• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

hmm if Hooker can't run at the combine that's a big deal. Earl Thomas and Ed Reed were great in large part b/c of their speed

MechDX

why the Texans

Texans are the Luke Skywalker to the Pats Darth Vader. Same family yet different paths

2015 was a new hope. Texans fought valiantly but ultimately they came up short Hoyer'ed.-A New Hope

2016 Texans showed fire and cracks in the empire started to show.- The Empire Strikes Back

2017 will the Texans return of the Jedi. Evil will lose in the end

Texans are the Luke Skywalker to the Pats Darth Vader. Same family yet different paths

2015 was a new hope. Texans fought valiantly but ultimately they came up short Hoyer'ed.-A New Hope

2016 Texans showed fire and cracks in the empire started to show.- The Empire Strikes Back

2017 will the Texans return of the Jedi. Evil will lose in the end
But McNair is the biggest republican donor. He too is evil.

RBH

Wait wait wait wait

You're actually American Dutch?

tumblr_lxioooM7Tj1qlah3d.png

:)

hmm if Hooker can't run at the combine that's a big deal. Earl Thomas and Ed Reed were great in large part b/c of their speed

You see him dropping out of the 1st? I don't.
I somewhat agree with this..

It apparently happened near the end of the year (the fact that he powered through and was still a force is excellent and speaks to his potential). Squicken is right that Malik's speed is a big deal. Look back at his pick six's and the reason he can run that shit back is his awesome acceleration and take full advantage of blockers. He can close and snag shit like Earl and Ed. He should be healthy by spring as he also had core surgery according to the latest estimates.

I would be shocked if he fell out of the first.. he's the best secondary prospect we've produced since Winfield I would say.

Still a first I think but had read talk of him in the top 10. Can you take a DB that high if you aren't totally certain on his speed?
If your team says that his speed shouldn't be affected, then you take him.. if there's a chance then I would say he's not worth a top ten pick because of his lack of polish. But there's no way he drops out of the first.

PeterGAF

Banned
He doesnt go around throwing it in peoples faces like Brady and Bill do. Evil turns to good in Jedi.
Brady had a hat in his locker and answered a few questions about it. He then removed the hat and stopped answering questions about it when it became a big news story. Didn't know that qualified as "throwing it in people's faces."

The belichick love letter to trump is pretty hard to ignore though. That was just dumb. Especially from a coach who usually stays out of potential distractions.

Tom Penny

Holy fuck i slept like 15+ hours since yesterday morning from being sick. I think I'm going to eat a whole large 🍕 and apps.

Greg

U guys always tease one of the heavy tracks in the lead up to a new album and then there only ends up being a couple of heavy ones and the rest is radio friendly stuff. Keep it heavier this time please
Nickelback

Milchjon

I have compassion for you, Milch. Just not Tom Brady and Bill Belichick who use their platform to support a bigot.

Edit: I didn't even click the link lol.

I thought you were talking about the immigrant family.

No compassion for that guy.

Oh no, I meant the Trump voters.

That link was just a bit of anti-Philly propaganda.

Pepiope

Howie about to get to work

Les Bowen ‏@LesBowen 16m16 minutes ago
The Eagles are gonna start their salary cap purge any day now. Wouldn’t be surprised if the first casualty was Connor Barwin.

Howie about to get to work

Les Bowen ‏@LesBowen 16m16 minutes ago
The Eagles are gonna start their salary cap purge any day now. Wouldn’t be surprised if the first casualty was Connor Barwin.

So much for keeping Connor around because he is such a good guy. Eagles gonna free up all this money so that howie can spend the most and win the offseason again, and then go 7-9. Cant wait!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Another Florio special:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/01/jay-cutler-could-be-in-play-for-the-49ers/

With Kyle Shanahan destined to become the next coach of the 49ers, Kirk Cousins may not be destined to become the next quarterback. That honor could go to Jay Cutler.

Apart from the fact that Shanahan’s father, Mike, drafted Cutler to Denver, 49ers G.M. John Lynch played with Cutler in Denver and regards Cutler as a friend.

“I like Jay, he’s a friend of mine,” Lynch said during a radio interview in 2009. “He had some growing up to do, probably still has some growing up to do. But in saying that, I think the Broncos erred in letting him go.

In the eight years since then, Marshall has indeed worked through issues and matured considerably. Cutler, by all appearances, has grown up as well. Given that both are currently under contract with other teams and in light of the fact that Lynch now works for the 49ers, it won’t be known whether his opinion has changed unless and unless he does, or doesn’t, trade for either guy.

So because Lynch said nice things about him in 2009, he might try to trade for Cutler now???

Florio, don't be putting ideas in Jed York's head damnit.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I hate talking politics with this avatar because I can't imagine anyone taking me seriously

But god damn do I hate that Capers is coming back so I'm wearing my shame loud and proud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom