• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Any chance of Indy taking the AFC South? They've been making a lot of moves in the off season and new staff.

No is the simple answer right now. AFC South is a complete clusterfuck of a division so anyone could win it, but both Jags and Colts are too broken and in the middle of repairing themselves to contend (Jags have a dead man walking QB, and Indy has broken Luck due their shit OL). Texans have no real QB, but even with Asswheiler they were able to win the division last year so logically they should be better this year with whoever is in the position of QB. Titans are probably the most complete team in the AFC South, but they can't seem to win as much as they should when it comes to versing AFC South teams. Indy could pull it off yes, but things are strongly stacked against them. Chances right now Tex:50%, Ten:48%, Indy:1.5%,Jags:0.5%.

bionic77

I was at the Apple Store to get my wife's iPhone battery replaced and I was fucking around with the laptops while I waited.

Very tempted to get the 13" MBP in space grey to replace my MBA. Though my computer definitely does not need to be upgraded. It still works perfectly and I can still get close to 7 hours of battery on it despite it being 5 years old. The only real advantage would be the higher res screen (Airs resolution sucks).

Going to read up on benchmarks and reviews...

I was at the Apple Store to get my wife's iPhone battery replaced and I was fucking around with the laptops while I waited.

Very tempted to get the 13" MBP in space grey to replace my MBA. Though my computer definitely does not need to be upgraded. It still works perfectly and I can still get close to 7 hours of battery on it despite it being 5 years old. The only real advantage would be the higher res screen (Airs resolution sucks).

i'm in the same boat. My 2012 MBA is starting to show it's age and everytime I go to the Apple store those temptations start to hit me like if I were Tiger Woods at a Perkins.

RBH

I have the 2012 13" MBA and absolutely love it. Still holds up quite well today.

I would do unspeakable things in order to have Apple release an updated version of the MBA with the higher res screen, but doesn't look like that will ever happen. :(

I have the 2012 13" MBA and absolutely love it. Still holds up quite well today.

I would do unspeakable things in order to have Apple release an updated version of the MBA with the higher res screen, but doesn't look like that will ever happen. :(

yeah my Air is one of my all time favorite things ever. Shame Apple seems to be treating the branding like a red headed step child. The new MBs are pretty swank too, especially in space grey. Dont' really need a Pro.

bionic77

The new Pro and regular MacBook had pretty much the exact same dimensions and weight as the Air. The real benefit is they look even nicer and have high res swank ass screens. The only thing the Airs are missing is Retina. The only reason to get the Air in 2017 is they are slightly cheaper and not enough to live with they BGesque screen.

I really don't need it at all but I am about that Retina lifestyle. My iMac is 5k and it makes my Air look like the type of computer that is made in Ohio.

RBH

yeah my Air is one of my all time favorite things ever. Shame Apple seems to be treating the branding like a red headed step child. The new MBs are pretty swank too, especially in space grey. Dont' really need a Pro.

The new Pro and regular MacBook had pretty much the exact same dimensions and weight as the Air. The real benefit is they look even nicer and have high res swank ass screens. The only thing the Airs are missing is Retina. The only reason to get the Air in 2017 is they are slightly cheaper and not enough to live with they BGesque screen.

I really don't need it at all but I am about that Retina lifestyle. My iMac is 5k and it makes my Air look like the type of computer that is made in Ohio.

Does the regular MacBook still have that crappy keyboard though or did they fix it? I remember going to the Apple Store when the MacBook first came out to try it out and hating the feel of the keyboard. Just felt like there was zero tactile feedback to it compared to a regular keyboard.

bionic77

Does the regular MacBook still have that crappy keyboard though or did they fix it? I remember going to the Apple Store when the MacBook first came out to try it out and hating the feel of the keyboard.
It's been updated but I don't know how different it is from the first gen.

324889014_0d36e5fb.gif

Has anyone seen Yankeehater?

I need the inside scoop on that Scorpio price...

Day 0, preordering as soon as it goes up no matter the cost. I'm a new hardware whore :(
I will say $399. I think they lowering the price of the S today is a sign Scorpio will be lower then expected. Either way I will be getting 2 Scorpios for sure.

XBone was $500 at launch. Scorpio will be $500 minimum. More likely 6 Bills.
Nah, it was 500 at launch because of Kinect. Otherwise that shit would've launched at 399 and had a price drop to 350 pretty quick after.

There's really no reason to believe Scorpio will launch higher than 400. It's not like they're moving on from Jaguar to an i5 or something. It's just 4 years of hardware improvements and getting rid of the ESRam bottleneck.

I could see 450 but then Sony's gunna kill them on the first ps4pro price drop. MS has to make up a lot of ground this gen and they know it.

Striker

The Madden Longshot stuff sounds... weird. There's no gameplay for it? I know it won't be like 2K's MyCareer which is fine since you are a specific character and has its own unique story. 2K does this and you end up with the garbage they did with Spike Lee.

I can't see how they will they know it's their ringer
Halo is their main FPS and it's

RBH

343's mishandling of Halo MCC is still one of the biggest video game disappointments for me in a long long time.

The Madden Longshot stuff sounds... weird. There's no gameplay for it? I know it won't be like 2K's MyCareer which is fine since you are a specific character and has its own unique story. 2K does this and you end up with the garbage they did with Spike Lee.

Halo is their main FPS and it's
Now do this same chart for Sony. I would love to see where blood borne would rank.

Striker

Now do this same chart for Sony. I would love to see where blood borne would rank.
Halo has been their top draw since 2001 and has dropped like a tank since Bungie left them.

I say all this as a big Halo fan, or well used to be. I can completely understand why it's fallen so hard and it's primarily MS undoing.

bionic77

When is MS' conference?

I feel like that is the most important conference this year. MS has to make their case for Scorpio and try to reset the gen in NA.

Also why are you all debating price? Yankee just told it to us!

That Keighly thread gonna be full of people going "he's lying so MS can blow us away with $399 at the conference right right?" level of delusion.

I mean, I'll buy it because I have money and am stupid but mass market wise, $499 is going to be a very hard sell in 2017. That pretty much confirms that it will only be a niche enthusiast product...

JABEE

Deacon was right and Yankee was wrong!

$499!

I don't know what to believe anymore...

Yankee needs to learn the first rule of PR. Leak out the higher price only to undercut it at the giant corporate pep rally.

EDIT: Grover may be right! Everyone is playing the long con. Who will be the PR mole?

I really thought after listening to Phil this morning on majors podcast that they got the price down. I guess they figure they are offering more then the pro so they can come in higher. Gonna be tough saving up for 2 of them.

Top Bottom