• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL '23/'24 |OT| Bradyless Edition

Who will win Super Bowl LVIII

• Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Philadelphia Eagles

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Buffalo Bills

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • San Francisco 49ers

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Cincinnati Bengals

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Baltimore Ravens

• Jacksonville Jaguars

• New York Jets

• Detroit Lions

• Los Angeles Chargers

• Seattle Seahawks

• Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Minnesota Vikings

• New Orleans Saints

• Atlanta Falcons

• Cleveland Browns

• New York Giants

• Denver Broncos

• Green Bay Packers

• Tennessee Titans

• New England Patriots

• Carolina Panthers

• Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
f0b.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I have the game on in the background so I'm not really following the commentating, but have seen most of the TDs.

For you guys talking bad D, maybe those plays they are blitzing leaving a man open? But if not, then ya some bad D where the safeties are nowhere to be found.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Love still going for passes. Incomplete stopping the clock. Insane. He could had just taken a knee and run down the clock to 2 min warning. Game should be over but you never know. Basically gave Dallas maybe 3 free plays to make a comeback.

Last edited:
Love still going for passes. Incomplete stopping the clock. Insane. He could had just taken a knee and run down the clock to 2 min warning. Game should be over but you never know. Basically gave Dallas maybe 3 free plays to make a comeback.
Yeah getting a tad casual but it shouldn't matter at this point. Good on the cowboys not giving up.

I will say this, Jordan Love this year has gotten absolutely no respect considering how well he has played. Matt Lafleur has done an amazing job this year with the offense given its lack of talent.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I will say this, Jordan Love this year has gotten absolutely no respect considering how well he has played. Matt Lafleur has done an amazing job this year with the offense given its lack of talent.
I'm not a big NFL fan, but watch games here and there and since ESPN is my main site there's always a lot of NFL chat.

But one thing I noticed is that Aaron Rodgers gets 10x more media coverage than Love. It's like the media wants to ignore GB and Love, whereas the GB days with Favre and Rodgers would get tons of attention.

BazookaBadger

Gold Member
Why is McCarthy getting slack? Dan Quinn is the def coordinator. Quinn has had issues in big games when his defense gets blown out or they blow big leads.

Remember the SB with Atlanta and New England?

BazookaBadger

Gold Member
Packers scored td's on 3 of their first 4 possessions. Of 2 of those drives, one was 12 plays for 75 yards and the other was 10 plays for 93 yards. McCarthy doesn't call the defense. That's all on Dan Quinn.

And that pick six before the half was the dagger.

Inspector Q

We finally have a game worth watching, at least. A bunch of young studs on both teams. Nacua is a beast after the catch. Gibbs is fast as fuck.

Stafford apparently still has a cannon for an arm. Dude is slinging it all over the place.

Let's hope it stays competitive. Sick of all these shitty blowouts.

demigod

Wow they called false start when it was encroachment by the defense. At least the refs today at the Cowboys game got that right.

Packers scored td's on 3 of their first 4 possessions. Of 2 of those drives, one was 12 plays for 75 yards and the other was 10 plays for 93 yards. McCarthy doesn't call the defense. That's all on Dan Quinn.

And that pick six before the half was the dagger.
I mean yeah your right that Quinn doesn't get his share of the blame sometimes but McCarthy's in game management has been questionable all year. However, Quinn's defense has struggled to finish teams off.

BazookaBadger

Gold Member
I mean yeah your right that Quinn doesn't get his share of the blame sometimes but McCarthy's in game management has been questionable all year. However, Quinn's defense has struggled to finish teams off.

Considering that Dallas was down by 27, I think McCarthy did a pretty good job keeping them in the game. Dallas scored 25 points in the second half. But then Green Bay came out and scored 3 tds on consecutive drives. Dallas D couldn't get stops when it mattered.

Last edited:
Considering that Dallas was down by 27, I think McCarthy did a pretty good job keeping them in the game. Dallas scored 25 points in the second half. But then Green Bay came out and scored 3 tds on consecutive drives. Dallas D couldn't get stops when it mattered.
Your right but if you had to choose who was on the hot seat on this Cowboys staff, who would you pick? Quinn or McCarthy?

No doubt that Quinn's defense shit the bed today but their defense is one of reasons they made the playoffs. McCarthy is known for underachieving with a talented roster.

BazookaBadger

Gold Member
Your right but if you had to choose who was on the hot seat on this Cowboys staff, who would you pick? Quinn or McCarthy?

No doubt that Quinn's defense shit the bed today but their defense is one of reasons they made the playoffs. McCarthy is known for underachieving with a talented roster.

Quinn. Offensive struggles have been a dak problem, not a McCarthy problem. And the def has shown to be inconsistent all season, especially against the run. This is the same d that let Arizona and Buffalo run through them.

demigod

Quinn. Offensive struggles have been a dak problem, not a McCarthy problem. And the def has shown to be inconsistent all season, especially against the run. This is the same d that let Arizona and Buffalo run through them.
McCarthy is the playcaller and his playcalling in this game was shit. I didn’t see Dak audible much until they were losing.

Nacua is beasting. Rams might win this.

bender

What time is it?

I think Quinn is a better leader and his tenure turned around one of the worst defenses in the league. Cowboys defense was snake bitten all season starting with Overshown in the preseason and Diggs/LVE early in the season and that shoulder injury to Gilly last week (which kudos to Packers coaching for going after him today). It's a defense that thrives on turnovers and looks average at best when they can't generate them. That said, I'm with you. I think his game plan today was terrible. I'd still take him over McCarthy, but I think both will be gone. Quinn will probably take a head coaching gig, especially if it is Seattle and McCarthy is getting fired.

What's really going to fuck the Cowboys is if someone hires Will McClay as a GM. He's the reason the team has drafted so well for so long. Being able to work with Jerry and Jerry listen to you isn't an easy task. It's why I have my doubts that Bill would come to Dallas even if he has a good relationship with Jerry and respects the franchise history. Working together is a different can of worms.

I just hope whoever it is convinces Jerry not to invest in Dak again which will be tough not because Jerry believes in Dak (I don't think Jerry wanted to pay Dak nearly as much as he did the last time around) but because it will be hard to get better than Dak in the short term and Jerry is getting WAY up there.

McCarthy is the playcaller and his playcalling in this game was shit. I didn’t see Dak audible much until they were losing.

Dak still has issues reading coverages and his accuracy is an issue. Both of those issues were on full display today.

Last edited:
Your so full of shit if you think Quinn was on the hot seat before this game. He was the leading candidate for the Seattle job. McCarthy job was to fix the the Dak problem. He didn't

demigod

Dak still has issues reading coverages and his accuracy is an issue. Both of those issues were on full display today.
Yeah it is, at least from what I saw little of the Commanders game last week. I’m surprised they didn’t fix it. They were short passes.

Fucking NBCDFW, just cut the lions/rams game for weather alert.
And the game came back and its over, fuckers.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Yeah it is, at least from what I saw little of the Commanders game last week. I’m surprised they didn’t fix it. They were short passes.

8 seasons and barring an extension, which they'll be forced to do, is set to count $59M against the Cowboys cap. That's all to say that I don't think he is fixable as he isn't early in his career and I don't really think you should be paying someone that needs those types of issues fixed.

edit: Happy for the Texans and Lions. I still think San Fran's path to the Superbowl is almost a lock.

Last edited:

BazookaBadger

Gold Member
Your so full of shit if you think Quinn was on the hot seat before this game. He was the leading candidate for the Seattle job. McCarthy job was to fix the the Dak problem. He didn't

Point out anything during the season that would make McCarthy on the hot seat. You won't find much. Hell look at dak's numbers during the regular season (4,516 yrds, 36 TD's, 9 INTs 2nd in the league in QBR) . You could've made a strong case for mvp with those stats prior to the playoffs.

And you didn't say who was on the hot seat prior to this game. You said who was on the hot seat, period. I agree with Bender, both are likely done in Dallas anyways.

I don't like McCarthy as a coach, but he was getting too much shit prior to the start of the season after ditching Kellen Moore, from so called analytics experts to NFL pundits. And considering where the chargers ended up, a lot of people were wrong.

I doubt there is any coach out there that can fix the Dak problem. There is still the issue with Tony Pollard. He's clearly lost a step since his surgery and hasn't been that explosive player he was in the past. A lot of question marks from a team that's been nothing but disappointing in the playoffs these last few years.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Not only did my Packers absolutely fucking shit on the Cowboys but the Cowboys once again getting dumpstered in the first round and being sent home with their tail between their legs might be my favorite football moment of the last like 10 weeks. And then on top of that fat Mike McCarthy might finally be shown the door as he should have been it last year? Absolute fucking heaven today for me.

I honestly cannot wait to go to work tomorrow and hear all of my co-workers bitch, whine, and moan about how the Cowboys lost. It's going to be like crack to my ears.

SpiceRacz

Point out anything during the season that would make McCarthy on the hot seat. You won't find much. Hell look at dak's numbers during the regular season (4,516 yrds, 36 TD's, 9 INTs 2nd in the league in QBR) . You could've made a strong case for mvp with those stats prior to the playoffs.

And you didn't say who was on the hot seat prior to this game. You said who was on the hot seat, period. I agree with Bender, both are likely done in Dallas anyways.

I don't like McCarthy as a coach, but he was getting too much shit prior to the start of the season after ditching Kellen Moore, from so called analytics experts to NFL pundits. And considering where the chargers ended up, a lot of people were wrong.

I doubt there is any coach out there that can fix the Dak problem. There is still the issue with Tony Pollard. He's clearly lost a step since his surgery and hasn't been that explosive player he was in the past. A lot of question marks from a team that's been nothing but disappointing in the playoffs these last few years.

They didn't hire McCarthy to just do well in the regular season. The team is just spinning their wheels at this point. Fingers can be pointed in different directions after today, but we're 4 seasons in now and do you honestly think it's going to get any better with McCarthy? The criticism is warranted.

BazookaBadger

Gold Member
They didn't hire McCarthy to just do well in the regular season. The team is just spinning their wheels at this point. Fingers can be pointed in different directions after today, but we're 4 seasons in now and do you honestly think it's going to get any better with McCarthy? The criticism is warranted.

Will it get any better with Dak at qb? Do people honestly think that once McCarthy disappears this team starts winning playoff games? People are begging for Belichick but what has he done since Brady left?

Any of the young OC's will want young teams to build around.

If (when) Quinn leaves they will be looking for a d coordinator too.

Good luck finding a coach that will tolerate Jerry for 2-4 years.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'm no NFL expert, but looking at Cowboys playoffs losing streak last 7-8 years, often times their defence is giving up more pts than usual. The offence is hit and miss, but the team is usually scoring 20-25 pts so that should be enough to won some games.

Maybe it's more the defensive coordinator and d-players choking than Dak and the head coach?

Top Bottom