• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Pepiope

Instead of wasting your money in Vegas why don't you buy property that will increase in value in a neighboring state? Or perhaps I didn't see that there was some specific reason you wanted to live there?

The picture Yankee painted would make me avoid that shit like the plague.
No specific reason, I just see myself moving out west, and I have a brother in Vegas who'd help me getting settled out there. So it seemed logical enough, but I do see myself moving someplace warmer. I've just been thinking these past few months about my next step in life.

bionic77

No specific reason, I just see myself moving out west, and I have a brother in Vegas who'd help me getting settled out there. So it seemed logical enough, but I do see myself moving someplace warmer. I've just been thinking these past few months about my next step in life.
Get a Switch and a rooftop.

The rest takes care of itself.

Wooooooooo!

shinobi602‏ @shinobi602
Phew, really excited to read up in detail on the Scorpio tomorrow. With what I'm hearing, I'll certainly be getting multiplats on it."

jmdajr

Are you sure about that?

Because they certainly advertise the fuck out of it on the strip and I saw some in our hotel. I specifically remember one leaving a room full of like 5+ guys. It was the Venetian otherwise I would have assumed one of those dudes was Gata.

Felt bad for that chick. She was hot and that seems like a hard way to earn whatever money she earned.

Even though it's against the law, I think it's just very leniently enforced.

The state of Nevada is the only jurisdiction in the United States where prostitution is permitted. Strictly regulated brothels operate legally in isolated rural areas, away from the majority of Nevada's population. Prostitution is illegal in the following counties: Clark (which contains Las Vegas), Washoe (which contains Reno), Douglas, and Lincoln. Prostitution is also illegal in Nevada's capital, Carson City, an independent city. The rest of Nevada's counties are permitted by state law to license brothels, but only 8 counties have done so. As of August 2013, there are 19 brothels in Nevada.

Hindl

Wooooooooo!

shinobi602‏ @shinobi602
Phew, really excited to read up in detail on the Scorpio tomorrow. With what I'm hearing, I'll certainly be getting multiplats on it."

Listening to podcasts talk about it, I'm curious how many games they'll show. Digital Foundry is pretty much your spec dump warehouse, so I could see the reveal Thursday mostly talking about the console itself and it's power, and save the real blowout for E3

bionic77

Does anyone here have a PS Pro?

I know Yankee is on board with Scorpio but I wonder how many people want the upgraded version of a console they may already own.

Hindl

Then why are they billing it as an upgrade instead of a new console generation?

Because it plays all the same games as the base XB1, has the exact same architecture and OS as XB1, and there can't be any games that are Scorpio exclusive. I think outside of Nintendo, the traditional concept of a console generation is dead. PS4 and XB1 are both basically PCs anyway, there's no real advantage to an architecture change. And who knows, maybe Nintendo will just keep making iterations on the Switch too

Because it plays all the same games as the base XB1, has the exact same architecture and OS as XB1, and there can't be any games that are Scorpio exclusive. I think outside of Nintendo, the traditional concept of a console generation is dead. PS4 and XB1 are both basically PCs anyway, there's no real advantage to an architecture change. And who knows, maybe Nintendo will just keep making iterations on the Switch too

It makes upgrades less appealing, but I bet the cost savings of maintaining a PC-like architecture make up for the lower sales due to less people upgrading. I'm all for this PC-ification of consoles. I'll still keep my PC as my primary gaming device, but it's nice knowing I'll be able to get exclusives without having to buy new consoles as frequently.

Jarnet87

I know Yankee is on board with Scorpio but I wonder how many people want the upgraded version of a console they may already own.

Firmly in the if my PS4 breaks I'll get a pro camp, otherwise it's likely I won't upgrade until the 5.

Hindl

It makes upgrades less appealing, but I bet the cost savings of maintaining a PC-like architecture make up for the lower sales due to less people upgrading. I'm all for this PC-ification of consoles. I'll still keep my PC as my primary gaming device, but it's nice knowing I'll be able to get exclusives without having to buy new consoles as frequently.

Yeah, I mean 3-4 years down the road I wouldn't expect Xbox games to run on the OG XB1, but it's a good change that had to happen

The Scorpio will have something that eclipses a 970?

That's going to be an expensive box

970s aren't that expensive anymore. By the time the Scorpio is out that'll be a 3 year old card

Honestly the bigger shock is that it will outperform a 4970k. That's still a $300 CPU. They tend to go CPU light on consoles and end up CPU bound.

Well the CPU will definitely be weaker, but CPUs don't matter that much when it comes to games. See all the people 2500Ks chugging along 6 years later. Multi-threaded games haven't become a big thing yet, so that won't be a big deal

jmdajr

I kinda hype, but I don't have a 4k tv, or 4k receiver. So it be well, kind of dumb.

I bet they will have a 4ktv/scorpio bundle one day that might be worth it. But my 1080p plasma tv still works. Might just wait it out.

MechDX

I kinda hype, but I don't have a 4k tv, or 4k receiver. So it be well, kind of dumb.

I bet they will have a 4ktv/scorpio bundle one day that might be worth it. But my 1080p plasma tv still works. Might just wait it out.

This. Aint gettinga Scorpio for that reason.

I am considering a PS4 for Destiny 2 though. Player base is larger. If Sony would announce a controller with offset analog sticks I would buy immediately

Well the CPU will definitely be weaker, but CPUs don't matter that much when it comes to games. See all the people 2500Ks chugging along 6 years later. Multi-threaded games haven't become a big thing yet, so that won't be a big deal

I agree to a large extent, but having anything that's not going to run into problems being CPU bound is still going to be expensive. I imagine this will be a $500 machine. Still, for what it sounds like they are putting in it that's a fine price.

effzee

Fantastic article and the first of a series by Philly Eagles beat writer Jeff McLane:

http://http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/Philadelphia-Eagles-Howie-Roseman-drafts-hits-misses-deals.html

Amazing parts:

Graham had a slow start to his NFL career, but he has been one of the Eagles' most consistent players over the last four years and had his best season in 2016. But the Eagles passed on Pro Bowlers Earl Thomas and Jason Pierre-Paul, who were selected immediately after Graham.

A round later, with the pick obtained in the McNabb trade, the Eagles chose safety Nate Allen. In a draft that would produce some of the best safeties in the league's next era - Eric Berry, Devin McCourtey, T.J. Ward, Kam Chancellor, Kendrick Lewis, Reshad Jones, and Thomas - it was a suspect choice.

and

Roseman then went ballistic in accumulating draft picks for that year and next. He dealt the Eagles' other second round pick - which the Cowboys used to draft Sean Lee - for a later second and a fourth. He then traded that later second for a third and a fifth. And then he swapped that third for a later third and a fourth.

There were five more draft-day trades. The Eagles ended up selecting 13 players, most of them forgettable.

With the later third-rounder, the Eagles selected defensive end Daniel Te'o-Nesheim. The pick was deemed a stretch by many evaluators. Te'o-Nesheim, who lasted only one season with the Eagles and four in the NFL, wasn't even watching the broadcast when he received the call.

"I was just lying down," Te'o-Nesheim said minutes after his selection, "and looking at the ceiling."

CAN'T WAIT GO HOWIE!

This. Aint gettinga Scorpio for that reason.

I am considering a PS4 for Destiny 2 though. Player base is larger. If Sony would announce a controller with offset analog sticks I would buy immediately
You suck. I thought we were destiny Bros.

Tom penny I would guess $450 base then a more expensive model with bigger hdd and an elite controller.

MechDX

You suck. I thought we were destiny Bros.

Tom penny I would guess $450 base then a more expensive model with bigger hdd and an elite controller.

You buy only half a game!

Funny you are so excited for Scorpio but can not afford to buy a complete version of Destiny but ready to dump $500 on a console upgrade.

jmdajr

Google Reveals What Games, Consoles Teens Think Are Cool

Screen-Shot-2017-04-04-at-3.23.57-PM.png

plus

Switching from games to consoles reveals that Xbox is the coolest brand for Gen Z. This is an important difference compared to Millennials, who are aged 18 - 24 in this study, who believe PlayStation is cooler.

Hindl

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
970 is a sub $200 card
even 1070 is only $350

Phil has said many times that it is a premium device and to expect a premium price.

I'm seeing 1060s sold for as low as $180 retail so yeah it's possible this will fall between that and a 1070. No way they'll get a 1070 in this thing though.

I kinda hope they sell it for at least $499. I want beefier console graphics to push PC graphics development damn it!

For new page:

So Official Mock Draft time: April 10th at 8 a.m. PST

Since the Browns have a team ready, Flo...BG...y'all are on the clock. You have until Noon to make a pick.

Teams without a team will be group pick, first choice to three votes or pick with most votes in two hours get auto-selected.

Remember the pick is who you think your team will pick not who you want (you hear that Mech??)
Write a quick write up on why your team will make that pick and how he fits your team.

1. Cleveland Browns - Flo,BG
2. San Francisco 49ers - bigosc2k, Doomsayer, TheSkullPrince
3. Chicago Bears
4. Jacksonville Jaguars
5. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams)
6. New York Jets - Fox
7. Los Angeles Chargers - Fanto
8. Carolina Panthers - Grover
9. Cincinnati Bengals
10. Buffalo Bills
11. New Orleans Saints - dionysus
12. Cleveland Browns (from Philadelphia Eagles)
13. Arizona Cardinals
14. Philadelphia Eagles (from Minnesota Vikings) - Hindl
15. Indianapolis Colts
16. Baltimore Ravens - Blarry
17. Washington Redskins
18. Tennessee Titans
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx
20. Denver Broncos
21. Detroit Lions - Kastrioti
22. Miami Dolphins - Dolphins-Gaf
23. New York Giants - BigAT, Futurevoid, Striker
24. Oakland Raiders - Officerrob
25. Houston Texans - Dutch, Mech
26. Seattle Seahawks - cdy
27. Kansas City Chiefs
28. Dallas Cowboys - cashman
29. Green Bay Packers - Elfforkusu - Slo
30. Pittsburgh Steelers - DeaconKnowledge
31. Atlanta Falcons
32. New Orleans Saints (from Patriots) - dionysus

effzee

Howie sucks at talent evaluation in drafts. That's why he brought in Joe Douglas. And I think you can take the Jernigan trade, along with a few others, as signs that Howie is listening to him.

Good to know the man who sucks at talent evaluation just continues to climb and soar and is given chance after chance!

Trump's America.

Andy Benoit‏Verified account
@Andy_Benoit

Following
More
Only 15 QBs drafted since 2006 have gone on to start at least 48 NFL games. And 5 of those QBs are no longer NFL starters.

bionic77

I have been using a 5K monitor for 3 years. With that and seeing various 4K tv's in store and at friends houses I am honestly not blown away by 4K video or games.

To be clear, there is a difference. But it is a subtle difference. It is not something that is readily apparent or will blow your pants off when you walk in the room. My plan was to get a 4K projector because I feel movies could take advantage of that at 120+", but 4K projectors are still pretty expensive so I am holding off.

I have no idea what Sony's sales of the Pro are so I don't really know what demand is for a 4K console. And in this instance it looks like the PS Pro is barely powerful enough for 4K so the Xbox one might make more sense if that is what you want.

If you guys have a PC and do work on it I do highly recommend upgrading to 4K or higher. Especially if you are old its s really a lot easier on your eyes. It is hard for me to go back to 1080 when it comes to shit like word processing and emails. But I am just not hype about this stuff for games.

The thing that sold me on HD was never games. It was sports. And you can't even really get good 1080P streams. 4K seems like 10 years away. Not to mention that I did not see a huge difference even for sports on 1080 and 4K.

MechDX

James Walker‏Verified account @JamesWalkerNFL 55s55 seconds ago
More
Source: The #Dolphins have agreed to terms w/QB David Fales. Fales was a former draft pick of the #Bears and spent 2015 w/MIA HC Adam Gase.

Phins finally admitting Tannehill was a mistake

Top Bottom