• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

JABEE

If Scorpio is going to be that much better than Xbox One, I still don't know how they continue the closed console structure.

Even PS4 Pro is selling 1-in-5 for every new console sold. This isn't even counting the install base already in place. How are they going to sell developers on giving a shit about developing better versions of games for potentially 1-in-10 consoles sold on a much smaller pool of players over on Xbox?

Watching the EA press conference yesterday, they made it seem like I would be stupid to buy the old version of Madden compared to Scorpio. MS might as well be starting from scratch.

bionic77

I really thought after listening to Phil this morning on majors podcast that they got the price down. I guess they figure they are offering more then the pro so they can come in higher. Gonna be tough saving up for 2 of them.
Maybe it is all a PR ploy to hype up the few thousand people who are paying attention to this stuff.

Slo

Hold on, we're complaining about high end electronics costing $500 in 2017? Can you even get a last-generation smartphone for that price?

JABEE

The Switch should have been $499.

They can't keep that machine on the shelf.

Nintendo is giving away paradise for less than a HomePod.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Y'all debating over $500 bucks. Shit is literally gonna be 1000 bucks in Canadian money.

Cheap ass vacation or a Scorpio...I know which one I'm choosing.

bigosc2k

Banned
Y'all debating over $500 bucks. Shit is literally gonna be 1000 bucks in Canadian money.

Cheap ass vacation to see your browns play, I like your style kave.

*moves up kave on browns power ranking, shares #1 spot with Gobias*

bionic77

BG can't even afford clean underwear.

And here you are complaining that you have to choose between a 4K console or a vacation.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Like the Switch the Scorpio is a premium system for a premium price. Unlike the Switch though it is for lonely shut ins who only have the money to pay for it because they are eternally single and live rent free in their childhood basement.

tmdorsey

Can't you play most if not all Xbox exclusives on PC? Why wouldn't you just take the $500 bucks or whatever and put that into upgrading a PC? Ah well.

Hindl

MS remains the most interesting conference to me. I highly doubt I'll play any of their games, but I know what to expect from Nintendo, and Sony they've announced so many games that I think they'll just show off a lot of them. MS has to come out swinging to sell the Scorpio,especially at $499
Can't you play most if not all Xbox exclusives on PC? Why wouldn't you just take the $500 bucks or whatever and put that into upgrading a PC? Ah well.

Yes now you can. Only exceptions seem to be Halo and any 3rd party exclusives technically don't have to do it. Some people don't want to deal with a PC though and they already have a laptop

Fox318

Found a pic of gata

60r1rnqrdxix.jpg

Waaaay more. Believe me, I wish the Pro could play UHD discs, but it wasn't $500 dollars either.

I can't wrap my head around using a console as my main UHD player in my HT. Fuck that loud shit. I bought the Oppo player which got its DV firmware release and the XB1S is merely a backup for that. I seriously couldn't care less about a UHD player on either of thee two consoles when it comes to value proposition. If Microsoft were to announce a lack of UHD drive in Scorpio it would get a shrug out of me at best.

As to the price, $499 would be fine for the thing for me if it wasn't for two stipulations:

1. I couldn't play Microsofts anemic first party output on PC via play anywhere already. Crackdown is about the only thing I give a shit about from them at this point.
2. If this was an actual reset/new generation for Microsoft. Maybe I'm alone but I WANT the thing to have exclusive titles that takes advantage of all of that power. The Pro was billed as a mid-cycle refresh and that's exactly what we got for $100 premium. $499 to play Xbox One level games at 4K? See point 1.

That having been said, I'll own one eventually when it sees it's first price drop. For $399 the "oooo new toy!" thing would have kicked in for me pretty soon regardless of practicality ala the Switch (thoigh I've been playing the shit out of Mario Kart and Zelda and it was an easy $299 impulse buy).

BigAT

Bead and his Pats buddies. Smh

E:Yo, how was Belmont? Vegas Sports Book was madness

It was a lot of fun. People there were fucking SLOPPY though, it was hilarious. Saw girls in sundresses puking and guys in blazers passed out on park benches at like 2:30 in the afternoon.

I whiffed on every bet I made on the actual Stakes race, but I did pretty well on all the early races so I still walked out up a little.

It was a lot of fun. People there were fucking SLOPPY though, it was hilarious. Saw girls in sundresses puking and guys in blazers passed out on park benches at like 2:30 in the afternoon.

I whiffed on every bet I made on the actual Stakes race, but I did pretty well on all the early races so I still walked out up a little.
I hit the exacta on the big race. But i went big on the 2nd place horse. I put it win/ place so i still little profit on the horse. We were drinking from 8am on. I thought i saw either Ninja or DM there. There was a Bucs fan passed out in the sports book holding his Michelob beer

My 'new toy' is going to be a router from my ISP. I gotta move my whole office down to the basement (which will include electrical and drywall work), paint, and wire a router solution that doesn't go into the baby's nursery in just over 5 months.

bionic77

What should I get next. Shantae or Shovel Knight?

Played Shovel Knight on PS4 so leaning towards Shantae which looks pretty amazing.

Top Bottom