• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

LJ11

I never understood running for sport.

I can run all day playing basketball, tennis, etc.

But I get bored out of my mind if it is just a run without a ball or some other sport attached.

Must just be me because most of my friends run half marathons and do that kind of shit with their wives and friends. Yet I love riding a bike (also better because you get the cardio without high impact).

I've been lazy as shit the last year and a half, but I love biking. Would do at least one 25+ mile ride around the city a week during the spring/summer, weather permitting of course. Honestly, I want a new bike, will pick one up over the next couple of weeks and get back into it, great stress reliever for me. Best ride I did was Astoria Queens to Coney Island, man I loved that trip. Completely cut out bike riding over the last year, not good.

I didn't like running either but I picked it up for a few months and loved it. It can be boring if you run on a track, I'm not running on a fucking track, I'm running through neighborhoods. It was me against the road, how soon will I give up type feeling that really kept me into it, felt like a battle so I kept pushing to see how far I could take it.

Now I don't run or bike, has to change. Luckily I'm pretty thin, but I want to stay active.

bionic77

I've been lazy as shit the last year and a half, but I love biking. Would do at least one 25+ mile ride around the city a week during the spring/summer, weather permitting of course. Honestly, I want a new bike, will pick one up over the next couple of weeks and get back into it, great stress reliever for me. Best ride I did was Astoria Queens to Coney Island, man I loved that trip. Completely cut out bike riding over the last year, not good.

I didn't like running either but I picked it up for a few months and loved it. It can be boring if you run on a track, I'm not running on a fucking track, I'm running through neighborhoods. It was me against the road, how soon will I give up type feeling that really kept me into it, felt like a battle so I kept pushing to see how far I could take it.

Now I don't run or bike, has to change. Luckily I'm pretty thin, but I want to stay active.
I never ran in NYC but I loved walking there. Best place I have ever been for walking around.

I would often rather walk from midtown to downtown instead of taking the schools bus. It took the same amount of time and I just had fun walking around the city.

Is not the same in other cities.

Beach

I never understood running for sport.

I can run all day playing basketball, tennis, etc.

But I get bored out of my mind if it is just a run without a ball or some other sport attached.

Must just be me because most of my friends run half marathons and do that kind of shit with their wives and friends. Yet I love riding a bike (also better because you get the cardio without high impact).
I've ran two marathons (LA Marathon) twice in the past 14 months and honestly it's just the experience and sense of accomplishment. There is nothing like the high of the first 15 miles where bands are playing/everyone is cheering you on. As far as the training goes, taking an hour out of the day when your sitting in front of a cubicle all day to train is pretty satisfying.
Worst comes to worst you're listening to a podcast/new album while improving your fitness. And runners in general are the nicest people and the girls are generally hotter too.

BigAT

Did you know you're allowed to buy a "26.2" bumper sticker and put it on your car without even running a marathon?

They didn't even check when I bought it! Fucking chumps.

LJ11

I never ran in NYC but I loved walking there. Best place I have ever been for walking around.

I would often rather walk from midtown to downtown instead of taking the schools bus. It took the same amount of time and I just had fun walking around the city.

Is not the same in other cities.

I agree with you, I walk everywhere. Don't drive at all, don't even have a license at this point, lol. Love walking around Manhattan. I once walked from the World Trade Center to my parents house in Astoria. MTA workers were on strike and I had to be in the office. It was half day, Christmas eve I believe, and I called out the previous day, boss wanted me in, nothing I could do about it. Boss wanted to take the day off, which meant I had to fill the void. Walked over the 59th street bridge, went to 34th street, and took NJ transit to WTC, some shit like that, to get into work.

When I got out I didn't feel like doing the NJ to NYC thing. It was a mild day, had to pick up some stuff for Christmas, so I walked to midtown. Finished the chores, still day out and it was nice, said fuck it and started walking. Didn't stop until I walked all the way home. It's fun walking around the city, I love walking.

bionic77

I've ran two marathons (LA Marathon) twice in the past 14 months and honestly it's just the experience and sense of accomplishment. There is nothing like the high of the first 15 miles where bands are playing/everyone is cheering you on. As far as the training goes, taking an hour out of the day when your sitting in front of a cubicle all day to train is pretty satisfying.
Worst comes to worst you're listening to a podcast/new album while improving your fitness. And runners in general are the nicest people and the girls are generally hotter too.
For real tennis girls are amazing.

Greg

I agree with you, I walk everywhere. Don't drive at all, don't even have a license at this point, lol. Love walking around Manhattan. I once walked from the World Trade Center to my parents house in Astoria. MTA workers were on strike and I had to be in the office. It was half day, Christmas eve I believe, and I called out the previous day, boss wanted me in, nothing I could do about it. Boss wanted to take the day off, which meant I had to fill the void. Walked over the 59th street bridge, went to 34th street, and took NJ transit to WTC, some shit like that, to get into work.

When I got out I didn't feel like doing the NJ to NYC thing. It was a mild day, had to pick up some stuff for Christmas, so I walked to midtown. Finished the chores, still day out and it was nice, said fuck it and started walking. Didn't stop until I walked all the way home. It's fun walking around the city, I love walking.
fuck yeah, walking is great

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I also don't get running as a hobby

I get that few things can push your body to the limit like a marathon and all that but I get bored as fuck running or walking for exercise long term.

I've done walking or running for exercise for months at a time and I always burn out because I've ran out of music or I would rather spend my time doing anything else.

Lifting weights was probably the most consistent working out I did for about a year or so and it was great! I still got bored and discouraged when I realized that you have to be a skinny fuck first in order to build mass.

I can't run anymore, my knees will swell up and I'll be in pain for days, best I can is elliptical or bike, I can still play Tennis though which is weird

Tamanon

Banned
Only good thing about Opening Day is that we're close to Minor League baseball opening. Get to go see my Durham Bulls in action!

I'm never voting for you again.

Jokes on you, I've hit my term limit!

Being no longer in charge of you heathens means I can really tell it how it is again!

Although looking at the current President of the United States, maybe you can do that while on the job.

Only good thing about Opening Day is that we're close to Minor League baseball opening. Get to go see my Durham Bulls in action!

The Knights may have the best AAA team in the history of the minors this year. Really looking forward to catching a few games.

Slo

Jokes on you, I've hit my term limit!

Being no longer in charge of you heathens means I can really tell it how it is again!

Although looking at the current President of the United States, maybe you can do that while on the job.

It's only a matter of time before Trump abolishes term limits.

Tamanon

Banned
The Knights may have the best AAA team in the history of the minors this year. Really looking forward to catching a few games.

I used to love Knights games at the old stadium. New stadium looks like a great location. Must be awesome during gamedays. We'll actually be playing the Knights for our home opener series. Looking forward to it.

Did you know you're allowed to buy a "26.2" bumper sticker and put it on your car without even running a marathon?

They didn't even check when I bought it! Fucking chumps.

You think the fact that you drove your 500 lbs body in there on a scooter tipped them off?

Did someone say Anime Football

wwwjagoskincom__1485361031498c237d4.gif~c200

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jus got the paraglider in Zelda.

Feeling serviced.

The framerate sucks donkey balls at times on the Wii U, though and I won't lie - it's rough going from Horizon to 720p, here. Thankfully, the games art design makes up for its technical shortcomings. Digging the hell out of it. Eager to jump into the open world....

Top Bottom