• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Bread

Banned
True story I don't believe I have ever seen bread actually discuss anything football related here.
my football analysis is a pillar of this community

Then I missed that explanation and I apologize Bread..

You should fine DM for my accusation.

But let's get back to why you think OJ Howard is like Vernon Gholston..
nope too late you have insulted me and therefore i have won this debate, good day.

bionic77

I can't believe how much the world has changed in the last 6 months.

I went from being crazy about football to now not giving a shit and actually being as excited for the NBA playoffs as I have been in a long time. Normally I would just watch the Lakers games and otherwise just focus on the contenders. But this year I am balls deep in the NBA and am going to watch a ton of the playoffs. At the same time I don't give two shits to the Steelers or the NFL. Fuck these Trump loving motherfuckers.

6 months ago I was just a regular successful dude with a nice house, a good job and a great family. As blessed as I was I never saw this tsunami of awesome heading directly towards me. And now I am a motherfucking JoyConBoyz. We called it out and shit delivered in a way that left us satisfied on the rooftops (whereas the people who did not get in are at home alone in their basements like a basic BG or outside trying to fly dollar tree kites and make us believe that doing it is occurring when it clearly is not).

We got a SW spinoff that was actually good. Also we got Stranger Things which made us all think it was still the 80s and it was all good for a few days.

A lot of other stuff has changed. I used to really believe in the greatness of America and laugh at Canadians for being a second rate knockoff. Well I ain't laughing no more. The Pats put Trump in the White House and we have an orange clown as our president who seems to be doing all he can to make our country into a real shithole while those stupid people to the north have freedom and Justin fucking Trudeau.

England again decided to follow America off the cliff and actually passed laws confirming Brexit and officially making their country into a shithole and slamming the final nail into the coffin of the British Empire. I never saw that coming even after Brexit happened.

Roger Federer came back from the dead and outfought Nadal in the 5th set of a grand slam final.

Strange times we live in my friends.

Ok here is up to date list for Mock, so I'm thinking we start it either this Friday or latest next Friday? Or should we do it during the week?

Edit: We are still missing almost half the teams (14), I guess we can have people sign up for two teams

(AFC)
East
Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins - Dolphins-Gaf (;_;)
New England Patriots - Gator
New York Jets - Fox318

North
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals

Cleveland Browns - Flo
Pittsburgh Steelers - DeaconKnowledge

South
Houston Texans - BG, Dutch, MechDX
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans

West
Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs

Oakland Raiders - Officerrob
Los Angeles Chargers

(NFC)
East
Dallas Cowboys - cashman
New York Giants - BigAT, Futurevoid, Striker
Philadelphia Eagles - Hindl
Washington Redskins

North
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions - Kastrioti
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings - Slo

South
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers - Grover
New Orleans Saints - dionysus
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx

West
Arizona Cardinals
Los Angeles Rams - Fanto
San Francisco 49ers - bigosc2k, Doomsayer, TheSkullPrince
Seattle Seahawks - cdy,

Keep adding to it or just claim a team and I'll update later.

Spinluck

Ok here is up to date list for Mock, so I'm thinking we start it either this Friday or latest next Friday? Or should we do it during the week?

Edit: We are still missing almost half the teams (14), I guess we can have people sign up for two teams

Do we have any Colts fans that post here?

Looks like my Pats are already covered.

RBH called me to tell me to pick for the Falcons.

Related: The Falcons pick is available for trade. Willing to trade for worst player on other team's roster and/or bag of potato chips.

Bread

Banned
wait grova

you forgot the part about the ranch spices

we don't want one of those bags that barely has any of the ranch on it. i want a jackpot bag.

Fantomex

Hello my friend Chris.

I don't mind picking for the Chargers since the Rams don't have a 1st rounder this year.

Jarnet87

@nfldraftscout

I don't fault teams for trying to find a QB diamond in the rough to groom and hopefully replace their aging franchise QB (even though it rarely works), but these mid round picks would be better used on a player that can improve contenders.

Hindl

I don't fault teams for trying to find a QB diamond in the rough to groom and hopefully replace their aging franchise QB (even though it rarely works), but these mid round picks would be better used on a player that can improve contenders.

It all starts with the QB though. If they get a guy that makes them contenders this year, but then next year Ben/Eli retires, those teams are going nowhere until they hit on a QB. Whereas if they draft a late round QB, he'll be able to sit and develop and if he pans out, these teams will still be just a few players away from being a contender, but have the benefit of having a rookie QB on a contract

Chris you gotta put this up multiple times a day. Give people a chance to see it. Only teams that consistently no show are the Bungles, Tits, and Chargers.

Ben forced the Steelers hand by complaining about retirement. I hope nobody goes in for QBs so Deshaun Watson is available for the 2nd round.

WA4ubPZ.jpg

NFL Draft street closures. They're starting some preliminary closures next Monday, with this being the closure starting the week of the event. I'll be curious to see how they set up all of the event spaces.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

If we can let's do it next Friday. I don't mind doing it this Friday but still want to see how things pan out for some of the potential draft picks.

You can take me off the Texans list, was just kidding. I'll help with the 12th pick of the browns if in around, that's where all the debate will be. Number 1 is pretty much looked up, Floy will probably try and insert Hooker bough.

Gotta think about the future. Ben will likely retire before Eli but Easy E has maybe another 2-3 years left in the tank at best.
I was looking at qb age the other day, and a lot of the bigger named qbs are up there. Soon they'll be all gone. Could league shift more to running and putting more value on Rbs again? Depending on how these younger qbs develop?
I'm at Trejos Tacos, anyone want something?
Yeah. I want you to turn yourself into the proper authorities.

MechDX

Mike Garafolo‏Verified account
@MikeGarafolo

Follow
More
Jerry Jones notified all NFL GMs they are permitted to contact Tony Romo or his agent to schedule a workout, visit or physical, source says

Mike Garafolo‏Verified account @MikeGarafolo 1m1 minute ago
More
Replying to @MikeGarafolo
The Cowboys informed clubs they are "limited to conversations concerning (Romo's) 2017-19 NFL player contract." (i.e. to facilitate a trade)

lol fuck you Jerruh

Top Bottom