• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Hindl

Wow mech just straight up stealing my posts now. Sad and/or sick guy.

Anyway here's a 5 round mock, Mech will be happy with the Texans first pick.

I like Kamara in the 2nd, but I'd want Foster over everyone else if he was still available. He's not falling to 24

Joe Thomas‏ @joethomas73
Why is Apple autocorrecting Godell to Fidel right now??
There's going to be like five QB's going in the first 45ish picks.

Hold stern, Jerry!
Yeah I think so too.

A lot of old qbs right now.
Brees, Ben, Palmer, etc. these teams gotta be looking at replacements soon

bionic77

High def video is new to you I suppose
Your reaction made me think it was going to be the best thing ever (i.e. Zelda).

It was instead a cute teaser trailer with zero in game footage.

Don't sweat it Mech. Not everyone has great taste. We JCBs are the exception.

bionic77

I mean yeah, Nioh is bad, pub is bad, Heron Zero Dawn is bad. Gaming is nothing without the wii u.
Nioh actually looks cool.

While it's presentation is not as good as Horizon, I just don't give a fuck about that stuff anymore. That's not why I play games. It was novel in the 90s but it doesn't hold my attention anymore (cutscenes focused gaming where you walk from one story box to the best).

Nioh's gameplay looked interesting to me.

I think I might have gotten persona but someone said it was a high school story and I ain't about that anymore.

Hunter S.

Nioh actually looks cool.

While it's presentation is not as good as Horizon, I just don't give a fuck about that stuff anymore. That's not why I play games. It was novel in the 90s but it doesn't hold my attention anymore (cutscenes focused gaming where you walk from one story box to the best).

Nioh's gameplay looked interesting to me.

I think I might have gotten persona but someone said it was a high school story and I ain't about that anymore.
To me every late winter and early spring has the best games. Those games that are not your every year cod, battlefront, and ass creed. The time of fresh and new like a beautiful budding flower.

MechDX

Who has time for 100 hour games? I mean I guess if I was cool with playing the same game for a year.
If I was a kid I'd be thrilled. Games were few and far between.

Did a Destiny game tracker online and i have put 780 hours into the game.

Anyone else pumped the see the Brock Osweiler experience in the Cleve? BG and Gobias deserve this

bionic77

Who has time for 100 hour games? I mean I guess if I was cool with playing the same game for a year.
If I was a kid I'd be thrilled. Games were few and far between.
Play better games.

I don't have any time and I am 70 hours into Zelda in like 2+ weeks.

If the game is good enough you will find time to play.

If it's fuck around and walk to story boxes for an average ass story of an average ass game you are going to get bored 10 hours in and come here to read posts from the JCBs.

I only bought a NES Classic just to have it.

Don't like a lot of the Switch case/bag options so I bought one of the WaterField ones, should get here within a couple of weeks.

Looks like I'll be getting back into Destiny, Cayde-6 is the best thing about it.

I bought The Steelebook version of Persona 5, those high ass review score made me do it!

Jesus H Christ I have problems

Anyone else pumped the see the Brock Osweiler experience in the Cleve? BG and Gobias deserve this

I am almost 30 hours into Mass Effect and I have only played 20 minutes of the sp. The mp is just to fucking perfect.

Tom Penny

I played so much counter strike I quit when I saw the time played.. It was absurd.

bionic77

I played so much counter strike I quit when I saw the time played.. It was absurd.
That game came out in like 2000.

Its cool that people still play the shit out of it.

I am trying to think of multiplayer games and if there is anything else as influential and popular as Street Fight 2 and CS? I feel like stuff like Call of Duty had the popularity but definitely not the staying power. Mario Kart was probably never that popular. I guess you could include Madden, FIFA and 2k but for some reason I don't want to!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Goldeneye and Halo did a lot. COD had over a decade of domination.

Mario Kart Wii is one of the best selling games of all time Bionic.

Also can't forget Pokémon.

Gobias

Banned

I met with my boy Urban Meyer today and he promised me no more Buckeyes will ever join the Texans.

bionic77

Goldeneye and Halo did a lot. COD had over a decade of domination.

Mario Kart Wii is one of the best selling games of all time Bionic.

Also can't forget Pokémon.
I feel like if a game can't be relevant after 20 years it is not a true all time classic. But that is just me.

No one wants to go back and play COD. Those games want the newest and brightest toy. I would agree that it is a classic game and one of the most successful of all time, but not an all time classic.

You could release Street Fighter 2 on any system and it would get a loyal following because it was pretty much a perfect game. As much as I love Mario Kart on the SNES I can't say the same about that game. I still like it but it is hard to go back and play it after the advancements the series has made. I think the same is true of CS. That game is just timeless. You can't say that about a lot of games.

I can't speak to Pokemon, but MarioKart Wii is probably in the COD tier (though honestly I was not a huge fan of either game). Huge sales though definitely less influential than COD.

Hindl

Smash Bros Melee is in a weird spot, because Smash fans are the only ones that care about it and it hasn't really influenced any other games, but it's still being played at tournaments and is often one of the biggest draws 16 years later

And on a sidenote, I wish Nintendo would eventually do a Kingdom Hearts style game with their franchises

jmdajr

Play better games.

I don't have any time and I am 70 hours into Zelda in like 2+ weeks.

If the game is good enough you will find time to play.

If it's fuck around and walk to story boxes for an average ass story of an average ass game you are going to get bored 10 hours in and come here to read posts from the JCBs.

If I gave up sleep I would have time. I can't function that way though. Just me personally.

I am slowly transitioning from no games, to two players though. But my kid isn't a videogame nerd and prefers to do other stuff with me. Like real world stuff.

Tom Penny

That game came out in like 2000.

Its cool that people still play the shit out of it.

I am trying to think of multiplayer games and if there is anything else as influential and popular as Street Fight 2 and CS? I feel like stuff like Call of Duty had the popularity but definitely not the staying power. Mario Kart was probably never that popular. I guess you could include Madden, FIFA and 2k but for some reason I don't want to!

I played Source not the old one which is supposedly the standard although I've played it. I had a roommate that was top 10 in the World at one of the Battlefields lol. He used to work construction and when he got laid off he'd just play non stop. Sit in a tank as a mechanic kill everything and repair his tank. He'd have total rage fits if the internet went down.

I feel like if a game can't be relevant after 20 years it is not a true all time classic. But that is just me.

No one wants to go back and play COD. Those games want the newest and brightest toy. I would agree that it is a classic game and one of the most successful of all time, but not an all time classic.

You could release Street Fighter 2 on any system and it would get a loyal following because it was pretty much a perfect game. As much as I love Mario Kart on the SNES I can't say the same about that game. I still like it but it is hard to go back and play it after the advancements the series has made. I think the same is true of CS. That game is just timeless. You can't say that about a lot of games.

I can't speak to Pokemon, but MarioKart Wii is probably in the COD tier (though honestly I was not a huge fan of either game). Huge sales though definitely less influential than COD.

A huge selling point for the last CoD games was that it included Modern Warfare 1 with it. People absolutely want to go back and play great shooters like that.

If I gave up sleep I would have time. I can't function that way though. Just me personally.

It has taken me years but I have gotten myself to the point that I can function on 5 or 6 hours a night now.

jmdajr

Alarm wakes me up every single day. So I'm pretty much never ready to go. And I give myself time to sleep, I am just well terrible at it. Brock levels at sleeping.

Hindl

CoD2 still holds up really well. Bionic is just being an old.

Yeah but people aren't really playing CoD 2 today. They've moved on to the newer games in the franchise, whereas Street Fighter 2 still gets played a lot, even though there have been multiple games after it

bionic77

A huge selling point for the last CoD games was that it included Modern Warfare 1 with it. People absolutely want to go back and play great shooters like that.

It has taken me years but I have gotten myself to the point that I can function on 5 or 6 hours a night now.
I don't think you can say initially whether a game is all time classic IMO because an all time classic stands the test of time. The game could still be one of the best of all time, or a classic ass badass game. But the way I am defining an all time classic it should also be timeless. Something close to a perfect video game.

If people still want to play COD in 10 years I will agree that it is an all timer like CS, but very very very few games are like that. I don't think so though because people have already improved and evolved the COD formula to another level.

I am slowly transitioning from no games, to two players though. But my kid isn't a videogame nerd and prefers to do other stuff with me. Like real world stuff.
:lol

You don't have to tel me about kids and no time. I invented that!

But damn Zelda is legit better than sleep. I normally work most nights but I said fuuuuuuuuck that for Zelda. Its even better than money...

Be interesting to see how long this fever lasts. I am already slowing down the amount of time I put into it (good thing because I don't want to get divorced or fired). But it ain't hyperbole. Its the real deal this time.

From Ian Rappaport: "One tidbit on #Cowboys QB Tony Romo: CBS is eyeing him as a potential replacement for Phil Simms in the booth. A big-time opportunity looms."

The hero we don't deserve

jmdajr

My friend bought a Switch spontaneously, so I will know about Zelda soon.

Also, kinda random. But I definitely don't want my kids to grow up like dorks like me. Video games are good for leisure time but can't be doing that shit all day. I rather have them in sports, playing outside, doing art and crafts, something.

To be honest the video game playing with my kids is for me. Because I need the break! They(she really) likes it enough that we have a good time, but it's definitely not the first thing on her list.

Same shit when I say. Hey let's watch Dragonball instead! So, I'm causing enough damage as it is. But that will be the extent of my animu poisoning.

BigAT

I have that on the arcade.

The kids adore it (though they are horrible at it).

SNES game was actually a decent port of it.

Shredder is bullshit though.

I think I actually prefer the SNES version of Turtles in Time. The music is better at least and the game plays fantastic.

Top Bottom