• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

MechDX

NFL Network draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah said one NFL coach he talked to called this o-line draft crop worst in 15 years.

This is why six o-linemen got contracts worth more than $10M per at the start of free agency, and 3 more landed b/w $9M APY and $10M APY. https://t.co/DxVI8B4BRL

This is why you dont get stupid in FA. Almost none of those FA linemen were worth that. Desperation.

cdyhybrid

ABGGGea.png

Barnwell on notice.

With the Fifteen Pick of the NFL-Gaf Mock Draft...

NFL-Gaf Selects: said:
Ryan Ramczyk, OT - Wisconsin

Ravens are on the Clock, They have until 4pm PST

16. Baltimore Ravens - Blarry
17. Washington Redskins
18. Tennessee Titans
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx
20. Denver Broncos
21. Detroit Lions - Kastrioti
22. Miami Dolphins - Dolphins-Gaf
23. New York Giants - BigAT, Futurevoid, Striker
24. Oakland Raiders - Officerrob
25. Houston Texans - Dutch, Mech
26. Seattle Seahawks - cdy
27. Kansas City Chiefs
28. Dallas Cowboys - cashman
29. Green Bay Packers - Elfforkusu - Slo
30. Pittsburgh Steelers - DeaconKnowledge
31. Atlanta Falcons
32. New Orleans Saints (from Patriots) - dionysus

Rules:

Teams without a team will be group pick, first choice to three votes or pick with most votes in two hours get auto-selected.

Remember the pick is who you think your team will pick not who you want (you hear that Mech??)

Write a quick write up on why your team will make that pick and how he fits your team.

Jarnet87

NFL Network draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah said one NFL coach he talked to called this o-line draft crop worst in 15 years.

This is why six o-linemen got contracts worth more than $10M per at the start of free agency, and 3 more landed b/w $9M APY and $10M APY. https://t.co/DxVI8B4BRL

This is why you dont get stupid in FA. Almost none of those FA linemen were worth that. Desperation.

Ok but if the FA and rookie crop of lineman suck do you just hope the group you have magically get better lol?

MechDX

Ok but if the FA and rookie crop of lineman suck do you just hope the group you have magically get better lol?

The rookies in the draft are just not ready some still have some serious potential. Drafted linemen in the first couple rounds are expected to start basically day one. This year they cant. Most of them anyway

Doesnt mean you overpay mediocre linemen like what happened in free agency this year

Tom Penny

Stop trying to justify why Houston has been m.i.a in free agency this off season.

The rookies in the draft are just not ready some still have some serious potential. Drafted linemen in the first couple rounds are expected to start basically day one. This year they cant

Doesnt mean you overpay mediocre linemen like what happened in free agency this year

This is why I feel our mock is already inaccurate. I feel the 1st round, and specifically the top 10, is going to be pass rusher/cornerback heavy. That is, unless all this bearish talk about how bad the QB class is is just another smokescreen.

MechDX

Stop trying to justify why Houston has been m.i.a in free agency this off season.

Only thing they "needed" in FA os a safety and a RT. They have some reserve linemen they like so i guess that is their plan at RT

Safety is deep in this draft so....

30 million under the cap right now. Im expecting a Hopkins extension and/or Clowney extension to avoid the 5th year option

MechDX

Exactly why they are not spending this year as I said this morning. If you are not going to spend at least accumulate the comp picks while you dont

Still dont blame them. At least they took a shot, it failed miserably but they did take a chance

Hindl

This is why I feel our mock is already inaccurate. I feel the 1st round, and specifically the top 10, is going to be pass rusher/cornerback heavy. That is, unless all this bearish talk about how bad the QB class is is just another smokescreen.

I dunno. If the Browns don't Brown, we know Garrett is going #1, and no way Hooker, Adams, Lattimore, and Fournette make it out of the Top 10. Then add in that Thomas and Allen being almost guaranteed Top 10. I don't think any of the other CBs in this draft are worth a Top 10 pick, although I do expect a run on them some time around the 18-26 range. So with those guys being pretty safe locks, that leaves 3 spots for the Top 10, and Howard, Williams, and Foster seem like likely choices to round it out. This QB class is bad, and I could easily see the Top 10 turning out exactly like ours if no QBs get taken, except maybe shuffle the order. Who in the Top 10 would you replace with a CB/DE? Maybe swap Allen for Barnett, but Allen is already a pass rusher?

I dunno. If the Browns don't Brown, we know Garrett is going #1, and no way Hooker, Adams, Lattimore, and Fournette make it out of the Top 10. Then add in that Thomas and Allen being almost guaranteed Top 10. I don't think any of the other CBs in this draft are worth a Top 10 pick, although I do expect a run on them some time around the 18-26 range. So with those guys being pretty safe locks, that leaves 3 spots for the Top 10, and Howard, Williams, and Foster seem like likely choices to round it out. This QB class is bad, and I could easily see the Top 10 turning out exactly like ours if no QBs get taken, except maybe shuffle the order. Who in the Top 10 would you replace with a CB/DE? Maybe swap Allen for Barnett, but Allen is already a pass rusher?

The only reason the other CBs aren't worth a top 10 pick is because there are so many good CBs, so they can let some slide because they'll be able to get a comparable player. That wouldn't mean necessarily that they are all viewed as vastly inferior to Lattimore or Conley. TreDavious White could go high, for example. Lots of places have him above Conley.

Howard and Williams. Howard specifically. This may just be my bias, but I don't see a Tight End as a top 10 worthy talent. Teens sure. I took a lot of heat for saying Ebron wouldn't get drafted high a few years ago. I was wrong, but he has been a disappointment for such a high pick. This is a pass rusher heavy draft, and the last 2 Super Bowls have been heavily impacted by front seven play. I hope i'm wrong but I see a huge run on pass rushers early.

Tom Penny

Only thing they "needed" in FA os a safety and a RT. They have some reserve linemen they like so i guess that is their plan at RT

Safety is deep in this draft so....

30 million under the cap right now. Im expecting a Hopkins extension and/or Clowney extension to avoid the 5th year option

Who is replacing Bouye and Nicholas Cage?

MechDX

Who is replacing Bouye and Nicholas Cage?

Bouye stings but he was 4th on the depth chart at CB at the start of season and got his chance because former 1st round pick CB Kevin Johnson went down. Texans has a couple young guys on the roster at CB and John Butler is a great position coach. Not worried

Let me be concerned with my QB.

Hindl

Howard and Williams. Howard specifically. This may just be my bias, but I don't see a Tight End as a top 10 worthy talent. Teens sure. I took a lot of heat for saying Ebron wouldn't get drafted high a few years ago. I was wrong, but he has been a disappointment for such a high pick. This is a pass rusher heavy draft, and the last 2 Super Bowls have been heavily impacted by front seven play. I hope i'm wrong but I see a huge run on pass rushers early.

Well I disagree on Howard. I understand the reason to be hesitant, especially with how Ebron turned out, but Howard blows Ebron's athleticism away, and he's a much more polished run blocker than Ebron coming out of college. But even if we decide to replace them, who goes in? Outside of the prospects we already have in this top 10, I don't think there are any DL players that'll go that early. Maybe you're right but any team that takes a DL other than these in the top 10 will be reaching. Especially because this is a pass rush heavy draft, there will be prospects in the later rounds

Well I disagree on Howard. I understand the reason to be hesitant, especially with how Ebron turned out, but Howard blows Ebron's athleticism away, and he's a much more polished run blocker than Ebron coming out of college. But even if we decide to replace them, who goes in? Outside of the prospects we already have in this top 10, I don't think there are any DL players that'll go that early. Maybe you're right but any team that takes a DL other than these in the top 10 will be reaching. Especially because this is a pass rush heavy draft, there will be prospects in the later rounds

You may be right. Again, i'm biased against Tight Ends, and i'm also worried that the great pass rushing talent will be long snapped up before the Steelers pick at 30. We'll see.

Hindl

You may be right. Again, i'm biased against Tight Ends, and i'm also worried that the great pass rushing talent will be long snapped up before the Steelers pick at 30. We'll see.

I think there probably won't be an edge rusher worth taking at the Steelers 1st, but there will be plenty of pass rushers available in rounds 2-4 that could develop into great talent. The top of this draft is weird, where 1-12ish has a ton of blue chip prospects, and after that everyone is kinda a late-first prospect so some will inevitably be overdrafted, plus wild cards like McCaffrey, Cook, and Mixon. But the middle of this draft has a lot of depth, so I'm expecting Day 2 of this draft to produce a lot of really talented defensive players

MechDX

Pepsi: That was the biggest PR blunder of the week, year maybe.

United: Hold my beer.

Sean Spicer: LEEEEEEEEEERROOOOOOOY JEEEENNNNNNKINS!

Saw this on Twitter. jnc

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Trubisky at #1 could set off a chain of panic QB picks, and it will be a glorious failure.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/s...ing-myles-garrett-mitchell-trubisky-no-1-pick

The Cleveland Browns have not made up their minds about who to select with the first overall pick in the NFL draft, a league source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Tuesday. The Browns' decision appears to be between defensive end Myles Garrett and quarterback Mitchell Trubisky, the source said.

Another NFL executive of a team that has a top-10 pick said, "Don't be surprised if Myles Garrett isn't the No. 1 pick."

Pepiope

Lmao stop taking that report seriously. Myles is the pick. 2 week before the draft, highest smoke season.
It's the Browns. They passed up on future HOF and GOAT Carson Wentz. Of course the Browns are going to go and take an inferior QB at #1 in this draft. It's the Brown way.

Top Bottom