• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

jbug617

Banned
RIP
C9UWFVjXoAIs65g.jpg

jbug617

Banned
Damn Eli, this is a bad look. Eli also uses AOL as his email.

Giants quarterback Eli Manning was in on a scheme to sell phony game-worn gear — sending an email asking the team's equipment manager for ”helmets that can pass as game used," according to blockbuster court papers obtained by The Post.

The legal filing also alleges that Big Blue failed to produce the smoking-gun request — sent from Manning's old-school AOL account to an official NFL account — even though ”they claim to have no document destruction policy."

But Manning turned over the incriminating email last week in connection with a civil racketeering suit that accuses him, his team and others of conspiring to fleece collectors of authentic athletic uniforms worn on the playing field.

Manning's email is contained in a pair of exchanges that allegedly began when his marketing agent, Alan Zucker, asked Manning to supply ”2 game used helmets and 2 game used jerseys" as per the two-time Super Bowl MVP's contract with memorabilia dealer Steiner Sports.

Several hours after Zucker sent the request on April 27, 2010, Giants equipment manager Joe Skiba sent Manning an email saying: ”Let me know what your looking for I'll try to get something down for you...," court papers say.

”2 helmets that can pass as game used. That is it. Eli," Manning allegedly responded from his BlackBerry at 2:08 p.m.

At 2:25 p.m., Manning wrote back to Zucker, saying: ”Should be able to get them for tomorrow."

”Thanks Eli," Zucker responded.
http://nypost.com/2017/04/13/heres-...witter&utm_medium=SocialFlow&sr_share=twitter

Jarnet87

McCaffrey
Njoku
Lamp
Taco

What to do, what to do...

i can't see the team going Lamp when he projects better as a guard, and the Bucs have confidence in what they have at the position. And no mention of that home cookin with Cook? We traded up to get a kicker from home, you know they are interested in Dalvin, not saying they will draft him though.

Syrinx

Buccaneers select Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford.

Was kinda tough because the Bucs needed a little of everything. Needed pass rush, but wasn't quite sold on Taco at 19. Need a LT, but I'm wary of Cam Robinson and basically any other Alabama OL. Considered Lamp, but our biggest need on the OL is LT where he projects as an interior guy. I might have taken John Ross if we hadn't signed DeSean Jackson in FA. And I like David Njoku, but when we need a bit of everything, it's kinda hard for me to justify a first-round TE.

So I went with McCaffrey, since Doug Martin's suspension looms, and we were 24th in the league in yards per rush last year. I'm skeptical that McCaffrey will be available in real life, and if he wasn't, I might have taken Cook (shit, they might take Cook anyway since they actually brought him in for a visit).

Ultimately I'm pretty open-minded on this draft; I wouldn't mind if the Bucs took any of the guys I mentioned (except Robinson I guess). But it's McCaffrey.

MechDX

Since we are all going to die tomorrow anyway the Browns should just go ahead and trade all their draft picks for JImmy

May Kay and Grossi can die happy

cdyhybrid

Was kinda tough because the Bucs needed a little of everything. Needed pass rush, but wasn't quite sold on Taco at 19. Need a LT, but I'm wary of Cam Robinson and basically any other Alabama OL. Considered Lamp, but our biggest need on the OL is LT where he projects as an interior guy. I might have taken John Ross if we hadn't signed DeSean Jackson in FA. And I like David Njoku, but when we need a bit of everything, it's kinda hard for me to justify a first-round TE.

So I went with McCaffrey, since Doug Martin's suspension looms, and we were 24th in the league in yards per rush last year. I'm skeptical that McCaffrey will be available in real life, and if he wasn't, I might have taken Cook (shit, they might take Cook anyway since they actually brought him in for a visit).

Ultimately I'm pretty open-minded on this draft; I wouldn't mind if the Bucs took any of the guys I mentioned (except Robinson I guess). But it's McCaffrey.
#pray4PatsGAF #pray4PackersGAF

Slo

I was really hoping he'd be there for the Pack!

With the Nineteenth Pick of the NFL-Gaf Mock Draft...

Bucs-Gaf Selects: said:

Denver is on the clock, group pick, first to three wins.

20. Denver Broncos
21. Detroit Lions - Kastrioti
22. Miami Dolphins - Dolphins-Gaf
23. New York Giants - BigAT, Futurevoid, Striker
24. Oakland Raiders - Officerrob
25. Houston Texans - Dutch, Mech
26. Seattle Seahawks - cdy
27. Kansas City Chiefs
28. Dallas Cowboys - cashman
29. Green Bay Packers - Elfforkusu - Slo
30. Pittsburgh Steelers - DeaconKnowledge
31. Atlanta Falcons
32. New Orleans Saints (from Patriots) - dionysus

Rules:

Teams without a team will be group pick, first choice to three votes or pick with most votes in two hours get auto-selected.

Remember the pick is who you think your team will pick not who you want (you hear that Mech??)

Write a quick write up on why your team will make that pick and how he fits your team.

Mike Greenberg‏ @Espngreeny

If this story about Eli Manning is all true, it will be very interesting to see how the league - and the #Giants - handle it.
🤔 Wow looks like BigAT is actually gonna draft Trubisky

Duxxy3

Ban Eli. Take away the trophies and re-instate the Pats perfect season. Take away all draft picks for the next three years.

The world demands justice.

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...m-new-eli-manning-email-taken-out-of-context/

The Giants recently opted not to comment on the pending litigation regarding allegations of fraudulent memorabilia sales. After Thursday’s release of an email that has been characterized as a smoking gun regarding quarterback Eli Manning’s knowledge of and involvement in such a scheme, the Giants are commenting.

“The email, taken out of context, was shared with the media by an unscrupulous memorabilia dealer and his counsel who for years has been seeking to leverage a big payday,” said Karren Kessler, spokesperson for the law firm of McCarter & English, which represents the Giants. “The email predates any litigation, and there was no legal obligation to store it on the Giants server. Eli Manning is well known for his integrity and this is just the latest misguided attempt to defame his character.”

Well we are done here. Stop trying to smear Eli's name you fucks

Top Bottom