• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Matt Miller‏ @nfldraftscout

#Lions new uniforms: http://news.nike.com/news/detroit-lions-new-uniform
C9VVhaIUAAAyG96.jpg
Apparently the Lions got New Uniforms. Kas couldn't even be bothered to tell us smh.

Looks good

Tall4Life

Oh yes organizations like the pats are routinely punished for things they did not do. Also it is definitely a witch Hunt that is why the commish burned the fucking spygate tapes. At least be like bread and lean into being a bad guy, dont do this shit.

But it's not a gimmick if its the truth 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
....the Detroit Lions select Taco Charlton from the University of Michigan

In last years draft Bob Quinn revamped the Lions offensive line taking future Pro Bowler Taylor Decker in the first round, Graham Glasgow in the 3rd round and Joe Dahl in the 5th round. The focus will now turn to the defensive line. The Lions defensive line was abysmal last season tallying only 26 sacks, the second fewest in the NFL.

With Ziggy Ansah hurt for most of last season the Lions could not get pressure on opposing Quarterbacks allowing QBs like Brian Hoyer and Sam Bradford to throw for more than 70% completion percentage. Even Brock Osweiller looked like a Pro Bowler throwing 20/29 QBs were dinking and dunking all day long on our defense and that was because of the lack of pressure.

Taco Charlton, unlike some other DEs mocked to Detroit, has prototypical size at 6'5 271 lbs. He played lights out with 9.5 sacks, 40 totals tackles and a very impressive 13.5 Tackles for loss. He'll be the perfect complement in our 4-3 base defense opposite of Ezekial Ansah as the revamped defense helps an already immensely talented team on our quest for a Super Bowl.

BigAT

In last years draft Bob Quinn revamped the Lions offensive line taking future Pro Bowler Taylor Decker in the first round, Graham Glasgow in the 3rd round and Joe Dahl in the 5th round. The focus will now turn to the defensive line. The Lions defensive line was abysmal last season tallying only 26 sacks, the second fewest in the NFL.

With Ziggy Ansah hurt for most of last season the Lions could not get pressure on opposing Quarterbacks allowing QBs like Brian Hoyer and Sam Bradford to throw for more than 70% completion percentage. Even Brock Osweiller looked like a Pro Bowler throwing 20/29 QBs were dinking and dunking all day long on our defense and that was because of the lack of pressure.

Taco Charlton, unlike some other DEs mocked to Detroit, has prototypical size at 6'5 271 lbs. He played lights out with 9.5 sacks, 40 totals tackles and a very impressive 13.5 Tackles for loss. He'll be the perfect complement in our 4-3 base defense opposite of Ezekial Ansah as the revamped defense helps an already immensely talented team on our quest for a Super Bowl.

Taco?

MTfrUmP.jpg

With the Twenty-First Pick of the NFL-Gaf Mock Draft...

Lions-Gaf Selects: said:

Dolphins Are Next!

22. Miami Dolphins - Dolphins-Gaf
23. New York Giants - BigAT, Futurevoid, Striker
24. Oakland Raiders - Officerrob
25. Houston Texans - Dutch, Mech
26. Seattle Seahawks - cdy
27. Kansas City Chiefs
28. Dallas Cowboys - cashman
29. Green Bay Packers - Elfforkusu - Slo
30. Pittsburgh Steelers - DeaconKnowledge
31. Atlanta Falcons
32. New Orleans Saints (from Patriots) - dionysus

Rules:

Teams without a team will be group pick, first choice to three votes or pick with most votes in two hours get auto-selected.

Remember the pick is who you think your team will pick not who you want (you hear that Mech??)

Write a quick write up on why your team will make that pick and how he fits your team.

JABEE

Fournette seems to be a much better runner than McCaffrey just from watching YouTube stuff. What is everyone knocking Fournette for that I'm not seeing. People are talking about picking other running backs before him. Our draft has him going #4, but from people who watch a lot of SEC games, what am I missing? He seems like an outstanding prospect. As a running back he seems to have great balance, vision, speed, size, and shiftiness.

It seems like McCaffery isn't as fast of a runner as you would expect. He almost gets caught from behind a lot and seems to take advantage of a lot of terrible tackling in the PAC-12. This is my YouTube amateur scouting report.

With the 22nd pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, The Miami Dolphins (The Greatest Football Team), select:

Forrest Lamp, G - West Kentucky

Alright this was a toss up between Lamp and Cunningham, but because this is what we think our team will do and not what I would personally do I'll have to go with Lamp.

After we got rid of Albert, we created a giant hole next to Pouncey and with his injury history we can't afford to start three bad interior linemen.

Lamp has all the tools to come in and be an above average guard right away and so even though we need all the help we can get on Defense I feel that Miami will go with Lamp because after 10 years we are still trying to fix that shitty o-line.

With the Twenty-Second Pick of the NFL-Gaf Mock Draft...

Dolphins-Gaf Selects: said:
With the 22nd pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, The Miami Dolphins (The Greatest Football Team), select:

Alright this was a toss up between Lamp and Cunningham, but because this is what we think our team will do and not what I would personally do I'll have to go with Lamp.

After we got rid of Albert, we created a giant hole next to Pouncey and with his injury history we can't afford to start three bad interior linemen.

Lamp has all the tools to come in and be an above average guard right away and so even though we need all the help we can get on Defense I feel that Miami will go with Lamp because after 10 years we are still trying to fix that shitty o-line.

1. Cleveland Browns - Flo,BG
Myles Garrett, DE - Texas A&M
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=233646159&postcount=4850

2. San Francisco 49ers - bigosc2k, Doomsayer, TheSkullPrince
Marshon Lattimore, CB of the Ohio State Buckeyes

3. Chicago Bears - NFL-Gaf
Solomon Thomas, DE - Stanford

4. Jacksonville Jaguars - NFL-Gaf
Leonard Fournette, RB - LSU

5. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams) - NFL-Gaf
Mike Williams, WR - Clemson

6. New York Jets - Fox
O.J. Howard, TE - Alabama

7. Los Angeles Chargers - NFL-Gaf
Malik Hooker, S -Ohio State

8. Carolina Panthers - Grover
Jonathan Allen, DL - Alabama

9. Cincinnati Bengals - NFL-Gaf
Reuben Foster, LB - Alabama

10. Buffalo Bills - NFL-Gaf
Jamal Adams, S - LSU

11. New Orleans Saints - dionysus
Derek Barnett, DE - Tennessee

12. Cleveland Browns (from Philadelphia Eagles) - Flo, BG
Mitchell Trubisky, QB - UNC

13. Arizona Cardinals - NFL-Gaf
Patrick Mahomes, QB - Texas Tech

14. Philadelphia Eagles (from Minnesota Vikings) - Hindl
Corey Davis, WR - Western Michigan

15. Indianapolis Colts - NFL-Gaf
Ryan Ramczyk, OT - Wisconsin

16. Baltimore Ravens - Blarry
Takkarist Mckinley, DE - UCLA

17. Washington Redskins - NFL-Gaf
Haason Reddick, LB - Temple

18. Tennessee Titans - NFL-Gaf
Gaereon Conley, CB - Ohio State

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx
Christian McCaffrey, RB - Stanford.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=233889842&postcount=5786

20. Denver Broncos - NFL-Gaf
Garett Bolles, T - Utah

21. Detroit Lions - Kastrioti
Taco Charlton, DE - Michigan

22. Miami Dolphins - Dolphins-Gaf (;_;)

Giants are up! Since it's already late on the worst cost, I'll give them until tomorrow

23. New York Giants - BigAT, Futurevoid, Striker
24. Oakland Raiders - Officerrob
25. Houston Texans - Dutch, Mech
26. Seattle Seahawks - cdy
27. Kansas City Chiefs
28. Dallas Cowboys - cashman
29. Green Bay Packers - Elfforkusu - Slo
30. Pittsburgh Steelers - DeaconKnowledge
31. Atlanta Falcons
32. New Orleans Saints (from Patriots) - dionysus

Rules:

Teams without a team will be group pick, first choice to three votes or pick with most votes in two hours get auto-selected.

Remember the pick is who you think your team will pick not who you want (you hear that Mech??)

Write a quick write up on why your team will make that pick and how he fits your team.

I missed and love you all <3

Missed yall most, BaeG, Dutch, and even F

Also pretty suspicious how I'm out for a week, and that's the week friend Olivia finally bails on the Rod
XuP71vP.gif

Not in love with him but he's fine. I like Raekwon McMillan a little better for his size and coverage abilities. 24 is a bit too high for him tho.

Yeah, I think trading back would be what's best if at all possible here. In this scenario I'd hope to trade with a team desperate to get ahead of Houston to get Watson

Not in love with him but he's fine. I like Raekwon McMillan a little better for his size and coverage abilities. 24 is a bit too high for him tho.
Raekwon is one of the best Run defenders in the draft. He's not the best in coverage, but if you need a guy to provide an immediate upgrade to your run defense. He's it.

Raekwon is one of the best Run defenders in the draft. He's not the best in coverage, but if you need a guy to provide an immediate upgrade to your run defense. He's it.

I think he's pretty good (better than what we have anyway) He dropped into zone all the time and also lined up underneath tight ends and played man coverage (which is what I like)

The Raiders need a linebacker who can cover a tight end desperately
He can do that.

I think he's pretty good (better than what we have anyway) He dropped into zone all the time and also lined up underneath tight ends and played man coverage (which is what I like)
Pretty much.. he will be decent in that regard. I just like him better as a run defender because he flows to the ball and is always aggressive even as a freshman (too aggressive, that's one reason why his ass didn't play a lot.. he would be too aggressive)

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I missed and love you all <3

Missed yall most, BaeG, Dutch, and even F

Also pretty suspicious how I'm out for a week, and that's the week friend Olivia finally bails on the Rod
XuP71vP.gif

&#128525;

It just dawned on me, could the Chiefs draft a QB at #27? Alex is getting up in age and they're not getting past the divisional round with him anyway.

I could see Andy Reid taking a QB to groom behind Alex and eventually become his successor.

Hindl

I'm glad the eagles have never won a super bowl

Words hurt Gata. You don't hear me wishing your Jags never win a Super Bowl

Fournette seems to be a much better runner than McCaffrey just from watching YouTube stuff. What is everyone knocking Fournette for that I'm not seeing. People are talking about picking other running backs before him. Our draft has him going #4, but from people who watch a lot of SEC games, what am I missing? He seems like an outstanding prospect. As a running back he seems to have great balance, vision, speed, size, and shiftiness.

It seems like McCaffery isn't as fast of a runner as you would expect. He almost gets caught from behind a lot and seems to take advantage of a lot of terrible tackling in the PAC-12. This is my YouTube amateur scouting report.

He is a much better runner than McCaffrey. Fournette is one of the best pure running prospects in a generation, he's a better pure runner than Zeke. No one is arguing that. And he'll be the first RB off the board, I haven't seen anyone put McCaffrey above him. That combination of size, power, and speed is nearly unheard of. Fournette is built like a LB.

The "problems" with Fournette isn't really problems, it's just the other top backs in this class excel at the other parts of being a RB, while he is merely good/great. McCaffrey is a Westbrook clone, and could just as easily be a slot receiver as a RB. Cook is a phenomenal receiver out of the backfield as well, while Fournette hasn't really shown that part of his game, but has done well in flashes. Same with blitz pickup and pass blocking. The other thing is that partially due to their pass-catching ability, and partially due to the way they run, other backs are more versatile than Fournette. McCaffrey and Cook can be a part of many different schemes, run between the tackles or bounce it outside, be in 1 back or 2 back sets, etc. Fournette can do those things, but to truly get the best out of him, you want to run him in a 2 back set with a fullback leading him so he doesn't have to think, he can just follow the fullback and go through the hole he creates. That type of scheme is where his skillset shines, and he'll dominate teams that way. In other schemes he'll have to adapt and he still will be successful, but it's not using his full potential. Due to that, you kinda have to tailor your offense to him, just like the Vikings did with Peterson. That's why he'd be perfect for a team that either doesn't have an offensive identity, or a team like the Panthers that have already been running that 2 back, fullback lead set with J Stewart for years. The other thing to think about is that as the league has developed into a more passer friendly league, the hard-nosed, bruising RB is getting phased out in favor of RBs that can run, catch, and block. If Fournette was around in the 70s, he would've been mentioned in the same breath as Earl Campbell, at least as a prospect

But even with all that said, say you have 3 rankings for a RB, running, receiving, and pass blocking, and rank a RB out of 10. Fournette would be like
RB: 12
Receiver: 6
Pass blocker: 5

Whereas McCaffrey(/Cook) is
RB: 8
Receiver: 9
Pass blocker: 6

Fournette will be first off the board and is the best pure RB. Other RBs are more versatile though

Welcome back friend. You've been missed

WedgeX

Banned

Does this mean I can call him HARD SHELL TACO now?

Also are you secretly Dave Birkett?

FACTS:

LeBron James: An old but still doing it
The Rock: An old but still doing it
John Cena: An old but still doing it
Kid Rock: An old but still doing it.

Face it, it's an olds world, you young fucks are just living in it.

bigosc2k

Banned
FACTS:

LeBron James: An old but still doing it
The Rock: An old but still doing it
John Cena: An old but still doing it
Kid Rock: An old but still doing it.

Face it, it's an olds world, you young fucks are just living in it.
That last part is one huge lie, like the time you claimed to be a lawyer.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Does this mean I can call him HARD SHELL TACO now?

Also are you secretly Dave Birkett?

We can call him HARD SHELL TACO WITH EXTRA SALSA VERDE because Taco Charlton will be bringing the heat to opposing QBs!

I really hope he's not gone by #21, and I actually have thought long and hard about Jabrill Peppers at #21. If we don't get Taco I hope we just trade down.

I'm almost certain we'll be grabbing one player from the University of Michigan. Jake Butt and Graham Glasgows brother are two players from Round 2-4 Quinn has been scouting.

No matter what, In Quinn We Trust.

Striker

BigAT and Future, options to me are down to Dalvin Cook, David Njoku, Malik McDowell, and Jarrad Davis.

Any pick would play immediately in some form or another.

Top Bottom