• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

How Mayock have Kizer as his Number 1 ranked qb for the WHOLE offseason, than drop him to 4th right before the draft 🤔🤔🤔

We didn't even play no games🤔

John Ross is the only pick that really makes sense here, unless the Ravens absolutely love someone like Conley or don't like Ross. If one of the top d-linemen fall far enough I could see them trying to move up and grab them with Jernigan and Dumervil gone and Suggs aging. But the way the drafts shaken out here, definitely John Ross.

I was joking yesterday about the Panthers taking McCaffrey in the mock draft, but in real life it looks like a LOT of momentum is moving that way.

I'm with Deacon in that I don't love the prospect of taking a TE early but it seems like all the beat writers like McCaffrey and Howard at 8 now (even if Fournette is still on the board)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was joking yesterday about the Panthers taking McCaffrey in the mock draft, but in real life it looks like a LOT of momentum is moving that way.

I'm with Deacon in that I don't love the prospect of taking a TE early but it seems like all the beat writers like McCaffrey and Howard at 8 now (even if Fournette is still on the board)

Carolina would ABSOLUTELY take Fournette if he was on the board and they wanted a RB. He's like the prototypical Carolina RB.

DMczaf

tenor.gif

Carolina would ABSOLUTELY take Fournette if he was on the board and they wanted a RB. He's like the prototypical Carolina RB.

But they also still have Stewart, who is THE prototypical Carolina RB.

The arguments I'm seeing in favor of the Bill Belichick favorite looking RB over Fournette is that he would better compliment Stewart and Cam because he offers more as a change of pace back and in the passing game. Fournette is absolutely the better pure runner in the north-south sense but he's not as versatile in all facets of the offense as the white guy.

Of course, that argument is kind of predicated on the assumption that you're still getting something from Stewart which is...dicey.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Patriots wet dream running back will either be an absolute monster or a mediocre slot receiver in a few years. I don't think there's much in between. Fournette's ceiling is equally high and not quite as low of a floor, though his skillset is what the league is getting away from as everyone wants a RB that can catch and run routes.

With the Sixteen Pick of the NFL-Gaf Mock Draft...

Ravens-Gaf Selects: said:
Am I too late?

If not, pick is Takkarist Mckinley. Ravens need pass rushing and this is who I expect they'll take if available.

Redskins are a group pick, first to three wins

17. Washington Redskins
18. Tennessee Titans
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx
20. Denver Broncos
21. Detroit Lions - Kastrioti
22. Miami Dolphins - Dolphins-Gaf
23. New York Giants - BigAT, Futurevoid, Striker
24. Oakland Raiders - Officerrob
25. Houston Texans - Dutch, Mech
26. Seattle Seahawks - cdy
27. Kansas City Chiefs
28. Dallas Cowboys - cashman
29. Green Bay Packers - Elfforkusu - Slo
30. Pittsburgh Steelers - DeaconKnowledge
31. Atlanta Falcons
32. New Orleans Saints (from Patriots) - dionysus

Rules:

Teams without a team will be group pick, first choice to three votes or pick with most votes in two hours get auto-selected.

Remember the pick is who you think your team will pick not who you want (you hear that Mech??)

Write a quick write up on why your team will make that pick and how he fits your team.

Hindl

But they also still have Stewart, who is THE prototypical Carolina RB.

The arguments I'm seeing in favor of the Bill Belichick favorite looking RB over Fournette is that he would better compliment Stewart and Cam because he offers more as a change of pace back and in the passing game. Fournette is absolutely the better pure runner in the north-south sense but he's not as versatile in all facets of the offense as the white guy.

Of course, that argument is kind of predicated on the assumption that you're still getting something from Stewart which is...dicey.

Stewart is 30 years old though and Fournette is the best pure RB prospect since AD. I don't think they'd hesitate to take fournette

Here's the deal the Giants have on the table for Hankins:

The offer from the Giants for Hankins is four years, $28 million, The Post has learned.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/12/heres-the-deal-the-giants-are-offering-johnathan-hankins/

More:

Hankins is only 25 years old and, if he accepts the offer to stay with the Giants, he could become a free agent again at 29. It certainly looks as if Hankins' agent, Kevin Poston, misread the market. A source said the first contract sought from Hankins' camp was for $15 million per year, a ridiculous demand that quickly dropped to $10 million per year — more on average than the five-year, $46.25 million deal Damon ”Snacks'' Harrison got from the Giants a year ago. Harrison is considered the best run-stopping defensive tackle in the league. The Giants value Hankins and see him as a bona fide starter, but they do not view him as a difference-maker in the mold of Harrison.

You need some new representation Big Hank.

I probably won't have a selection til noon but Titans will be drafting either a corner or safety. Titans getting lit up on deep threats and can't hold a 4th quarter lead. So defense is much needed

Stewart is 30 years old though and Fournette is the best pure RB prospect since AD. I don't think they'd hesitate to take fournette

We'll see.

I would personally prefer Fournette over McCaffrey.

But that's way too convenient a fit for Gettleman to actually make the pick. He'll reach for a defensive tackle (not Allen) instead.

Jarnet87

I probably won't have a selection til noon but Titans will be drafting either a corner or safety. Titans getting lit up on deep threats and can't hold a 4th quarter lead. So defense is much needed

At 18 Baker or Melfonwu might be a reach so best available corner fits.

Top Bottom