• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 4 |OT| Taking a stand by taking a knee

Eleuin

Rough game for king

Seems like Randall has finally been benched, hopefully for good. Hawkins looks promising at least

Football is a terrible sport run by a garbage league, night yall

gogosox82

I didn't see that one live, since I'm not that old (yet). But it begs the question, how do you evaluate egregiously dirty hit intended to cause injury vs less dirty hit with considerably higher likelihood of death?

Jim McMahon has dementia. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that hit probably didn't help.

cdyhybrid

We talking about the Grossman Era?

eV7kD1P.jpg

Oh there was football today?

I mean, I guess technically yes.

Jim McMahon has dementia. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that hit probably didn't help.
There's no doubt that neither hit belongs in the game. If football exists in future decades, this shit has to get cleaned up.

(won't happen though. I expect a single game suspension for the Bears LB -- if that. Maybe just a fine. Wasn't worth an ejection -- how bad could it be?)

gogosox82

LOL

I was going to say that but it's an accumulation.
However, dude can't even drive to the store anymore because he won't find his way back home.

Yeah its really sad what's happened to him.

There's no doubt that neither hit belongs in the game. If football exists in future decades, this shit has to get cleaned up.

(won't happen though. I expect a single game suspension for the Bears LB -- if that. Maybe just a fine. Wasn't worth an ejection -- how bad could it be?)

Agreed. Like the poster said above me. McMahon can't even drive around anymore because he might forget how to get back home. Hits like the one tonight really make it hard to watch the sport knowing the damage they do.

I'd be ok with 2 games and $150,000 fine. 1 game would be bs but I expect the fine to be high.

Trevathan should be suspended for 2 games minimum and possibly up to 5.

I would be ok with 2 games. 6 games feels like a lot. 2-3 games with a 150k -200k fine would be good I think.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Agree, no place in the league for that and there was zero need to try and tackle him. He was already wrapped up.

It's really the perfect moment to set an example. No one is going to argue whether or not that was disgusting and dangerous hit. No one.

Talking about the color rush jerseys and stuff... Steelers are doing the all-black this year, but I kinda wanna see them with the white pants. All white aways (yellow stripe down side) and white pants with the black jerseys. Iono, I think it'd pop. :cool:

Here's the official ref statement on that hit to Adams. Apparently this didn't rise to the level of "egregious" or "completely unnecessary." Extra malice obvious considering it was on a failed conversion on third down after he was already stood up. Thanks, NFL! I'd temporarily forgotten why I hated your guts for the past few weeks, but I remember real quick now. This is the type of hit where a reduced helmet profile or no helmets instantly removes it from the game. If defenders don't feel like they have a forcefield around their heads they will simply won't lead with them.

DK3lcwrVYAAyFfO.jpg:large

Top Bottom