• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

I think Howard and the safeties would have been a consideration here for the Browns. But the way this has fallen I think it might me down
To Corey Davis or one of the Qbs with everyone on the board. Like I said before this pick could literally be any position besides Oline, but hesitant to slot a corner here.

Think it's down to Corey Davis, Trubisky, or Watson. Thoughts? Any other players? Open to suggestion. The pick won't be Dalvin Cook.

Hindl

I'll do a Bills writeup

The Bills have holes around their roster, with CB and LB being two of the biggest needs. However, the talent at these positions is lacking at No. 10. They could pick a WR in Corey Davis, but their FA period made that less important. So they turn to safety, with a need for depth and grooming an eventual starter. With Malik Hooker off the board, the Bills select Jamal Adams. Hooker is drawing comparisons to Ed Reed, but Adams compares another (oft-ignored) premier safety of that era, Brian Dawkins. He's a hard hitter and gets downhill fast. But more importantly, he's a true leader who can act as a general in the secondary and would bolster the Bills defense for the forseeable future

I think Howard and the safeties would have been a consideration here for the Browns. But the way this has fallen I think it might me down
To Corey Davis or one of the Qbs with everyone on the board. Like I said before this pick could literally be any position besides Oline, but hesitant to slot a corner here.

Think it's down to Corey Davis, Trubisky, or Watson. Thoughts? The pick won't be Dalvin Cook.

Not Davis I need him to drop

With the Eleventh Pick of the NFL-Gaf Mock Draft...

Saints-Gaf Selects: said:
With the 11th pick of the draft, the Saints select DE Derek Barnett.

Going into free agency, the biggest needs were 1. ILB, 2 DE, 3 Guard, CB, OLB. With the signing of A. J. Klein who many believe is starter quality, just unable to see the field behind Kuechly, the ILB need drops in priority. Guard was also addressed. Thus picking up the 3rd best DE in the draft hopefully brings a pass rush opposite the good Cameron Jordan, stopping his consistent double teams. With 2016 first rounder Sheldon Rankins entering the critical 2nd year, and Nick Fairley resigning at below market rates after a breakout year because he loves the Saints, the 2017 pass rush could be fearsome.

The only hesitation is that it could be argued that Barnett is a small reach at 11, and there are CBs who grade higher on the draft board. But I expect the Saints to address CB at 32, whereas the drop off for a DE at 32 is larger.

Browns are on the clock

12. Cleveland Browns (from Philadelphia Eagles)
13. Arizona Cardinals
14. Philadelphia Eagles (from Minnesota Vikings) - Hindl
15. Indianapolis Colts
16. Baltimore Ravens - Blarry
17. Washington Redskins
18. Tennessee Titans
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx
20. Denver Broncos
21. Detroit Lions - Kastrioti
22. Miami Dolphins - Dolphins-Gaf
23. New York Giants - BigAT, Futurevoid, Striker
24. Oakland Raiders - Officerrob
25. Houston Texans - Dutch, Mech
26. Seattle Seahawks - cdy
27. Kansas City Chiefs
28. Dallas Cowboys - cashman
29. Green Bay Packers - Elfforkusu - Slo
30. Pittsburgh Steelers - DeaconKnowledge
31. Atlanta Falcons
32. New Orleans Saints (from Patriots) - dionysus

Rules:

Teams without a team will be group pick, first choice to three votes or pick with most votes in two hours get auto-selected.

Remember the pick is who you think your team will pick not who you want (you hear that Mech??)

Write a quick write up on why your team will make that pick and how he fits your team.

Floy too busy doing his write-up for the Browns picking Mixon

Floyd pls
Why don't Floy want us
tumblr_m5g3gv4OUG1qm15teo9_r1_250.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The Bills are going to be an interesting pick. I've seen mocks that have them taking Mike Williams (WR) to OJ Howard to Jamal Adams.

I think they'll go secondary or offensive playmaker (WR+TE)

Last Mike Williams buffalo signed don't work out so well.

Oozer3993

Think it's down to Corey Davis, Trubisky, or Watson. Thoughts? Any other players? Open to suggestion. The pick won't be Dalvin Cook.

I wish Howard was still on the board. I'm hoping he drops to the Browns in the far less meaningful actual draft. My suggestion is Watson, but I do have a small bias against former Mentor Cardinals that has no basis in reality. Watson's turnover problems frighten me (as does the low throw velocity), but his composure and performance in big games are impressive. And Lord knows I love a mobile QB.

Actually, screw it. Take Jabrill! Best athlete in the draft! So fast he might bring Al Davis back from the dead!

I'm here.. tbh BG.. I don't know what to do

I would trade back.. but I think.. we go for Davis.. just to spite Hindl
Naw. This is what we think our team will do. They do like Davis, a lot of guys I would have picked here are gone. Qb is in conversation for them at 12, think this might be
The spot for one considering how things have shaken out. I'd say it's between Watson or trubisky. Fine with putting trubisky here but have a sneaking suspicion they're in on Watson.
I wish Howard was still on the board. I'm hoping he drops to the Browns in the far less meaningful actual draft. My suggestion is Watson, but I do have a small bias against former Mentor Cardinals that has no basis in reality. Watson's turnover problems frighten me (as does the low throw velocity), but his composure and performance in big games are impressive. And Lord knows I love a mobile QB.

Actually, screw it. Take Jabrill! Best athlete in the draft! So fast he might bring Al Davis back from the dead!
Probably would have put Howard here, but Fox likes to ruin things. They've worked out a lot of TEs this year
Browns could take Reddick or Davis there

lmao
We've invested big in Collins and will be extending our other Lb Kirksey soon, a bit of a rising star

Floy is going to pull a mech and fuck this draft up.
You arguably ruined it by taking Marshon biiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

Naw. This is what we think our team will do. They do like Davis, a lot of guys I would have picked here are gone. Qb is in conversation for them at 12, think this might be
The spot for one considering how things have shaken out. I'd say it's between Watson or trubisky. Fine with putting trubisky here but have a sneaking suspicion they're in on Watson.

Probably would have put Howard here, but Fox likes to ruin things. They've worked out a lot of TEs this year

We've invested big in Collins and will be extending our other Lb Kirksey soon, a bit of a rising star
Agreed.. Fox is the worst.. I also agree with you.. I think Hue takes Deshaun over Mitch

You son of a whore F I won't forget this
BG saved you

Anyone here watch trailer park boys?
https://youtu.be/4VvheS2Ydog
I used to

Me too..

BG.. is it Mitch or Deshaun.. I'm not picking this time.
we'll go with mitch
Now there's a real browns fan
one day all of this will be yours, even Floy. But don't tell the others, told them all the same thing .
That's exactly who I was picturing him as. Does that make BG Lahey?
I'm the dude you never see who randomly yells For Fucks sake!

Top Bottom