• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Hindl

What is your issue with Peppers? Is it just a Michigan/OSU thing?

About to head home from work and Ill get the pick in then

Don't listen to floy. I've been watching that battle red blog guys film breakdowns for a bunch of prospects and his Peppers video gave me a new perspective on him. He'd be great on the Texans

MechDX

Don't listen to floy. I've been watching that battle red blog guys film breakdowns for a bunch of prospects and his Peppers video gave me a new perspective on him. He'd be great on the Texans

Brett does great on those film room studies.

What is your issue with Peppers? Is it just a Michigan/OSU thing?
Because if I'm drafting a safety, I'd rather pick up CDY's boy Budda Baker most likely (or my boy Malik.. I can still dream damn it) or if I want a better LB, we can draft TJ Watt. If I want a corner, I can sure as hell find a better corner (Jourdan Lewis, a solid Michigan man whose underrated I would argue and one of the top man coverage corners in the draft)

This eagerness to paint him as Charles Woodson 2.0 is just annoying. Sure he's athletic, but the thing Woodson had was instinct which compared to Peppers, he trounces him completely in even in college.

It's not that I hate peppers.. it's that you can find someone who does one particular thing extremely well whereas Peppers does several things ok. He will be fine with the Texans as there is enough talent there where he can blend in and have an impact in his way.

I do too for the record

Yes. Floy is tsundere for our boy Harbs.
Take it back

Can't wait for Peppers to be a Brown at 33.....
rejoice.png

natjjohn

The continued lack of fantasy talk here is disappointing. We need some Dynasty league discussion.

Also, Brady will shred a knee ligament during training camp.

Hindl

Brett does great on those film room studies.

Yeah really helped me learn more about new prospects. Wish he would've done more but I'll take what I can get

Because if I'm drafting a safety, I'd rather pick up CDY's boy Budda Baker most likely (or my boy Malik.. I can still dream damn it) or if I want a better LB, we can draft TJ Watt. If I want a corner, I can sure as hell find a better corner (Jourdan Lewis, a solid Michigan man whose underrated I would argue and one of the top man coverage corners in the draft)

This eagerness to paint him as Charles Woodson 2.0 is just annoying. Sure he's athletic, but the thing Woodson had was instinct which compared to Peppers, he trounces him completely in even in college.

It's not that I hate peppers.. it's that you can find someone who does one particular thing extremely well whereas Peppers does several things ok. He will be fine with the Texans as there is enough talent there where he can blend in and have an impact in his way.

I do too for the record

Take it back

I don't think people are still talking about him compared to Woodson. In fact, most people are really down on Peppers now. He's versatile and while he may not excel at any one thing, he'd be a good fit for the Texans and could fill in several holes.

The continued lack of fantasy talk here is disappointing. We need some Dynasty league discussion.

Also, Brady will shred a knee ligament during training camp.

There's a separate thread for fantasy talk, and there's nothing to talk about right now

Duxxy3

Texans select...

Chad Kelly, QB - Mississippi

Texans go for potential here.
Potential cell mate for Aaron Hernandez mwahahaha

MechDX

With the 25th pick the 2017 NFL Mock Draft the Houston Texans select:

Jabrill Peppers, Safety, University of Michigan

While the "popular" choice here for the talking heads is "QBQBQB!" that is not Rick Smith's M.O. in drafts. Majority of the time he goes defense in the first round and has NEVER drafted a QB before the 4th round in his tenure as GM. I still believe in the real draft they pass QB here but try to get back into the late first round and draft Kizer or Webb. They were never "all in" on Romo or he would have been there. Savage is O'Briens guy, spending 3 years learning the system, and will get a full off season working with the starters to show what he can do.

Peppers fills really the only "glaring" hole in the Texans secondary. A safety who can play in the box to help stop the run and can drop back from the LB position to cover tight ends out of the backfield. Mike Vrabel has been schooled on being the defensive coordinator by Romeo Crennel and will utilize Peppers blitzing ability. How do you stop Peppers when you are accounting for Watt, Clowney and Mercilus already?

the reasoning for this pick over Robinson is Peppers versatility. O'Briens mantra has always been "the more you can do". Well Peppers can help a lifeless return game, be utilized in the backfield with Lamar Miller and even be thrown into the slot WR spot on offense. They will address the RT spot somewhere in rounds 3-4.

With the Twenty-Fifth Pick of the NFL-Gaf Mock Draft...

Texans-Gaf Selects: said:
With the 25th pick the 2017 NFL Mock Draft the Houston Texans select:

Jabrill Peppers, Safety, University of Michigan

While the "popular" choice here for the talking heads is "QBQBQB!" that is not Rick Smith's M.O. in drafts. Majority of the time he goes defense in the first round and has NEVER drafted a QB before the 4th round in his tenure as GM. I still believe in the real draft they pass QB here but try to get back into the late first round and draft Kizer or Webb. They were never "all in" on Romo or he would have been there. Savage is O'Briens guy, spending 3 years learning the system, and will get a full off season working with the starters to show what he can do.

Peppers fills really the only "glaring" hole in the Texans secondary. A safety who can play in the box to help stop the run and can drop back from the LB position to cover tight ends out of the backfield. Mike Vrabel has been schooled on being the defensive coordinator by Romeo Crennel and will utilize Peppers blitzing ability. How do you stop Peppers when you are accounting for Watt, Clowney and Mercilus already?

the reasoning for this pick over Robinson is Peppers versatility. O'Briens mantra has always been "the more you can do". Well Peppers can help a lifeless return game, be utilized in the backfield with Lamar Miller and even be thrown into the slot WR spot on offense. They will address the RT spot somewhere in rounds 3-4.

1. Cleveland Browns - Flo,BG
Myles Garrett, DE - Texas A&M
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=233646159&postcount=4850

2. San Francisco 49ers - bigosc2k, Doomsayer, TheSkullPrince
Marshon Lattimore, CB of the Ohio State Buckeyes

3. Chicago Bears - NFL-Gaf
Solomon Thomas, DE - Stanford

4. Jacksonville Jaguars - NFL-Gaf
Leonard Fournette, RB - LSU

5. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams) - NFL-Gaf
Mike Williams, WR - Clemson

6. New York Jets - Fox
O.J. Howard, TE - Alabama

7. Los Angeles Chargers - NFL-Gaf
Malik Hooker, S -Ohio State

8. Carolina Panthers - Grover
Jonathan Allen, DL - Alabama

9. Cincinnati Bengals - NFL-Gaf
Reuben Foster, LB - Alabama

10. Buffalo Bills - NFL-Gaf
Jamal Adams, S - LSU

11. New Orleans Saints - dionysus
Derek Barnett, DE - Tennessee

12. Cleveland Browns (from Philadelphia Eagles) - Flo, BG
Mitchell Trubisky, QB - UNC

13. Arizona Cardinals - NFL-Gaf
Patrick Mahomes, QB - Texas Tech

14. Philadelphia Eagles (from Minnesota Vikings) - Hindl
Corey Davis, WR - Western Michigan

15. Indianapolis Colts - NFL-Gaf
Ryan Ramczyk, OT - Wisconsin

16. Baltimore Ravens - Blarry
Takkarist Mckinley, DE - UCLA

17. Washington Redskins - NFL-Gaf
Haason Reddick, LB - Temple

18. Tennessee Titans - NFL-Gaf
Gaereon Conley, CB - Ohio State

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx
Christian McCaffrey, RB - Stanford.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=233889842&postcount=5786

20. Denver Broncos - NFL-Gaf
Garett Bolles, T - Utah

21. Detroit Lions - Kastrioti
Taco Charlton, DE - Michigan

22. Miami Dolphins - Dolphins-Gaf (;_;)
Forrest Lamp, G - West Kentucky

23. New York Giants - BigAT, Futurevoid, Striker
David Njoku, TE - Miami

24. Oakland Raiders - Officerrob
Jarrad Davis, LB - Florida

25. Houston Texans - Dutch, Mech
Jabrill Peppers, S - University of Michigan

Giants-Gaf I need a write up from you guys

Seahawks are up! They have until 10pm pst

26. Seattle Seahawks - cdy
27. Kansas City Chiefs
28. Dallas Cowboys - cashman
29. Green Bay Packers - Elfforkusu - Slo
30. Pittsburgh Steelers - DeaconKnowledge
31. Atlanta Falcons
32. New Orleans Saints (from Patriots) - dionysus

Rules:

Teams without a team will be group pick, first choice to three votes or pick with most votes in two hours get auto-selected.

Remember the pick is who you think your team will pick not who you want (you hear that Mech??)

Write a quick write up on why your team will make that pick and how he fits your team.

cdyhybrid

The Seattle Seahawks select Washington CB Kevin King.

I could see the Hawks doing a wide variety of things with this pick in reality depending on how the draft goes, but OL and CB are their biggest needs.

With Deshawn Shead coming off a major injury and his playing status for this season in question (and the persistent rumours surrounding Richard Sherman's future in Seattle), the Seahawks go CB here for both the present (playing across from Sherman this season while Shead recovers) and the future (taking over the CB1 spot if Sherman gets traded after the season).

King has the prototypical size and speed the Hawks look for in a corner, tying or testing better than Sherman in every Combine drill and physical measurement except the bench press. He's battle tested, having played across from a CB (Sidney Jones) that many expected to be a high-first-round pick prior to his Achilles injury. Despite being the "easier" CB to go after in the pass-happy Pac-12, King allowed just one touchdown in his last 28 games in college.

On one hand, I must admit it's impressive he's the only one to survive this
TFHkaNY.jpg

On the other hand, law of averages says either he or BOB go in the aftermath of this season, and considering all the others have fallen, and he hasn't been the starter in all those years likely for a good reason, I'm thinking he's the next to fall. Can't survive everything.

With the Twenty-Sixth Pick of the NFL-Gaf Mock Draft...

Seahawks-Gaf Selects: said:
The Seattle Seahawks select Washington CB Kevin King.

I could see the Hawks doing a wide variety of things with this pick in reality depending on how the draft goes, but OL and CB are their biggest needs.

With Deshawn Shead coming off a major injury and his playing status for this season in question (and the persistent rumours surrounding Richard Sherman's future in Seattle), the Seahawks go CB here for both the present (playing across from Sherman this season while Shead recovers) and the future (taking over the CB1 spot if Sherman gets traded after the season).

King has the prototypical size and speed the Hawks look for in a corner, tying or testing better than Sherman in every Combine drill and physical measurement except the bench press. He's battle tested, having played across from a CB (Sidney Jones) that many expected to be a high-first-round pick prior to his Achilles injury. Despite being the "easier" CB to go after in the pass-happy Pac-12, King allowed just one touchdown in his last 28 games in college.

1. Cleveland Browns - Flo,BG
Myles Garrett, DE - Texas A&M
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=233646159&postcount=4850

2. San Francisco 49ers - bigosc2k, Doomsayer, TheSkullPrince
Marshon Lattimore, CB of the Ohio State Buckeyes

3. Chicago Bears - NFL-Gaf
Solomon Thomas, DE - Stanford

4. Jacksonville Jaguars - NFL-Gaf
Leonard Fournette, RB - LSU

5. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams) - NFL-Gaf
Mike Williams, WR - Clemson

6. New York Jets - Fox
O.J. Howard, TE - Alabama

7. Los Angeles Chargers - NFL-Gaf
Malik Hooker, S -Ohio State

8. Carolina Panthers - Grover
Jonathan Allen, DL - Alabama

9. Cincinnati Bengals - NFL-Gaf
Reuben Foster, LB - Alabama

10. Buffalo Bills - NFL-Gaf
Jamal Adams, S - LSU

11. New Orleans Saints - dionysus
Derek Barnett, DE - Tennessee

12. Cleveland Browns (from Philadelphia Eagles) - Flo, BG
Mitchell Trubisky, QB - UNC

13. Arizona Cardinals - NFL-Gaf
Patrick Mahomes, QB - Texas Tech

14. Philadelphia Eagles (from Minnesota Vikings) - Hindl
Corey Davis, WR - Western Michigan

15. Indianapolis Colts - NFL-Gaf
Ryan Ramczyk, OT - Wisconsin

16. Baltimore Ravens - Blarry
Takkarist Mckinley, DE - UCLA

17. Washington Redskins - NFL-Gaf
Haason Reddick, LB - Temple

18. Tennessee Titans - NFL-Gaf
Gaereon Conley, CB - Ohio State

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx
Christian McCaffrey, RB - Stanford.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=233889842&postcount=5786

20. Denver Broncos - NFL-Gaf
Garett Bolles, T - Utah

21. Detroit Lions - Kastrioti
Taco Charlton, DE - Michigan

22. Miami Dolphins - Dolphins-Gaf (;_;)
Forrest Lamp, G - West Kentucky

23. New York Giants - BigAT, Futurevoid, Striker
David Njoku, TE - Miami

24. Oakland Raiders - Officerrob
Jarrad Davis, LB - Florida

25. Houston Texans - Dutch, Mech
Jabrill Peppers, S - University of Michigan

26. Seattle Seahawks - cdy
Kevin King, CB - Washington

Giants-Gaf I need a write up from you guys

Cheifs are up! Group Pick, first to three wins

27. Kansas City Chiefs
28. Dallas Cowboys - cashman
29. Green Bay Packers - Elfforkusu - Slo
30. Pittsburgh Steelers - DeaconKnowledge
31. Atlanta Falcons
32. New Orleans Saints (from Patriots) - dionysus

Rules:

Teams without a team will be group pick, first choice to three votes or pick with most votes in two hours get auto-selected.

Remember the pick is who you think your team will pick not who you want (you hear that Mech??)

Write a quick write up on why your team will make that pick and how he fits your team.

Slo

You guys really have Deshaun Watson falling all the way to 27? There's no way that the Chefs don't take him if he's there. His arm is at least as strong as Alexa's.

MechDX

TFHkaNY.jpg

On the other hand, law of averages says either he or BOB go in the aftermath of this season, and considering all the others have fallen, and he hasn't been the starter in all those years likely for a good reason, I'm thinking he's the next to fall. Can't survive everything.

giphy.gif

he was always a project but a project with huge upside potential. Rookie year was rushed into play after 3 QB's went down and injured on a cheap shot from a Colts player. 2nd year placed on IR after getting slammed to the turf in the 4th preseason game. Still dont know why the placed him on IR as it was his left shoulder and he was healthy by week 4.

Story was last year he was going to permanently replace Osweiler in the Packers game but then had that freaky skin infection on his arm.

Now he is going to get his chance with an entire off season taking first team reps. At minimum we get to see what he has learned.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TFHkaNY.jpg

It's not that impressive when you notice he's the only one with the Drafted next to his name. That means cheap and team friendly contract.

giphy.gif

he was always a project but a project with huge upside potential. Rookie year was rushed into play after 3 QB's went down and injured on a cheap shot from a Colts player. 2nd year placed on IR after getting slammed to the turf in the 4th preseason game. Still dont know why the placed him on IR as it was his left shoulder and he was healthy by week 4.

Story was last year he was going to permanently replace Osweiler in the Packers game but then had that freaky skin infection on his arm.

Now he is going to get his chance with an entire off season taking first team reps. At minimum we get to see what he has learned.

I'm not saying he shouldn't start or anything, just that it taking so long for him to be put in that position makes me suspicious that there was a genuinely good reason for that.

And even if not, with the injury history (concussion this year, IR 2015-16) they could/should have done something in FA besides stick with just Weeden. Cutler and Kaep are right there, just to name two possible options. Not saying that instantly puts them in better shape in terms of contending, but that depth chart as is is going to look rough the second any big hits happen, and they will happen. I don't see any reason you don't make some move.

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/...alle-Berry-11071560.php?cmpid=twitter-desktop

Green Bay Packers tight end Martellus Bennett doesn't lack a sense of humor or perspective on how fortunate he is to catch passes from quality quarterbacks.

After winning a Super Bowl championship with New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady last season, Bennett joins Packers star quarterback Aaron Rodgers via a three-year, $21 million contract he signed in March.

"That's like leaving J. Lo and going to Halle Berry," Bennett said via a Facetime interview from Hawaii following him donating copies of his children's book to Alief School Libraries on Thursday. "We talk often. I'm excited about playing with him. We've known each other for a while. I'm excited about working with him and learning his quarterback language and showing him what type of player I am. I think I'm a lot better player than they think I am."

B.O.O.M

Kevin King is a great pick for the Hawks. But as mentioned dunno if he would be even around until the 26th

PS: Btw, is Budda Baker projected to go second round now?

Top Bottom