• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

MechDX

lol sure buddy,

Yates has more playoff wins than Tannehill
Osweiler has more playoff wins that Tannehill
Savage is sexier than Tannehill

One day maybe Tannehill can have success in something :(

EDIT: Forgot he is the champion "Being a Whiny Bitch about practice squad DB's showing him up" king!

jmdajr

I have been using a 5K monitor for 3 years. With that and seeing various 4K tv's in store and at friends houses I am honestly not blown away by 4K video or games.

To be clear, there is a difference. But it is a subtle difference. It is not something that is readily apparent or will blow your pants off when you walk in the room. My plan was to get a 4K projector because I feel movies could take advantage of that at 120+", but 4K projectors are still pretty expensive so I am holding off.

I have no idea what Sony's sales of the Pro are so I don't really know what demand is for a 4K console. And in this instance it looks like the PS Pro is barely powerful enough for 4K so the Xbox one might make more sense if that is what you want.

If you guys have a PC and do work on it I do highly recommend upgrading to 4K or higher. Especially if you are old its s really a lot easier on your eyes. It is hard for me to go back to 1080 when it comes to shit like word processing and emails. But I am just not hype about this stuff for games.

The thing that sold me on HD was never games. It was sports. And you can't even really get good 1080P streams. 4K seems like 10 years away. Not to mention that I did not see a huge difference even for sports on 1080 and 4K.

So apparently 4k cameras are already used for goal line replays in football. But broadcast 4k sports? It will probbaly take decades.

The Surface Book my wife has is basically 3k. I installed some old Adobe software on there. Holy fuck I was going to go blind. Can't see shit. If the software isn't 4k ready it looks like total ass.

bionic77

So apparently 4k cameras are already used for goal line replays in football. But broadcast 4k sports? It will probbaly take decades.

The Surface Book my wife has is basically 3k. I installed some old Adobe software on there. Holy fuck I was going to go blind. Can't see shit. If the software isn't 4k ready it looks like total ass.
I have a retina iMac and one of the advantages of the Mac is that most of the OS and a lot of the software gets updated quick to take advantage of that resolution.

OS X in general handles multiple windows and high resolution better than Windows.

If the software supports the high res though it is so nice on your eyes.

We can't even get solid 1080p broadcasts consistently yet.
When we had Service Electric (worst cable company in the country), you were lucky to get 720P. And it was garbage...

I have a retina iMac and one of the advantages of the Mac is that most of the OS and a lot of the software gets updated quick to take advantage of that resolution.

OS X in general handles multiple windows and high resolution better than Windows.

If the software supports the high res though it is so nice on your eyes.

When we had Service Electric (worst cable company in the country), you were lucky to get 720P. And it was garbage...
No way are they worse then Cox. It took 22 visits for them to finally get our internet stable.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lions' Taylor Decker gets right back to work at OLP in Arizona

CHANDLER, Ariz. — The off-season wasn’t even two weeks old when Taylor Decker found himself “back in the lab.”

Decker, the Detroit Lions’ first-round pick last year who played every snap as a rookie at left tackle, moved to Arizona eight days after the season ended with a wild card loss to the Seattle Seahawks and was back in the gym starting five-day-a-week workouts less than 96 hours later.

The 16th pick of last year’s draft, Decker got his career off to an impressive start last season when he earned all-rookie honors and emerged as the anchor of the Lions’ young offensive line.

He played well enough in the spring that the Lions moved veteran Riley Reiff to right tackle after three years of starting on the left side — Reiff signed a free-agent deal last month with the Minnesota Vikings, where he’ll once again play left tackle — and he didn’t give up a sack during one six-game stretch in the middle of the season.

Bentley, who counts 28 NFL linemen among his clients, called Decker and his workout partner, Arizona Cardinals tackle D.J. Humphries “the future elite left tackles in the NFL.”

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...-lions-taylor-decker-offseason-work/99901344/

Bob Quinn knocked it out of the park drafting Taylor Decker in the first round last year. This offensive line is going to be fierce once they gel in the offseason.

If you ever played Madden Franchise mode, Decker is the rookie LT who is probably rated 82 overall in his rookie year, in Year 2 jumps to 92 overall and by Year 3 is a 97-99 overall.

Dominoes Expected To Fall In Place Between #Raiders & Marshawn Lynch If HC Jack Del Rio Signs Off On Him https://t.co/4yaBKR3M6z https://t.co/Ac98ZwycSW

That'd be great to see and would instantly make the Raiders the #2 team in the AFC. The NFL is better when the Raiders and Lions are relevant.

Then tell me what Tannehill has done that makes him good.

Ill hang up and listen

What makes him a good QB? Playing like a good QB....I know it's been years since you've seen good QB play...but Tannehill does it.

Here plenty of reading material:

https://twitter.com/Brickwallblitz/status/833561802386599936

Game Breakdowns

https://thedeependmiami.com/2016/11/29/tannehills-triumph-how-adam-gase-leveled-the-playing-field-unleashed-ryan-tannehill/

@MattyInfante Feb 23

Notable Tannehill ranks in '16:

Comp% = 6th
Yds/A = 8th
QB Rating = 12th
4th Q Rating = 15th
Redzone QB Rating = 1st

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I was going to say, some of the NFL broadcasts right now are real garbage.

The only thing I can think of that even tries to do 4K right now is Golf Channel for certain tournaments. I can that working well there, since a lot of the appeal there are scenery shots.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Josh Katzenstein‏ @jkatzenstein

Jamal Adams just ran the 40 in 4.33 seconds at LSU pro day. Not official but still, wow.
.👀

Jim Wyatt‏ @jwyattsports

On conference call, @MelKiperESPN said @josh_dobbs1 a potential late 2nd/early 3rd round pick. His 6th or 7th QB in draft
@Vol_Football
.🤔

Pennsylvanians love both of them.

EJaHpkC.png

bionic77

Are those Pittsburg fans?
I actually don't know who the mutants in the middle of state root for.

The middle of the state is scary.

A lot of houses have weird signs on their lawns about abortion and Obama (the last time I drove through the garbage part of PA was probably 3 years ago so maybe the signs have been updated). Its some fucked up shit.

I never stayed to find out what team they rooted for.

Hindl

A lot of houses have weird signs on their lawns about abortion and Obama (the last time I drove through the garbage part of PA was probably 3 years ago so maybe the signs have been updated). Its some fucked up shit.

Well the Eagles are only popular in the southeastern part of PA up to Allentown and South Jersey, so the middle of the state is probably Steelers fans

bionic77

Well the Eagles are only popular in the southeastern part of PA up to Allentown and South Jersey, so the middle of the state is probably Steelers fans
Allentown has a ton of Giant fans too.

I think the natives are mostly for the Eagles but we have a lot of transplants, especially from Jersey.

I know the north east is mostly Steelers and obviously west is all Steelers, but I don't know shit about the middle of the state other then it is garbage.

Hindl

Allentown has a ton of Giant fans too.

I think the natives are mostly for the Eagles but we have a lot of transplants, especially from Jersey.

I know the north east is mostly Steelers and obviously west is all Steelers, but I don't know shit about the middle of the state other then it is garbage.

Oh yeah Allentown is right up on the border where the Giants fandom starts bleeding in from Northwestern NJ. And I see some Steelers shit around there too. My uncle's family lives in Allentown and I was surprised to learn at my cousin's wedding that he was a Steelers fan. Figured he was an Eagles fan but Allentown has everything

Sanjuro

There are a lot of Pittsburgh fans here at the game today. There is even this sweet old 80+ wheelchair bound grandma Pirates fan.coming to her first game at Fenway.

Going to feel really bad when we knock her to the ground and chant Pittsburgh Sucks!

There are a lot of Pittsburgh fans here at the game today. There is even this sweet old 80+ wheelchair bound grandma Pirates fan.coming to her first game at Fenway.

Going to feel really bad when we knock her to the ground and chant Pittsburgh Sucks!
Take her wheelchair away and hide it..

Top Bottom