• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
While not a good QB by any means this season he wasn't the tire fire he was the last two seasons either.

More teams than ever need a starting QB and one who almost went the distance and isn't too old might be worth a look. Plus the worst roster in the NFL is probably the 49ers and the ownership is a joke with the constant front office shuffle. I'd try to get off that ship as well.

Line_HTX

Grover's big hug face.

C3wVVG5UkAAdU5k.jpg

I hope my 49ers go after Tony Romo. I know he's old, I know he will likely get hurt again, but I always felt like he was under appreciated in Dallas and would be as good a stopgap QB as a rebuilding team can get

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Cowboys are going to release him unless some dumb ownership group throws themselves at the Cowboys in a few weeks. 49ers, Rams, Jets are probably the only ones dumb enough to actually trade for him.

jmdajr

I just saw everyone's favorite player of all time. JJ Watt. He was being interviewed by everyone's favorite news organization, Fox News.

I know how happy you all must be for me and him.

edit: Also had a 12 dollar Chicken Waffle. Hey, it was good.

this_guy

I was watching local news last night, I think channel 13, and the sports reporter was around Discovery Green/George R Brown convention center looking for celebrities to interview. He interviewed Ryan Leaf, former NFL QB great.

Hindl

Have a feeling Victor goes to the Eagles when the Giants cut him.

I've seen that idea floating around national media. I can see it making sense, everyone knows the Eagles need WRs and with his history he'd probably be relatively cheap. But I haven't seen this floating around the beat writers or rumors from within the organization, so I don't think it's really on the radar here. He's 30 years old returning from an absolutely brutal injury and had a pretty down year. If they are going for an older receiver I think they're gonna try to reunite with DJax, although if he demands too much they'll go elsewhere.

I've seen reports that the Eagles are interested in Stills, but the vibe I get is that the Dolphins aren't letting him hit FA

Striker

I've seen that idea floating around national media. I can see it making sense, everyone knows the Eagles need WRs and with his history he'd probably be relatively cheap. But I haven't seen this floating around the beat writers or rumors from within the organization, so I don't think it's really on the radar here. He's 30 years old returning from an absolutely brutal injury and had a pretty down year. If they are going for an older receiver I think they're gonna try to reunite with DJax, although if he demands too much they'll go elsewhere.

I've seen reports that the Eagles are interested in Stills, but the vibe I get is that the Dolphins aren't letting him hit FA
Yeah it's a gut feeling. He's from that area so it makes sense for him. He could play the slot and then move Matthews outside in those 3-wide packages. Then again, Jackson could sign and they leave it at that.

Reading more about Giants getting Andrew Whitworth from Cincy. Older guy but he's be a nice get for two seasons. Then pray Reese is able to find a future LT in the draft or in next year's class.

BigAT

They kind of have a history of taking Giants castoffs at this point. Steve Smith, Kenny Phillips, Rueben Randle.

Tom Penny

I just saw everyone's favorite player of all time. JJ Watt. He was being interviewed by everyone's favorite news organization, Fox News.

I know how happy you all must be for me and him.

edit: Also had a 12 dollar Chicken Waffle. Hey, it was good.
I saw an interview with him and was shocked he said he would love to go into acting and handsome boy modeling.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
LaFell only signed a one year deal with Cincy, no? A lot of teams should look at him. He's no star but he's a great number two guy.

He's a priority and they started contract talks a couple of weeks ago, unless things get too crazy he'll be back in Miami and I'm sure they'll announce his contract in the next few weeks, Miami wants to have everyone signed/extended before FA/Draft hits.

Hindl

Yeah it's a gut feeling. He's from that area so it makes sense for him. He could play the slot and then move Matthews outside in those 3-wide packages. Then again, Jackson could sign and they leave it at that.

Yeah, Jordan Matthews is a really interesting piece. He's not good on the outside. He doesn't get separation and he doesn't have the long speed necessary for it. Two different coaches have come to that conclusion, and he's best in the slot where he can just create mismatches. We know what he is, which is a 800-1000/4-8TD a year guy. I'll happily take that, but it takes the spot of a more traditional slot receiver.

But I think they go with Jackson, because even though he's lost a step, he's still fast and a deep threat. Part of the reason the passing died this offseason was because defenses just started playing really close to the line because there was no receiver who could take the top off. Old Jackson can still do that for a few more years at least.

They kind of have a history of taking Giants castoffs at this point. Steve Smith, Kenny Phillips, Rueben Randle.

True, but Smith played for barely a year, and the other two didn't even make it to final cuts. Even with what I said, Cruz seems like he'd at least make a team next season and put up some decent numbers.

He's a priority and they started contract talks a couple of weeks ago, unless things get too crazy he'll be back in Miami and I'm sure they'll announce his contract in the next few weeks, Miami wants to have everyone signed/extended before FA/Draft hits.

Yeah that about lines up with what I've heard.

Pepiope

He may get a chance to play with can't miss Wentz, he has to go for it.

But we'll probably end up with Jackson, Britt, and a couple rookies. Not great, but better than last season.

JABEE

No team should give up more than a 3rd for Belichick's scraps.

Belichick wouldn't trade him if he believed Jimmy G was a franchise QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom