• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it used to be the best back when me, DM and Ninja were young and wild.

Then it changed and became too fucking dark. No one was having fun and everyone just attacked mercilessly.

Thats when I migrated here full time.

As shitty as football is the posters in this thread are still pretty decent.

what do you mean "were young"?

Would an old do this?

giphy.gif

Hindl

I can't get over how good Horizon Zero Dawn looks. Guerilla really is the best.

Gameplay looks good so far too. Only concern I have left is if the gameplay sustains itself for 40 hours. From the previews it looks like it holds up for the 2 hour sessions the press had, so that's a good sign

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Horizon doesn't look like a game that I have to have on day one or anything.

Probably gonna play Yakuza Zero for the next few weeks, along with Persona 3 on Vita (never did play much...it's okay but not nearly as good as 4), and Civilization 6 and stuff on my Vive.

The Switch is out in a month and then it'll be Zelda time so if I do anything else, it's going to be shit in my backlog like MGS5, Far Cry 4, or maybe dusting off the Wii U in preparation for the Switch.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Probably gonna play Yakuza Zero for the next few weeks, along with Persona 3 on Vita (never did play much...it's okay but not nearly as good as 4), and Civilization 6 and stuff on my Vive.

The Switch is out in a month and then it'll be Zelda time so if I do anything else, it's going to be shit in my backlog like MGS5, Far Cry 4, or maybe dusting off the Wii U in preparation for the Switch.

I've got DQ VIII that will probably last me until Zelda. If I beat it a week or two early I just bought Star Fox Zero so I might try that or maybe Bayonetta 1/2.

Jarnet87

Eric Berry may I interest you in Tampa.

we have lots of money and our safeties are garbage. I can't believe we overpaid for Dashon Goldson and then made him play free safety.

Bread

Banned

what's your favorite vive game so far?

bionic77

what do you mean "were young"?

Would an old do this?

giphy.gif
An old would probably try to slap those kids in the head.

I don't care what you act like, how you dress or how young your girlfriend is. Check that DOB on your license and it will confirm that you just an old ass dude.

Horizon looks pretty cool but honestly the gameplay in Zelda looks way better, at least in the trailers I have seen.

Horizon is obviously focusing on the graphics and story. Some of you dudes with horrible taste are probably going to eat it up.

For the man with some refined ass taste you going Zelda all the way.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
what's your favorite vive game so far?

Probably Audioshield at this point is getting the most play

The Lab was an amazing and intense like hour or two of my life but after that it's kinda done.

I need to boot up Elite Dangerous again but it takes a while to get adjusted to it. It's still kinda freaky how it moves.

I've got DQ VIII that will probably last me until Zelda. If I beat it a week or two early I just bought Star Fox Zero so I might try that or maybe Bayonetta 1/2.

If it's anything like the PS2 version, you'll be working on it forever. I remember finally, FINALLY beating the game and then, oh by the way, here's a massive post-game. Supposedly the 3DS version adds even more.

I've had Bayonetta 2 sitting around for too long. I should probably play it.

Hitman is so, so good.

I've got that on Steam also whenever there was that price mistake on Amazon for like a $12.50 preorder about a year ago. Probably need to play that as well.

Basically to sum up - I could probably not buy any games for like 2 years and be set.

BigAT

Is the new difficulty mode out yet? The level of support has been fantastic with the bonus missions and elusive targets, I only got it to kill Gary Busey but it ended up being the best game of 2016.

Yeah, it just came out a couple of days ago along with the final bonus mission and a few other quality of life improvements.

Bread

Banned
Probably Audioshield at this point is getting the most play

The Lab was an amazing and intense like hour or two of my life but after that it's kinda done.

I need to boot up Elite Dangerous again but it takes a while to get adjusted to it. It's still kinda freaky how it moves.
I finally got the music off my old laptop so I'm going to get Audioshield soon. The Lab is the best experience so far, I love putting on a playlist and playing the catapault and space shooter games. Surprisingly Minecraft with the vive mod is absolutely fantastic too.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I finally got the music off my old laptop so I'm going to get Audioshield soon. The Lab is the best experience so far, I love putting on a playlist and playing the catapault and space shooter games. Surprisingly Minecraft with the vive mod is absolutely fantastic too.

I don't think I own a copy of Minecraft!

I tried the Vive mod for Doom 3 and it's just one big nauseating mess. It's probably scary as fuck though if you can make it to when the demons start popping out.

Yeah, it just came out a couple of days ago along with the final bonus mission and a few other quality of life improvements.

yassssss, gonna have some fun with that over the weekend. It's amazing how it went from everyone shitting over the game for the episodic model to something that will be day one the moment season 2 is released.
I've got that on Steam also whenever there was that price mistake on Amazon for like a $12.50 preorder about a year ago. Probably need to play that as well.

Basically to sum up - I could probably not buy any games for like 2 years and be set.

Goddammit Winky, play Hitman already.

Tabletop Simulator is the second best VR game btw. Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes is the best, obviously.

Bread

Banned
I don't think I own a copy of Minecraft!

I tried the Vive mod for Doom 3 and it's just one big nauseating mess. It's probably scary as fuck though if you can make it to when the demons start popping out.
I haven't been able to wrap my mind around any of the locomotion systems besides teleporting yet, maybe I should try sitting down? RE7 looks so good but the movement could really be an issue for me.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
yassssss, gonna have some fun with that over the weekend. It's amazing how it went from everyone shitting over the game for the episodic model to something that will be day one the moment season 2 is released.

Goddammit Winky, play Hitman already.

Tabletop Simulator is the second best VR game btw. Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes is the best, obviously.

I tried Tabletop Simulator but then realized that it's strongly geared to play other randos online. No thanks I'll pass.

Unless there's an AI I can play somewhere and I'm just not seeing it?

I haven't been able to wrap my mind around any of the locomotion systems besides teleporting yet, maybe I should try sitting down? RE7 looks so good but the movement could really be an issue for me.

I wonder how sitting down would work since turning left and right requires you to turn your head? I should think about trying to just swivel on my computer chair maybe?

Sitting down and looking forward definitely helps with the motion sickness for racing and space sim games so it's worth a shot.

Bread

Banned
i tried tabletop simulator and it was cool but then i realized that most games requiring a tabletop also require hours of gameplay and i was not going to sit there like an idiot for that long

30 minutes tops

i tried tabletop simulator and it was cool but then i realized that most games requiring a tabletop also require hours of gameplay and i was not going to sit there like an idiot for that long

30 minutes tops

So how do you cope with the other 23 hours and 30 minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom