• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

UbPVvBJ.png

*pukes*

I mean, if Russell goes down the season is over, but both those dudes were not impressive in college.

Make the call...
giphy.gif

The Patriots taught America that cheaters prosper. I am writing a thesis paper on how their ability to avoid punishment and public scorn helped condition the American people to accept an imposter and cheat as President.
If you were actually doing this, I don't even know what I would say....

Wes

venison crêpe
Clevebros, do you think we're taking a QB in the first round this year? I've been going to and fro on this but right now I don't think we are.

And I'm not believing anything about trading up.

Clevebros, do you think we're taking a QB in the first round this year? I've been going to and fro on this but right now I don't think we are.

And I'm not believing anything about trading up.
I Will say outside of the 1st pick this is the one year I'm really uncertain about what will happen at 12 even with all the insider bits. They like qbs though. Everyone is shifting on Watson now all of a sudden but he's up there for them. pretty hard for me to get a grip with what Qb they like the best though, even this close to draft. If all the qbs are there at 12 I think they'll be hard pressed not to take the guy they like the most. But seems they want two immediate impact players with the two 1sts. If a trade up scenario exists it's probably from 33 into first maybe secure a qb for 5 years. Maybe Kizer or someone later. It feels silly but honestly be open to any of the top qbs Mahomes, trubisky, Watson, Kizer, Webb

MechDX

I Will say outside of the 1st pick this is the one year I'm really uncertain about what will happen at 12 even with all the insider bits. They like qbs though. Everyone is shifting on Watson now all of a sudden but he's up there for them. pretty hard for me to get a grip with what Qb they like the best though, even this close to draft. If all the qbs are there at 12 I think they'll be hard pressed not to take the guy they like the most. But seems they want two immediate impact players with the two 1sts. If a trade up scenario exists it's probably from 33 into first maybe secure a qb for 5 years. Maybe Kizer or someone later. It feels silly but honestly be open to any of the top qbs Mahomes, trubisky, Watson, Kizer, Webb

Im thinking the Browns take impact at 12. After that who would seriously be taking a QB?

Cards? Maybe the Saints? Still not even sold on the Texans taking one. Trade back into end of first is my guess for the Browns just for the extra year

Hindl

You think if they take a QB they'll start him this year? Or redshirt him and let Kessler ride out 2017

Im thinking the Browns take impact at 12. After that who would seriously be taking a QB?

Cards? Maybe the Saints? Still not even sold on the Texans taking one. Trade back into end of first is my guess for the Browns just for the extra year

Yeah I dunno, I think those are the only two candidates besides the Browns. Looking ahead to next year's class (which is already foolish since this time last year Watson was hot shit), only the Jets will probably be in a similar position to grab a QB. So I could see the Saints or Cards grabbing one this year with their first and have them sit for a while

A lot of old qbs in TE league, some teams could surprise. But for 12 nothing would surprise me for Browns right now. They could take WR again.
You think if they take a QB they'll start him this year? Or redshirt him and let Kessler ride out 2017
If it's Watson or Trubisky I think they'll probably have a chance to start. Kizer, Mahomes, or others would probably sit

Striker

I think Arizona is definitely taking one, either in the 1st or in the 2nd. Curious who Arians selects as his project. Maybe he loves Mahomes like McAdoo does. >_>

dionysus

Yaldog
Is the clock counting on the Chargers and Fantomex yet?

Unless the Saints throw a major curveball because they really like a QB in the draft, consensus is they wouldn't take a QB in the first 2 rounds and are looking for players who start next year. (Brees is under contract for next year and probably 97% chance he would sign with the Saints for future years.) They have probably given up on Grayson so they could be looking for a backup with potential in the later rounds.

Tom Penny

12th pick is going to the Pats. That is a given.

Alright lets pick the chargers pick

With the seventh pick, the San Diego Chargers select Malik Hooker, Safety from The Ohio State University. Joey Bosa worked wonders for them this year so why not go back to the well to select a potential Ed Reed/Earl Thomas clone in Malik Hooker. Hooker wowed in his one year starting at Ohio State stunning people with his speed and athleticism. He had seven picks returning three for touchdowns and two of those picks were late in the season where he was nursing injuries and he still wowed and lost not one bit of speed. The biggest knock on him is his lack of polish compared to Jamal Adams from LSU. But his ceiling is higher and can be the building block for the Chargers Secondary.

Fanto and Bread don't deserve this.. now I'm going to cry in a pillow

Let's make the bengals pick.. I have no idea where to start tbh.. ask your brothers BG

With the Seventh Pick of the NFL-Gaf Mock Draft...

NFL-Gaf Selects: said:
With the seventh pick, the San Diego Chargers select Malik Hooker, Safety from The Ohio State University. Joey Bosa worked wonders for them this year so why not go back to the well to select a potential Ed Reed/Earl Thomas clone in Malik Hooker. Hooker wowed in his one year starting at Ohio State stunning people with his speed and athleticism. He had seven picks returning three for touchdowns and two of those picks were late in the season where he was nursing injuries and he still wowed and lost not one bit of speed. The biggest knock on him is his lack of polish compared to Jamal Adams from LSU. But his ceiling is higher and can be the building block for the Chargers Secondary.

Fanto and Bread don't deserve this.. now I'm going to cry in a pillow

Panthers are on the clock, they have until 1:30 PST to make a pick

8. Carolina Panthers - Grover
9. Cincinnati Bengals
10. Buffalo Bills
11. New Orleans Saints - dionysus
12. Cleveland Browns (from Philadelphia Eagles)
13. Arizona Cardinals
14. Philadelphia Eagles (from Minnesota Vikings) - Hindl
15. Indianapolis Colts
16. Baltimore Ravens - Blarry
17. Washington Redskins
18. Tennessee Titans
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx
20. Denver Broncos
21. Detroit Lions - Kastrioti
22. Miami Dolphins - Dolphins-Gaf
23. New York Giants - BigAT, Futurevoid, Striker
24. Oakland Raiders - Officerrob
25. Houston Texans - Dutch, Mech
26. Seattle Seahawks - cdy
27. Kansas City Chiefs
28. Dallas Cowboys - cashman
29. Green Bay Packers - Elfforkusu - Slo
30. Pittsburgh Steelers - DeaconKnowledge
31. Atlanta Falcons
32. New Orleans Saints (from Patriots) - dionysus

Rules:

Teams without a team will be group pick, first choice to three votes or pick with most votes in two hours get auto-selected.

Remember the pick is who you think your team will pick not who you want (you hear that Mech??)

Write a quick write up on why your team will make that pick and how he fits your team.

With the eighth pick in the NFL Draft, the Carolina Panthers select

QB Mitch Trubisky, University of North Carolina. Nah I'm fucking with yall

I'm ready to go but I'll give any other Panthers fans an hour to rise from the grave and give their input!

With the eighth pick in the NFL Draft, the Carolina Panthers select

QB Mitch Trubisky, University of North Carolina. Nah I'm fucking with yall

I'm ready to go but I'll give any other Panthers fans an hour to rise from the grave and give their input!
Allen? He's fallen so far and can anchor your line?

Ramsczyk is not worth where your drafting so y'all will probably trade down I'm guessing

Top Bottom