• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Sephzilla

*Cough*

I mean, I can't wait for T-Swift's newest single "Packing up and moving on" following this latest news about Rodgers/Swift

Fox318

LtAeZLd.png

This post serviced me so I checked out the conversation and was further serviced.
1h
Benjamin Allbright‏ @AllbrightNFL
Every time I think "you should take it easy on Grossi, he's not a total idiot" he puts his fingers to the keyboard & proves that wrong.

1h
Mitchell Fink‏ @themitchellfink
@AllbrightNFL aww, man Im blocked by grossi for asking football questions. What did he do now?

Benjamin Allbright‏ @AllbrightNFL

@themitchellfink The Barnwell quotes from this morning. His bizarre anti analytics crusade. (I'm blocked, too).

Mitchell Fink‏ @themitchellfink

@AllbrightNFL He just grabs a thing and runs with it. For years it was ca’t win running a 3-4, now its analytics. Best for him to retire.
They're referring to Grossi's Tomfoolish article and headline this morning.

"Browns' decision with No. 1 pick seems a simple football call, but analytics complicate it"

Grossi has no idea what analytics are or how they can be used so he just mocks it whenever he can (every day). He also jumped to conclusions that they take direct advice from Barnwell so they might trade the number one. Pretty much saying Garrett should be the easy pick but analytics complicate that.

His words to end the article "ah, analytics – the very definition of paralysis by over-analysis"

I'm not being biased or joking when I say don't pay attention to him

effzee

Finally found some time last night to play some Zelda.

I only just got to
Impa. Only have 3 shrines outside of the original 4

Bread

Banned
Ben Volin @BenVolinSport 1m ago
Sources close to Sherman say that he was upset with the loyalty of Seahawks fans,
he wants to play for a team where the fans live and breath football.

wow that's rough cdy

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Potential trade suitors for Richard Sherman:

New Orleans Saints: The Saints have to be considered among Sherman's potential suitors since they have made it clear that upgrading the cornerback position is among their top priorities. They visited with Patriots restricted free agent Malcolm Butler and still might wind up trying to work out a trade for him once Butler signs his tender. And last year, the Saints made a push to sign Josh Norman at $15 million per year before finishing runner-up to the Washington Redskins. It's unclear how the Saints feel about Sherman specifically. Perhaps they prefer a younger model in Butler. But it's an idea they have probably considered, at the very least. -- Mike Triplett

Green Bay Packers: A defense that ranked 31st against the pass last season would be foolish not to consider a cornerback like Sherman. The Packers signed Davon House in free agency, but that's hardly enough to say their coverage unit will be much improved. GM Ted Thompson has been a little more aggressive this offseason. This would take it to another level. -- Rob Demovsky

Tennessee Titans: The Titans' secondary was really bad last season, and even after adding Logan Ryan and Johnathan Cyprien, they need help. Corner is still the team's main weak spot. Do the Titans want a big personality at a big price, or will they patiently look to grow their own through the draft? They have the fifth and 18th picks, but no second-rounder (more here). --

New England Patriots: If the Patriots are in the mix, it would have to be in a buyer's market. I don't see them trading significant draft capital for him. The Patriots do have salary-cap space and cash to spend, so that wouldn't be a problem. Cornerback also is a position that would be a greater need if Butler is ultimately traded. -- Mike Reiss

http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-se...trade-buzz-seahawks-asking-price-suitors-more

It's still crazy that the Seahawks are going to potentially trade Sherman, but given the arguments he had on the sidelines with his coaches, and calling out Pete Carroll numerous times, it seems like both sides agree they need to move on.

wow that's rough cdy

That is fake news. Breadstream is a part of the dying media lying for ratings. Sad!

This is the real tweet:

Sources close to Sherman say that he was upset with the prospect of playing with such a wuss at QB, he wants to play for a team where the QB is a real man.

MechDX

That is fake news. Breadstream is a part of the dying media lying for ratings. Sad!

This is the real tweet:

Sources close to Sherman say that he was upset with the prospect of playing with such a wuss at QB, he wants to play for a team where the QB is a real man.

"real man at QB"? So you are a Brady backer. Truth comes out.

Top Bottom