stood up to Trump (New Englanders and Yuros) while the rest of the country failed.

Sad.

Edit: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1339689
I have compassion for you, Milch. Just not Tom Brady and Bill Belichick who use their platform to support a bigot.

Edit: I didn't even click the link lol.

I thought you were talking about the immigrant family.

No compassion for that guy.

RBH

Falcons are 2 legit 2 quit

Yeah!

Throughout the 1991 season, the Falcons were cheered on the sidelines by rapper M.C. Hammer, whose song ”2 Legit 2 Quit" was adopted by the team as their anthem that year.

Deion Sanders was the league's best cornerback, a touchdown threat on every kick and punt return and even a weapon at wide receiver. And his dynamism looked best when he was in the Falcons' early '90s black-on-black. Sanders's swag got the Falcons heavy placement in MC Hammer's ”2 Legit 2 Quit" video. He and Andre Rison appeared, along with head coach Jerry Glanville.
R4AquBp.gif

NxWN68l.gif

hammer-exchanges-greetings-with-falcons-lemuel-stinson-on-the-in-picture-id81277388

mchammer.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom