• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

You thought a balding, middle-aged man wearing a bandana coming into Kid Rock music was cool. That's the most Floyd-ass opinion I've ever heard.
I mean.. compared to other things.. yeah? It was fine.. it wasn't the absolute worst thing..

It was Taker being himself running around on bikes and doing shit.. I liked Taker already so I didn't care really..

I'm sorry that I did.. I'll try and do better next time.

MechDX

R1P1
EDGE MYLES GARRETT
CLEVELAND BROWNS
R1P2
CB MARSHON LATTIMORE
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
R1P3
EDGE SOLOMON THOMAS
CHICAGO BEARS
R1P4
S JAMAL ADAMS
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
R1P5
LB REUBEN FOSTER
TENNESSEE TITANS
R1P6
QB DESHAUN WATSON
NEW YORK JETS
R1P7
S MALIK HOOKER
SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
R1P8
WR MIKE WILLIAMS
CAROLINA PANTHERS
R1P9
DL JONATHAN ALLEN
CINCINNATI BENGALS
R1P10
WR JOHN ROSS
BUFFALO BILLS
R1P11
EDGE TIM WILLIAMS
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
R1P12
QB MITCH TRUBISKY
CLEVELAND BROWNS
R1P13
WR COREY DAVIS
ARIZONA CARDINALS
R1P14
RB LEONARD FOURNETTE
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
R1P15
RB CHRISTIAN MCCAFFREY
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
R1P16
DL MALIK MCDOWELL
BALTIMORE RAVENS
R1P17
LB ZACH CUNNINGHAM
WASHINGTON REDSKINS
R1P18
CB TRE'DAVIOUS WHITE
TENNESSEE TITANS
R1P19
OT RYAN RAMCZYK
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
R1P20
OT CAM ROBINSON
DENVER BRONCOS
R1P21
CB MARLON HUMPHREY
DETROIT LIONS
R1P22
EDGE TACO CHARLTON
MIAMI DOLPHINS
R1P23
TE O.J. HOWARD
NEW YORK GIANTS
R1P24
EDGE DEREK BARNETT
OAKLAND RAIDERS
R1P25
QB DESHONE KIZER
HOUSTON TEXANS
R1P26
G FORREST LAMP
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
R1P27
QB PATRICK MAHOMES II
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
R1P28
LB JARRAD DAVIS
DALLAS COWBOYS
R1P29
S JABRILL PEPPERS
GREEN BAY PACKERS
R1P30
EDGE HAASON REDDICK
PITTSBURGH STEELERS
R1P31
EDGE CHARLES HARRIS
ATLANTA FALCONS
R1P32
CB CORDREA TANKERSLEY
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

I ran an auto mock at fanspeak since no one here seems to give a damn about our mock draft. You're welcome

Hindl

Chris when is the mock happening?

OJ Howard is probably going earlier. I wouldn't mind them trading up to get a guy truthfully.

Yeah no way OJ Howard makes it that far. He'd be perfect for the Giants but I'd be surprised if he made it out of the top 10 (in which case I wouldn't mind the eagles trading up)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Dutch, pack your bags. We're going to Vegas.

In other news,

xmLYvWL.png

RIP Warriors

MechDX

Running another mock using Matt Millers rankings and this is what the Texans can choose from at pick 25:
2 RB LEONARD FOURNETTE - LSU
13 QB MITCHELL TRUBISKY - UNC
14 TE DAVID NJOKU - MIAMI (FLA.)
16 EDGE CHARLES HARRIS - MISSOURI
18 RB CHRISTIAN MCCAFFREY - STANFORD
19 RB JOE MIXON - OKLAHOMA
22 CB SIDNEY JONES - WASHINGTON
23 G FORREST LAMP - WESTERN KENTUCKY
27 EDGE DEREK BARNETT - TENNESSEE
29 RB ALVIN KAMARA - TENNESSEE
30 S BUDDA BAKER - WASHINGTON

This draft is so fucking deep

MechDX

Damn Kamara is flying up the boards

Yeah most draft guys I follow are moving RB's up in rankings. Challenging CB's for deepest position in this years draft

Its just crazy. You can keep re running mocks and different groups of highly rated talents just drops because there is a LOT of talent to choose from

Yeah most draft guys I follow are moving RB's up in rankings. Challenging CB's for deepest position in this years draft

Its just crazy. You can keep re running mocks and different groups of highly rated talents just drops because there is a LOT of talent to choose from
Yeah., this is an excellent class

Hindl

Yeah it's kinda nuts to me that really outside of Garrett, no one has any idea how the 1st round will play out. Like obviously things change, but you can usually narrow teams down to 1-2 picks with a backup plan. This year at 14, the Eagles have around 10 prospects that they could conceivably choose.

I just thought Kamara was interesting though because I liked him but he was supposed to be available later since he has so little production. Guess the mock guys like his potential though

I have seen both Howie and Dougie talk about how much they like Ross lately, so I assume that is some elaborate smoke screen and they really don't like him.

dionysus

Yaldog
I'll pick for the Saints again in the mock draft. Before FA, I would have said we would go ILB. We picked up Keuchly's backup, who most people think is starter quality but could never see the field. The projections for a defensive end are probably right now. Areas of need are DE, CB, and any LB. Guard has been taken care of with Warford.

Pepiope

At 14 you (somehow) have Foster, Howard, Cook, and Ross. Who do you go with?
My preference would be Foster > Ross = Howard > Cook.

Hicks/Foster would give us a beastly combo for a decade +. Foster is more of a need than Howard, doesn't have the question marks of Ross, and doesn't have character issues Cook (at least not to the extent of Cook) has.

Hindl

I agree just curious on Pep's perspective. Howard is my draft crush

My preference would be Foster > Ross = Howard > Cook.

Hicks/Foster would give us a beastly combo for a decade +. Foster is more of a need than Howard, doesn't have the question marks of Ross, and doesn't have character issues Cook (at least not to the extent of Cook) has.

Fair, I'd put Howard above Ross and then it's a tossup for me between Foster and Howard

Pepiope

I agree just curious on Pep's perspective. Howard is my draft crush

Fair, I'd put Howard above Ross and then it's a tossup for me between Foster and Howard
Ya. Howard probably should go above Ross, but I miss having a WR like Jackson who can change a game in under 10 secounds, so I'm a bit biased towards the speed guy.

I'd be disappointed if we took Cook over Foster, Howard, and Ross, but I'd still be happy with one of those 4 at 14.

Thing is the Eagles aren't completely set at TE. Celek will be gone next year, and while Trey Burton had an ok season I don't expect him to be much. That just leaves you with Ertz who while he's a great receiver is just an ok blocker. Howard would be great. 12 Personnel would be amazing with Ertz and Howard on the field.

One of the podcasts I listen to said last week that the best comp for Howard is Julio in terms of how his workout numbers compare to the other people at his position. It will be interesting to see if it was just Alabama's offense holding him back or not.

tell me why you don't think he is first
I asked you first.. but..

OJ has shown with proper focus on developing a passing game from Bama (and at least middling QB play from Bama.) that he has the ability to be a threat in the passing game. He has shown that he has solid blocking and can be a positive in the run game and can pass block. I think he will be a very solid TE and not a bust.

Your turn

Bread

Banned
I asked you first.. but..

OJ has shown with proper focus on developing a passing game from Bama (and at least middling QB play from Bama.) that he has the ability to be a threat in the passing game. He has shown that he has solid blocking and can be a positive in the run game and can pass block. I think he will be a very solid TE and not a bust.

Your turn
i disrespectfully disagree

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'd be pretty excited if the first three rounds for Green Bay went:

1: Secondary
2: OLB (TJ Watt??)
3: Running back or receiver

uhhh i explained that though? and i stand by that statement anyway. i said i'd take the elite post defender, especially one with an above average offensive game. gobert is a monster.
Then I missed that explanation and I apologize Bread..

You should fine DM for my accusation.

But let's get back to why you think OJ Howard is like Vernon Gholston..

OJ Howard is probably going earlier. I wouldn't mind them trading up to get a guy truthfully.

I think the Giants are equally interested in David Njoku as well. It's a strong TE draft. No reason to reach up for on this year.

Be interested to see Ramczyk makes it to the Giants pick and what they do.

Top Bottom