• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

Fuck, too many food trucks to choose...

matthew-stafford-in-tight-shorts.jpg
"All of the above".

Line_HTX

Uggggh, fucking stupid. Looks like I'll try to go inside the Experience during the day on Saturday. So bullshit that their "box office" closed at 8 and you can't get in without a ticket.

Line_HTX

Is the SB like the Olympics where the host city loses a shitton of money?

Looking at local news, it doesn't seem like Houston is losing money. However, all of this stuff in Downtown and George R Brown Convention Center cost around $5.5 million and for some reason the NFL demanded to have all of this at no cost to them. Basically Houston is missing out on whatever the League COULD'VE ponied up on top of the taxes and revenue from visitors.

Hindl

Probably not to that level.

NFL is shady as fuck but they are nowhere near the IOC.

Looking at local news, it doesn't seem like Houston is losing money. However, all of this stuff in Downtown and George R Brown Convention Center cost around $5.5 million and for some reason the NFL demanded to have all of this at no cost to them. Basically Houston is missing out on whatever the League COULD'VE ponied up on top of the taxes and revenue from visitors.

That's not so bad then. I'd be pissed if it was in my city and it was costing me money

Tall4Life

Probably not. A big problem with hosting the Olympics is that you generally don't have new tourists -- you basically have a crowding out effect since it goes on for multiple days/weeks. The Super Bowl is one weekend so I would imagine there actually is good revenue for the host city. Since this is America they also don't need to build entirely new infrastructure like they do in most countries for the Olympics or World Cup.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also Houston is probably being fleeced for hundreds of millions by oil companies every year so even if they took a small loss of a few million here or there they wouldn't notice.

BigAT

Happy birthday Gre-

46GBmRl.gif

Wait, who cares about that nobody, WE'RE OFFICIALLY JUST A MONTH AWAY FROM THE SWITCH! JOYCON BOYZ GETTING SO CLOSE TO BEING ABLE TO SERVICE EACH OTHER.

Jarnet87

tumblr_mummjbyUQl1sweeceo3_400.gif

4 weeks y'all. Switch Aka The Perfect System is coming.

If Mr. Perfect was a game console. he would have been the Dreamcast.

Sanjuro

Morning. 🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍩

No where close to that level of fuckery...

2015-16 SB host Glendale, Arizona, saw $719m in Revenue when the state only shell out $5m in Tax payer's money..

Hosting the Olympics require the host to build new venues, hosting the SB requires nada..

Tom Penny

Morning. 🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍵🍩
Did you get gaggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom