• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

With the Twenty-Seventh Pick of the NFL-Gaf Mock Draft...

NFL-Gaf Selects: said:
Kansas City Chiefs
Deshaun Watson, QB - Clemson

1. Cleveland Browns - Flo,BG
Myles Garrett, DE - Texas A&M
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=233646159&postcount=4850

2. San Francisco 49ers - bigosc2k, Doomsayer, TheSkullPrince
Marshon Lattimore, CB of the Ohio State Buckeyes

3. Chicago Bears - NFL-Gaf
Solomon Thomas, DE - Stanford

4. Jacksonville Jaguars - NFL-Gaf
Leonard Fournette, RB - LSU

5. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams) - NFL-Gaf
Mike Williams, WR - Clemson

6. New York Jets - Fox
O.J. Howard, TE - Alabama

7. Los Angeles Chargers - NFL-Gaf
Malik Hooker, S -Ohio State

8. Carolina Panthers - Grover
Jonathan Allen, DL - Alabama

9. Cincinnati Bengals - NFL-Gaf
Reuben Foster, LB - Alabama

10. Buffalo Bills - NFL-Gaf
Jamal Adams, S - LSU

11. New Orleans Saints - dionysus
Derek Barnett, DE - Tennessee

12. Cleveland Browns (from Philadelphia Eagles) - Flo, BG
Mitchell Trubisky, QB - UNC

13. Arizona Cardinals - NFL-Gaf
Patrick Mahomes, QB - Texas Tech

14. Philadelphia Eagles (from Minnesota Vikings) - Hindl
Corey Davis, WR - Western Michigan

15. Indianapolis Colts - NFL-Gaf
Ryan Ramczyk, OT - Wisconsin

16. Baltimore Ravens - Blarry
Takkarist Mckinley, DE - UCLA

17. Washington Redskins - NFL-Gaf
Haason Reddick, LB - Temple

18. Tennessee Titans - NFL-Gaf
Gaereon Conley, CB - Ohio State

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx
Christian McCaffrey, RB - Stanford.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=233889842&postcount=5786

20. Denver Broncos - NFL-Gaf
Garett Bolles, T - Utah

21. Detroit Lions - Kastrioti
Taco Charlton, DE - Michigan

22. Miami Dolphins - Dolphins-Gaf (;_;)
Forrest Lamp, G - West Kentucky

23. New York Giants - BigAT, Futurevoid, Striker
David Njoku, TE - Miami

24. Oakland Raiders - Officerrob
Jarrad Davis, LB - Florida

25. Houston Texans - Dutch, Mech
Jabrill Peppers, S - University of Michigan

26. Seattle Seahawks - cdy
Kevin King, CB - Washington

27. Kansas City Chiefs - NFL-Gaf
Deshaun Watson, QB - Clemson

Giants-Gaf I need a write up from you guys

Cowboys are up! They have the rest of the night to make a pick

28. Dallas Cowboys - cashman
29. Green Bay Packers - Elfforkusu - Slo
30. Pittsburgh Steelers - DeaconKnowledge
31. Atlanta Falcons
32. New Orleans Saints (from Patriots) - dionysus

Rules:

Teams without a team will be group pick, first choice to three votes or pick with most votes in two hours get auto-selected.

Remember the pick is who you think your team will pick not who you want (you hear that Mech??)

Write a quick write up on why your team will make that pick and how he fits your team.

That feel when your franchise drafts Deshaun Watson
Nqec36e.gif

So, not to interrupt the draft but I wanted to post for a moment on my general absence in the thread lately. To be quick about it - there's some life things happening that are keeping my attention away from here and other places.

More specifically, my wife received a really rather amazing job opportunity last month. Something that would provide for us a better lifestyle and the possibility of travel. The rub? The job opportunity is in Canada. So with her final acceptance of said job offer - we are looking to move forward with emigrating to the great north! There's a metric ton of paperwork involved, lots of lawyers and meetings, etc. So to say that its been busy is an understatement.

I've also been working with my company to secure a position with our local office right outside of Ottawa (which is our likely destination) and it appears likely that will happen.

My wife's job will not actually go live until mid-2018 so we're not in any major hurry. We're waiting for our passports so that we can take a trip up to Ottawa and see if its really what we want to do before putting too much money and effort into this but thus far we're feeling good. Excited, scared, worried...every emotion you can imagine. I've been an American for the close to 40 years of my life so its going to be a pretty amazing experience to NOT be one if all of this works out as planned.

So with that, it does pain me to say that my involvement in the thread is likely to stay about the same moving forward. I may be more active during game days and I'll surely be around from time to time but this is the first year of my life where football has really fallen off of my radar in a major way.

Anyone, enough boring you all with the details. May the draft continue on.....

So, not to interrupt the draft but I wanted to post for a moment on my general absence in the thread lately. To be quick about it - there's some life things happening that are keeping my attention away from here and other places.

More specifically, my wife received a really rather amazing job opportunity last month. Something that would provide for us a better lifestyle and the possibility of travel. The rub? The job opportunity is in Canada. So with her final acceptance of said job offer - we are looking to move forward with emigrating to the great north! There's a metric ton of paperwork involved, lots of lawyers and meetings, etc. So to say that its been busy is an understatement.

I've also been working with my company to secure a position with our local office right outside of Ottawa (which is our likely destination) and it appears likely that will happen.

My wife's job will not actually go live until mid-2018 so we're not in any major hurry. We're waiting for our passports so that we can take a trip up to Ottawa and see if its really what we want to do before putting too much money and effort into this but thus far we're feeling good. Excited, scared, worried...every emotion you can imagine. I've been an American for the close to 40 years of my life so its going to be a pretty amazing experience to NOT be one if all of this works out as planned.

So with that, it does pain me to say that my involvement in the thread is likely to stay about the same moving forward. I may be more active during game days and I'll surely be around from time to time but this is the first year of my life where football has really fallen off of my radar in a major way.

Good luck with everything! That's a great opportunity and I hope all goes well

MechDX

Say hi to Kave and send Greg some milk in a bag. Seriously, good luck man!

MechDX

Ian Wharton‏Verified account
@NFLFilmStudy

It's strange to me the Texans moved that 2nd round pick to get Osweiler off their cap but then have done nothing with that new cap space.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still expecting them to pick up either Cutler or Romo in training camp, but they really sat on their hands.

Jeff Risdon‏Verified account @JeffRisdon 2h2 hours ago
More
They went from being near the bottom in cap room to now they're like 6th in available. Last year FA class was so brutal, scared them?

Ian Wharton‏Verified account @NFLFilmStudy 2h2 hours ago
More
Don't know, but they're on pace for $81 mil in space plus rollover next year. You can't use that much money. Should've spent more or kept BO

Jeff Risdon‏Verified account @JeffRisdon 2h2 hours ago
More
He had to go but not spending it, not even a dime, is hard to swallow with all the holes. They're so close but have fallen off pace

My god! 81 million in cap space next year. he has the same question Texan fans have: why make all the room and not use it?

Tom Penny

Good luck. Better off taking the opportunity. It appears both of you have would have no problem getting jobs if shit doesn't work out...you can easily do the same shit. Look at the potential upside.

cdyhybrid

Congrats on escaping Trump

That's awesome, always nice to see good news around here. Good luck to you and the wife!

Hindl

Congrats and good luck!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Good luck man! Sounds like a great opportunity.

A lot of the long time posters have dialed back their activity and it's kinda sad :(

bionic77

Damn jelly.

You get Trudea and we get stuck with Trump and the Pats.

Let us know what freedom tastes like once you get to Canada. And don't forget the ones you left behind.

Congratulations breh!. Nice to see that a person's scarcity is because of good news for a change..

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Tom Savage has just as many wins in the 2017 season as any other QB. Getting it done.

BoB has ultimate faith in him.

BigAT

Yeah, yeah, but where are you in Zelda?

Beach

Yea, especially after watching Manchester by the Sea, that Todd Heap news is devastating. Thoughts are with his family.

Slo

Congrats to both of you!

Top Bottom