• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Hindl

The good part of this part of the offseason is that summer has so much shit going on constantly that I don't even realize there's nothing happening in football.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I sign up for nfl gamepass just so I can watch all of the Steelers preseason games.

Repeatedly.

Send help.

brentech

That one guy on the beach almost zig zagged his way to freedom!

Yeah, I should have changed to my other gun. The one I was using had an 8x scope on it, and that was far too much zoom for all that zigging and zagging. My secondary had a 2x on it and would have been 1000 times more manageable.

smh page two in the middle of the day
yotJeTE.gif

Man this disparity is crazy:

These numbers,

courtesy of Pro Football Focus, illustrate how the lack of talent at wide receiver — especially on the outside — hurt Wentz’s performance. Wentz posted a 97.3 quarterback rating targeting Jordan Matthews and Zach Ertz, which would have been good for 7th best in the NFL. But his rate plummeted by 30 points — to 67.1 — when he targeted Nelson Agholor or Dorial Green-Beckham

http://igglesblitz.com/2017/07/evaluating-importance-consistency/#more-5945

Mindlog

Important to keep your old minds focused in the off-season.
Tips For Calling Bingo And Bingo Number Rhymes
Bingo is the original rooftop game for the silvers. This old is still impressed by just how much of everything is actually on the internet. Learn whatever the hell you want.

Now the extremely sad news that make me reflect on my fandom.
Family of former NFL player accused of murdering his mother says football is to blame.
A former NFL player is in a Los Angeles jail, accused of murdering his mother. Family members say De’von Hall has been mentally ill for years, and they point to the damage he suffered during his football career.

A native of Los Angeles who played college ball at Utah State, the 29-year-old Hall had a short NFL career as a defensive back. He signed with the Vikings as an undrafted free agent in 2009, then played four games for the Colts before spending much of the 2010 offseason with the Buccaneers. Hall also had a brief stint with the Panthers in 2011, as well as with a pair of CFL teams.

However, Hall’s professional football career was marked by increasingly erratic behavior, and he descended into homelessness in the following years. His mother, Alecia Benson, eventually took him back into her home, but a witness told police that he “stomped her out” there in April.

In a lengthy feature published Thursday by the Los Angeles Times, a Utah State coach said of Hall’s mother, “She was his rock.” The story claims that some family members “don’t think Hall understands his mother is dead.”

Regarding Hall’s transformation from a well-meaning youngster to what he became as an adult, “It was like a switch that had gone off,” a cousin of Hall’s, Angela Benson-Williams, told CBS Los Angeles in May. “I didn’t recognize my cousin anymore.”
Former Utah State coaches and teammates told the Times that they didn’t recall Hall getting concussed, but one teammate noted that, with head injuries, “a lot of things go under the table.” Another possibility considered by some former teammates was that Hall had become addicted to drugs after smoking marijuana laced with a stronger substance at a party he attended in Miami while with the Bucs.
An investigation obviously still has to take place, but the fact that it's plausible is enough to give pause.

Milchjon

giphy.gif

That's my Mutti :*)

Also, my city is burning. Thanks Trump, thanks "protesters". So much to be legit pissed about, and you just have to fuck it up.

Top Bottom