• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

With the Ninth Pick of the NFL-Gaf Mock Draft...

NFL-Gaf Selects: said:
Well that settles it..
ill do the write up. I guess..

With the 9th pick in the Draft, The Cincinnati Bengals select Reuben Foster, LB from the University of Alabama. The Bengals could go a lot of ways with the pick, but they need to get that defense back up to snuff if they want to get the team back on track. Maualuga being cut signals that they want to upgrade that position. It's the hope that he can anchor the Bengals front 7 for years to come.

The Bills are on the clock..

Bills are a group pick, first to three votes wins

10. Buffalo Bills
11. New Orleans Saints - dionysus
12. Cleveland Browns (from Philadelphia Eagles)
13. Arizona Cardinals
14. Philadelphia Eagles (from Minnesota Vikings) - Hindl
15. Indianapolis Colts
16. Baltimore Ravens - Blarry
17. Washington Redskins
18. Tennessee Titans
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx
20. Denver Broncos
21. Detroit Lions - Kastrioti
22. Miami Dolphins - Dolphins-Gaf
23. New York Giants - BigAT, Futurevoid, Striker
24. Oakland Raiders - Officerrob
25. Houston Texans - Dutch, Mech
26. Seattle Seahawks - cdy
27. Kansas City Chiefs
28. Dallas Cowboys - cashman
29. Green Bay Packers - Elfforkusu - Slo
30. Pittsburgh Steelers - DeaconKnowledge
31. Atlanta Falcons
32. New Orleans Saints (from Patriots) - dionysus

Rules:

Teams without a team will be group pick, first choice to three votes or pick with most votes in two hours get auto-selected.

Remember the pick is who you think your team will pick not who you want (you hear that Mech??)

Write a quick write up on why your team will make that pick and how he fits your team.

MechDX

I dont know if the Bills are wanting to draft a QB or if all the recent visits with the top QBs in this draft is a means to drive the value of their pick up for a possible trade.

As of right now Tribusky

Buffalo's a garbage franchise that always makes bad decisions and SOMEBODY's gunna have to fuck up in the first 10-12 picks because some team always makes a dumb pick in the first third of the draft. If nobody's picked a QB by the time they're on the clock, I could see the Bills panic-picking whichever QB they like best. They worked out Trubisky yesterday, so I say they pick him.

Logic would say they should take Conley since they let Gilmore walk, but these stupid fucks always draft like morons. Jamal Adams could make sense too if they really love him, gunna be interesting to see how far either him or Hooker slide on draft day, neither have any business not going top 10 imo

MechDX

bradyhit.0.gif

babybrady.0.gif

Mindlog

Bucs are going to draft a kicker in the first for a three way battle at the most important position in the NFL. Strategery.

Lots of empty teams on the draft list. We need to go on a recruiting drive. Offer Beers, BBQ and Joycons.

bionic77

I can't believe you fools never told me about The Last Dragon before.

This is some shit!

I can't believe you can buy it for 4 bucks on Amazon. Not hard to find the entire thing for free either.

I got the glow now baby!

One of the only Browns voices that matters on Qb workouts and thoughts
LA‏ @TheRealLA__
RT: Kizer has the size and athleticism, he’s raw, something Jackson rather likes due to less reprogramming — couple comparisons to Flacco

LA‏ @TheRealLA__
RT: Watson was better than anticipated and Jackson expected him to perform well. He liked him a year ago and still does

LA‏ @TheRealLA__
RT: Trubisky threw well, confident on board. Has a confidence about him, a small suggestion from Jackson changed his driving of ball

LA‏ @TheRealLA__
RT: No, Mahomes threw the shit out of the ball for them, impressed on board — his feet, his mechanics are ALL over the place

LA‏ @TheRealLA__
Don’t look at a perceived prototype of a Hue Jackson QB and speculate which QB in the draft is the guy —— you just may be very surprised

dionysus

Yaldog
With the 11th pick of the draft, the Saints select DE Derek Barnett.

Going into free agency, the biggest needs were 1. ILB, 2 DE, 3 Guard, CB, OLB. With the signing of A. J. Klein who many believe is starter quality, just unable to see the field behind Kuechly, the ILB need drops in priority. Guard was also addressed. Thus picking up the 3rd best DE in the draft hopefully brings a pass rush opposite the good Cameron Jordan, stopping his consistent double teams. With 2016 first rounder Sheldon Rankins entering the critical 2nd year, and Nick Fairley resigning at below market rates after a breakout year because he loves the Saints, the 2017 pass rush could be fearsome.

The only hesitation is that it could be argued that Barnett is a small reach at 11, and there are CBs who grade higher on the draft board. But I expect the Saints to address CB at 32, whereas the drop off for a DE at 32 is larger.

MechDX

So what's the Bills pick? Do we have a consensus?

With the 11th pick of the draft, the Saints select DE Derek Barnett.

Going into free agency, the biggest needs were 1. ILB, 2 DE, 3 Guard, CB, OLB. With the signing of A. J. Klein who many believe is starter quality, just unable to see the field behind Kuechly, the ILB need drops in priority. Guard was also addressed. Thus picking up the 3rd best DE in the draft hopefully brings a pass rush opposite the good Cameron Jordan, stopping his consistent double teams. With 2016 first rounder Sheldon Rankins entering the critical 2nd year, and Nick Fairley resigning at below market rates after a breakout year because he loves the Saints, the 2017 pass rush could be fearsome.

The only hesitation is that it could be argued that Barnett is a small reach at 11, and there are CBs who grade higher on the draft board. But I expect the Saints to address CB at 32, whereas the drop off for a DE at 32 is larger.
Fuck the Bills pick?

Top Bottom