• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Hindl

Talking myself into the Eagles taking Mixon if he is there in round 3.

He won't be there in the 3rd. But god I hope not. I'm not against giving people second chances, look at Vick. But the difference was Vick did everything possible to fix what he did. He served time. Any time what he did is brought up, he addresses it head on, and occasionally brings it up on his own. He lobbied for bills that criminalized spectators of dogfighting. He truly showed remorse for what he did. Mixon (and Cook to a lesser extent) hasn't showed that same remorse. He regretted it in a news conference, but hasn't done anything since. Wherever he does get drafted, he better be planning to demonstrate that he realizes what he did was horrible

MechDX

Texans' David Quessenberry finishes chemo, breaks bell off the wall

Quessenberry has battled Non-Hodgkins lymphona for the past three years.
Quessenberry dealt with a persistent cough and shortness of breath during a minicamp three years ago and was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins T lymphoblastic lymphoma at age 23. Doctors discovered a mass in his lungs. Enough fluid had built up that it could have been fatal if they hadn't taken action quickly.
A former sixth-round draft pick from San Jose State who earned a scholarship, started 38 games and was a team captain and all-conference blocker after enrolling as a 235-pound walk-on tight end from Encinitas, Calif., Quessenberry was sidelined his rookie season with a foot injury and spent the year on injured reserve.

Always good to hear.

bionic77

morning apple bros!
Apple have gotten strangely expensive over the years. In fact that is pretty true across the board for any food that is healthy. And yet Doritos and garbage are like the same price as when I was in high school.

Apples are healthy as fuck though. No one is getting fat off of eating apples.

MechDX

NFL Mock Draft: Garoppolo to Browns, Sherman to Patriots in wild three-way trade
The Seahawks, we think, would jump at this if they're really willing to deal Sherman. And it reminds us of the last time Seattle ended up with two first rounders, landing Russell Okung and Earl Thomas in the first round of the 2010 NFL Draft. There isn't a guarantee of a player of Thomas' quality being available, for sure, and the offensive line prospects are question marks, but the talent is there for the Seahawks to come away with a first-round haul.
For the Browns, this is a no-brainer move because they get Garoppolo for a reasonable enough price without giving up any future picks. Yeah, you'd like to hold onto No. 33, but come away with Myles Garrett and Jimmy G and you're not feeling bad.
To recap:
Patriots get:
Richard Sherman
No. 33 overall pick in 2017 NFL Draft
Seahawks get:
No. 12 overall pick in 2017 NFL Draft
Conditional fourth-round pick in 2018 NFL Draft
Browns get:
Jimmy Garoppolo

So conflicted! While Russ finally gets some good O line help in Lamp the Patriots get Dick and my boy Kave gets a sexy QB

effzee

He won't be there in the 3rd. But god I hope not. I'm not against giving people second chances, look at Vick. But the difference was Vick did everything possible to fix what he did. He served time. Any time what he did is brought up, he addresses it head on, and occasionally brings it up on his own. He lobbied for bills that criminalized spectators of dogfighting. He truly showed remorse for what he did. Mixon (and Cook to a lesser extent) hasn't showed that same remorse. He regretted it in a news conference, but hasn't done anything since. Wherever he does get drafted, he better be planning to demonstrate that he realizes what he did was horrible

Sure but Vick had to do that because America cares more about dog abuse than abuse against women.

See United Airlines passenger story V school shooting in CA

Bring them all in.

Greg

Apple have gotten strangely expensive over the years. In fact that is pretty true across the board for any food that is healthy. And yet Doritos and garbage are like the same price as when I was in high school.

Apples are healthy as fuck though. No one is getting fat off of eating apples.
I love Doritos, but I always keep stocked up on apples and bananas!

MechDX

Mike Clay‏Verified account
@MikeClayNFL

More
Grading the 12 "starters" on each defense, who is better on paper than the Jaguars? Can't get over how stacked they are.

Man once again the Jags are the off season champs. Rest of the AFCS should just forfeit now

MechDX

Mark Dominik‏Verified account @MarkdominikESPN 28m28 minutes ago
More
Over past four #NFLDrafts the team that drafted the 1st overall Quarterback, (Manuel/Bortles/Winston/Goff) none of the head coaches remain

Hue sweating they take Garrett #1 overall

effzee

Lynch headed to the Raiders?

I really don't get this. He will be 31, demand a high salary, 2 years removed from football action, and you can select a quality starting RB (esp behind that line) as deep as the 4-5th round.

Seems like a Jets type move.

Eagles canceled their private workout with mixon due to the outrage from fans/media. No fucking way are they taking him now.

Why? There was a bigger uproar and national outrage against Vick and they went ahead anyway.

BigAT

I really don't get this. He will be 31, demand a high salary, 2 years removed from football action, and you can select a quality starting RB (esp behind that line) as deep as the 4-5th round.

Seems like a Jets type move.

Also I'm pretty sure the Seahawks still control his rights if he comes back.

We almost up, Mech!!!!!

0ap3000000793643_video_player_cp--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

MechDX

Beach

Best part of the Lynch thing is that no more mocks will have the Raiders picking RB the first few rounds

And we do have money until the Carr and Mack contracts hypothetically kick in a couple of years anyway so that's not an issue. We're not asking him to be a 25 carry back. All he has to do is spot Richard and Washington and it would be worth it.

Hindl

Why? There was a bigger uproar and national outrage against Vick and they went ahead anyway.
There's video. Shit becomes a lot harder to ignore when there's evidence like that. People knew Vick tortured dogs but they didn't see it, whereas you can clearly see Mixon punch the girl and knock her out. Plus Vick served time for his crimes.

The other thing to think about is that when Andy brought Vick on board, he had been a head coach for years, had a well-run, disciplined locker room, and was respected as one of the best coaches in the league (I still think he is). Doug is a second year coach who still has to establish himself. Now I think he could do it, because whatever your thoughts on his coaching ability, he navigated several off-the-field minefields last year that would be a struggle even for a veteran coach, and kept the locker room together. But still, he doesn't have the clout to have people trust him to rehabilitate someone like Mixon

Dogs ain't people, they dogs.

Plus, the organization was in a way better place to bring in someone like Vick and work through the problems. Reid was a class act and practically puritanical, and had full control of his locker room. Pederson is inexperienced and the team doesn't have enough of the clear leaders in needs to deal with that shit right now.

MechDX

Aaron Wilson‏Verified account @AaronWilson_NFL 4m4 minutes ago
More
Texans cutting offensive lineman Tony Bergstrom, per a source

TexansCap‏ @TexansCap 1m1 minute ago
More
Texans release of Bergstrom offers initial $2.875m in cap savings.
http://texanscap.com/tony-bergstrom-salary-cap-page/
Bergstram was a depth player but odd for such a cut late in free agency. More cap space now..... over 31 million to be exact

Plus, the organization was in a way better place to bring in someone like Vick and work through the problems. Reid was a class act and practically puritanical, and had full control of his locker room. Pederson is inexperienced and the team doesn't have enough of the clear leaders in needs to deal with that shit right now.
America loves dogs though.

effzee

And as I said people get way more upset over dogs then abuse against humans.

On the chain of offenses, hitting and killing dogs comes above criminal acts against other humans, especially if it is women.

Hindl

And as I said people get way more upset over dogs then abuse against humans.

On the chain of offenses, hitting and killing dogs comes above criminal acts against other humans, especially if it is women.

But video evidence of one criminal act bumps it above another, no matter how society ranks the importance of them

Hindl

I can't imagine Cleveland being this dumb with a Garoppolo trade. The 12th overall should be enough for him, MAYBE throw in the 4th round 1st pick. 12 and 33 is way too much though.

It's dumb even with the 12. Garoppolo is barely more proven than any of the prospects available at 12, he's barely played 2 games. Sure, he has the potential to be great, but the Browns need more pieces in place. Maybe if this were next year after the picks from this year's and last year's class started maturing, Garoppolo would make sense. But he's not going to dramatically improve them, and they still would need to give him a contract within the next year. Plus, if it's a choice between Garoppolo or someone like Howard, I know who I'm picking

Wes

venison crêpe
I am muttering under my breath in the general direction of whomever took a QB for us at 12 in this mock.

Not like this.

GOATY Kessler for life.

Mindlog

NASA
20 Minutes
2 PM EST
oceans
other worlds
streaming to your phone and on the nasa channel
watch it
watch it!
WATCH IT!