• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Duxxy3

40b47f1a7ca7a146600faf7f0de9ffaa.jpg

943EsFg.gif

Hindl

Chris Berman's wife passed away as a result of a car crash yesterday.

RIP :(

Man that's horrible

Is Kellyane Conway sick? She always looks terrible.

I think the campaign literally took years off her life. She had to spend over a year defending Trump's increasingly indefensible shit. You could tell a month into the administration there were interviews were it looked like she hadn't slept in days. She went away for a while but maybe some permanent damage had been done

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
ez, jak, snes, bucket (wasn't that a self ban?)...some others.

cajun
squicken doesn't post as much
FMT doesn't post as much
chan
gata doesn't post quite as much
Line_JNA doesn't hardly ever post
Rorschach used to post over 1000 per thread way back when

So it's partially bans and partially people stepping away from the thread

cajun, chan, konka

Forgot about konka! The one guy I ever put on ignore for like 30 minutes due to spamming the thread with huge ass pictures of a random pub in Ireland

Squicken always steps away during the offseason. He's old and needs to charge up for next season! Plus if he wants to be disappointed he can just watch his Arsebros.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Squicken always steps away during the offseason. He's old and needs to charge up for next season! Plus if he wants to be disappointed he can just watch his Arsebros.

I googled old off-season threads and he was the #1 poster in a few!

I think he's just had his heart broken by all his teams one too many times.

BigAT

No OU players have committed any crimes (lately) so Squicken has no reason to be here defending them.

gutshot

He has stated on twitter that he's gotten tired of all the non-football talk that becomes prevalent during the offseason threads.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Well fmt posting less is because of him spending time with his little girl.

m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1264527

🤔🤔

The Madden thread is where a lot of the former frequent posters still post regularly

He has stated on twitter that he's gotten tired of all the non-football talk that becomes prevalent during the offseason threads.

Part of the problem to me is that there's not a lot of compelling storylines in the NFL right now.

Nobody wants to debate about the GOAT quarterback because Pats fans. Hell the Patriot domination of the NFL is probably the most compelling ongoing story and it just devolves into discussions about cheating.

Kaepernick being unemployed still is controversial but we've kinda beaten that to death

Concussions? Eh

Decline in ratings? The election supposedly caused it

I'm just struggling to think of good controversial football discussion right now.

Hindl

This is really the deadzone of football talk till late July at the earliest. Plus, the 2017 year seems pointless because of the Pats. They dominated pretty much everyone last year and Brady isn't aging and they literally just got better than the SB team this offseason. A lot of teams had a really good draft this year so maybe things will be different but there's nothing to talk about. All of the rookies have been talked to death already in the pre-draft hype too. We could do a draft review for each team but without the rookies even being in pads that seems pointless

Worst part of the offseason is the lack of squicken. I heard on the radio today that best Harbs is on the hot seat big time in Baltimore. Only one winning season since 2012. If the Ravens fire him the Eagles would fire doug and hire him in a second.

WedgeX

Banned
This is really the deadzone of football talk till late July at the earliest. Plus, the 2017 year seems pointless because of the Pats. They dominated pretty much everyone last year and Brady isn't aging and they literally just got better than the SB team this offseason. A lot of teams had a really good draft this year so maybe things will be different but there's nothing to talk about. All of the rookies have been talked to death already in the pre-draft hype too. We could do a draft review for each team but without the rookies even being in pads that seems pointless

I did mine!

But nobody said nuffin.

Top Bottom