• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Hindl

So you think any of the 2-5 picks will make a trade?

Who's gonna trade up tho? There's no QBs, and there's about 12 blue chip prospects. So all the teams in a position to trade up will probably just rather wait and see who falls to them. In a deep draft class like this, I'm not sure trading up is that appealing. The only case I can see is if a few top tier guys fall to the 10-12 range, and then you'll see teams in the 14-18 range trade up to grab them. I think a lot of the trades are going to happen in the 2nd and 3rd this year though

Who's gonna trade up tho? There's no QBs, and there's about 12 blue chip prospects. So all the teams in a position to trade up will probably just rather wait and see who falls to them. In a deep draft class like this, I'm not sure trading up is that appealing. The only case I can see is if a few top tier guys fall to the 10-12 range, and then you'll see teams in the 14-18 range trade up to grab them. I think a lot of the trades are going to happen in the 2nd and 3rd this year though
I can see Bills trade up just so they can draft a QB.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Marshon Lattimore is probably going to be a stud but so is Solomon Thomas.

If I'm the Niners and you have a choice between a potential great defensive lineman and great DB, always go with the great defensive lineman.

You can have a solid secondary like the Lions had last season but if the defensive line can't pressure the QB it won't matter.

I think Bob Quinn ends up trading down from the #21 spot.

Hindl

Really? I guess I don't see the Bills getting a QB. But even if they do, they're sitting at 10, and I don't really see any of the teams before them picking a QB. Jets have too many needs, Chargers can ride Rivers for a bit longer, and I don't see the Browns, 9ers or Bears drafting a QB over some of the top tier talent. Everyone else is pretty set for QBs

With the eighth pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Carolina Panthers select Jonathan Allen, DL, Alabama.

If there's anything David Gettleman loves drafting more than anything else it's defensive lineman and impact guys. In Allen he gets both. Allen is a versatile Force with the ability to rush the passer from all positions on the defensive line. Allen's athleticism and drive sets him to be an immediate contributor in a defense that struggled at time to generate pressure on opposing quarterbacks in 2016.

(Note: In real life if the board fell like this, there would be a very real chance that the Panthers trade down here and possibly consider a guy like Cam Robinson late in the first while acquiring an additional 2nd/3rd rounder)

With the Eighth Pick of the NFL-Gaf Mock Draft...

Panther-Gaf Selects: said:
With the eighth pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Carolina Panthers select Jonathan Allen, DL, Alabama.

If there's anything David Gentleman loves drafting more than anything else it's defensive lineman and impact guys. In Allen he gets both. Allen is a versatile Force with the ability to rush the passer from all positions on the defensive line. Allen's athleticism and drive sets him to be an immediate contributor in a defense that struggled at time to generate pressure on opposing quarterbacks in 2016.

(Note: In real life if the board fell like this, there would be a very real chance that the Panthers trade down here and possibly consider a guy like Cam Robinson late in the first while acquiring an additional 2nd/3rd rounder)

Bengals are a group pick, first to three votes wins

9. Cincinnati Bengals
10. Buffalo Bills
11. New Orleans Saints - dionysus
12. Cleveland Browns (from Philadelphia Eagles)
13. Arizona Cardinals
14. Philadelphia Eagles (from Minnesota Vikings) - Hindl
15. Indianapolis Colts
16. Baltimore Ravens - Blarry
17. Washington Redskins
18. Tennessee Titans
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx
20. Denver Broncos
21. Detroit Lions - Kastrioti
22. Miami Dolphins - Dolphins-Gaf
23. New York Giants - BigAT, Futurevoid, Striker
24. Oakland Raiders - Officerrob
25. Houston Texans - Dutch, Mech
26. Seattle Seahawks - cdy
27. Kansas City Chiefs
28. Dallas Cowboys - cashman
29. Green Bay Packers - Elfforkusu - Slo
30. Pittsburgh Steelers - DeaconKnowledge
31. Atlanta Falcons
32. New Orleans Saints (from Patriots) - dionysus

Rules:

Teams without a team will be group pick, first choice to three votes or pick with most votes in two hours get auto-selected.

Remember the pick is who you think your team will pick not who you want (you hear that Mech??)

Write a quick write up on why your team will make that pick and how he fits your team.

Hindl

I am thinking RB for Bungles. Cook? I don't know the OL prospects in this draft.

It pains me to say it, but I see them taking Foster. Foster and Burfict would be disgusting together. Giovanni Bernard is a pretty good RB, they can grab a complimentary back later. If not him, then Corey Davis, which also pains me

I would have if the Bills had been idiotic enough to cut Tyrod, but I don't see it.

If there's anything David Gettleman loves drafting more than anything else it's defensive lineman and impact guys. In Allen he gets both. Allen is a versatile Force with the ability to rush the passer from all positions on the defensive line. Allen's athleticism and drive sets him to be an immediate contributor in a defense that struggled at time to generate pressure on opposing quarterbacks in 2016.

Do I get a consultation fee Grova?

Bungles Reuben Foster?
Dalvin/Mixon to help out the Run game and give AJ a break from not carrying the team by himself?

It pains me to say it, but I see them taking Foster. Foster and Burfict would be disgusting together. Giovanni Bernard is a pretty good RB, they can grab a complimentary back later. If not him, then Corey Davis, which also pains me

I can see Foster as well, I just didn't want it to be true.

I was thinking that or Dalvin or Mixon

Mixon is the better prospect, but would the bungles go there?
Marvin had PacMan and Burfict on the same team..

Yes he would

Yeah, to be fair I could see them taking Cook.

Mixon may go in the 1st, but not that early. Cook I could see.

Although it's 4 for Foster vs 3 for Cook. If someone else wants to vote Cook and make Foster tumble I'd take it

If only Noodle were here
I think that Marvin takes Mixon because
A) Marvin's track record with taking headcases
B) Mike trusts Marvin and does not give a fuck about the team as long as he is making money..

So my vote is Mixon/Cook

Don't the Bengals need a G? I'd say either that or a RB.
Not worth where the Bungles are drafting there isn't

Hindl

Don't the Bengals need a G? I'd say either that or a RB.

There's no tackles worth taking that early, let alone guards

Marvin had PacMan and Burfict on the same team..

Yes he would

I think that Marvin takes Mixon because
A) Marvin's track record with taking headcases
B) Mike trusts Marvin and does not give a fuck about the team as long as he is making money..

So my vote is Mixon/Cook

Alright well that's 3 for Foster and 3 for Cook. And doom votes for a RB so is that one more for Cook and Cook wins?

I'd let Cate Blanchett shatter my hammer

latest

Derek Barnett or Foster for Bengals. They'd probably consider Mixon in the 2nd, smh.

Edit: wait a minute did Floy just suggest Mixon in the top 10?
*Arthur fist.gif

Bungles take a running back that high? Doubt it.

Foster for the bengals

Well that settles it..
ill do the write up. I guess..

With the 9th pick in the Draft, The Cincinnati Bengals select Reuben Foster, LB from the University of Alabama. The Bengals could go a lot of ways with the pick, but they need to get that defense back up to snuff if they want to get the team back on track. Maualuga being cut signals that they want to upgrade that position. It's the hope that he can anchor the Bengals front 7 for years to come.

The Bills are on the clock..

Top Bottom