• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 3 |OT| An Epidemic of "Leakyolinitus" has Broken Out

Sulik2

So why is there a ten second runoff for a review in the Lions game? The Tate catch was incredibly close but to not get another play seems like garbage.

JABEE

So why is there a ten second runoff for a review in the Lions game? The Tate catch was incredibly close but to not get another play seems like garbage.
The thought process is they wouldn’t have been able to get another play off.

I think it’s messed up that you can lose on a referee mistake.

The difference between Aikman and Romo on commentary is STAGGERING

Romo calling them plays before they happen once again

He's quickly becoming the best ex-player to commentators.

Romo is great.

Romo calling that was the best

Romo is so good as the color guy.

Lol Romo. At least he's entertaining

is it me or does Tony Romo predict the future?

damn he was right on with that sack on Dalton before he snapped the ball.

So Tony Romo is a good color commentator right?

He's a beacon of light in the trash heap that is CBS

t_l9xu.gif

Chris, our teams are terrible. But at least we did it.

See, the sad part for Cincinnati fans is, if the Bengals win today, Marvin Lewis gets to stay.

Y'all should be rooting for a collapse for the greater good.

Slo

So did the Seahawks stay in the tunnel during the anthem? Is there a roundup anywhere of what each team did?

Bsigg12

The clocked was stopped because it was initially ruled a TD. Had it been called correctly on the field the clock would have continued to run and since the Lions were out of timeouts they couldn't stop it. It's to keep it from giving the offense an unfair advantage.

That said, he was down with 11 seconds so they should have set the clock to 1 second and the Lions should have had a chance to run a play.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Watching GB, I really think Detroit can win the division.

Then let the play stand. If you rule it not a touchdown on field Lions would have gotten off another play. Of course that screen cap shows there was 11 seconds when he was down too so the whole thing is even more garbage.

LOL what? You want the refs to deliberately make a wrong call?

DKhBhSfW4AAUpwL

It was the right call. And I'm sorry but they don't spot the ball, line up and get a play off in 8 seconds from when he goes down.

Even with benefit of the doubt you lose at least a couple seconds already from them celebrating what they thought was a touchdown, then they realize whistle was blown.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
DKhBhSfW4AAUpwL

It was the right call. And I'm sorry but they don't spot the ball, line up and get a play off in 8 seconds from when he goes down.

It was the right call.

Except there were 11 seconds left when he was down right there. A proper re-set lets the Lions line up, ref places the ball and starts the clock, Lions snap for one more play. The refs botched it because they didn't look at the clock on the replay.

Top Bottom