• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2015 |OT| With the First Pick in the 2015 NFL Draft…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindlog

http://i.imgur.com/kJXGDg8.png

As a Cowboys fan, I hope Chip throws all his cards at Titans to move up.
Wheelin' and dealin'.
0ualXhB.png

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora
La'el Collins has requested to be made eligible for supplemental draft and removed from this weekend's draft, according to league sources...

It just makes no sense that Mariota is the guy to sell the farm for. He's not a once-in-a-decade talent at all.

Especially in hindsight of seeing so many read option guys get exposed. I'm not sold on him, at all. Winston can probably be a servicable starter and eventual backup QB, but Mariotta will be a complete disaster imo.

The problem with drafting spread QBs that high in the first round is that those teams don't really have the patience to sit them for a few years. Teams with high first round picks need starters, not a project.

ShaneB

Kevin Costner actually made the Browns look competent. Fitting that it was a fictional movie.

Actually it's pretty close to non-fiction to plenty of struggling sports teams. Have the greatest offseason and "win" the draft, and the movie ends as soon as the season starts.

effzee

Especially in hindsight of seeing so many read option guys get exposed. I'm not sold on him, at all. Winston can probably be a servicable starter and eventual backup QB, but Mariotta will be a complete disaster imo.

A. Less of a risk with the Eagles

B. What about Wilson?

C. We have seen run this same offense with Chip.

I think anywhere else yes but for Chip it makes too much sense.

BTW local radio guys pointing out Eagles have scheduled introduction presser tomorrow for their first round pick at 4pm. Which is unusual since most are around noon-1pm. Hmm maybe Mariota flying from Hawaii to Philly needs a lot of time.

B. What about Wilson?

BTW local radio guys pointing out Eagles have scheduled introduction presser tomorrow for their first round pick at 4pm. Which is unusual since most are around noon-1pm. Hmm maybe Mariota flying from Hawaii to Philly needs a lot of time.

chip-kelly-tongue.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That's not how the supplemental draft works. A team would have to give up their pick next year, probably a 2nd if he's cleared.

I know, but who would go after him in the supplemental now? The guy is making himself undraftable. What if he eventually requests to avoid that, too?

It just makes no sense that Mariota is the guy to sell the farm for. He's not a once-in-a-decade talent at all.

You can't wait for that kind of talent because they only come around once in a decade and you might not get him. Mariota offers more than any of the QBs in the last two drafts and I don't see anyone coming out next year that looks like a lock either. So its either gamble some on Mariota or go with a Ryan Fitzpatrick type that will never get you anywhere.

bigkrev

Kevin Costner actually made the Browns look competent. Fitting that it was a fictional movie.

I mean, the end result of that movie is that he gave away 3 2nd round picks to draft a guy who thought he wasn't going to be a first rounder, and a running back. That doesn't seem very good.

Ozone

B. What about Wilson?

It's happening, isn't it?

B. What about Wilson?

I agree Philly is probably the only place I can buy him doing well with.

Doesn't Wilson seem like an exception to the rule though? Super smart, hard working guy in a run first offense that doesn't necessarily demand he win games by himself.

giphy7ouu3.gif
giphy7ouu3.gif
giphy7ouu3.gif

UPDATE!!!!!!

NFL-GAF member and fellow Patriots Superfan Jbug617 has made the decision to give away a price to the highest scoring player in the Predict-The-Pick game! The overall winner will receive a 20$ gift card for either PSN or Xbox live!

You can't miss out on this opportunity to and show off how smart you are, and to win a grand prize!

So use the predict a pick machine on NFL.com and show us how it's done!

http://predictpick.nfl.com/groups/view/242

The password is Gronkislife (with a capital G).

giphy7ouu3.gif
giphy7ouu3.gif
giphy7ouu3.gif

effzee

I agree Philly is probably the only place I can buy him doing well with.

Doesn't Wilson seem like an exception to the rule though? Super smart, hard working guy in a run first offense that doesn't necessarily demand he win games by himself.

He is but Mariota sounds like the same guy.

Smart, great character, hard working, and he would be in a run first offense in Philly.

Only problem and difference is Wilson plays on a team with a dominant D and Eagles D is garbo.

But hey its either you go for it or wait a decade or so to somehow be lucky enough to land a Luck or Manning

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I really want the Bears to mortgage their entire franchise just to land Mariota.

That would be just the best thing ever.

MechDX

That he wasn't surprised Johnson left because athletes like Andre have trouble admitting their over their prime... (some bullshit along those lines)

Like anyone is dumb enough to pass on the chance to catch passes from this guy!

http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/omnisport/6f/1d/luck-andrew-042515-usnews-twitter-ftr_5xuhvsvjqnos1pipbwzc9cc9m.jpg?t=-258653236&w=1280&h=720&quality=90&cropTo=top[MG][/QUOTE]

Funny because it's true? He isn't a #1 WR anymore and his skills have diminished . Been saying it for two years now.

I really want the Bears to mortgage their entire franchise just to land Mariota.

That would be just the best thing ever.

As a Cowboys fan I would be really happy if this deal actually happens, but I definitely wouldn't bet that it will.

If it does, best draft ever!

Chip Kelly threw off a lot of coaches off with the Eagles offense last year, but there are football genius's getting paid millions figuring out how to defend it this offseason.

If he gets Mariotta just so he has a QB that intimately knows this system, it is going to backfire monumentally when defenses force them to adjust and Mariotta turns into Johnny Manziel on the field.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The only thing those prop bets sites measure is how well the ESPN hype-machine works. In this case, very well.

I was more making the comment about not knowing why Philly is obsessed with Mariota.

Enron

Banned
If Mariota was such a marginal talent, i don't think actual NFL talent evaluators and scouts would have him in the first round. Worthy of a #2 pick? Maybe not.

MechDX

Personally I hope Chip mortgages the franchise for the next couple years to get Mariota. If he fails the amount of Shit eagles fans will get will be epic.

Kriken

If Mariota was such a marginal talent, i don't think actual NFL talent evaluators and scouts would have him in the first round. Worthy of a #2 pick? Maybe not.

LOL

Edit: Actually scratch that, Jamarcus had the talent, but was lazy. Either way, scouting isn't a 100% science

effzee

Nah brag it's just ESPN hype which every single analyst of competing networks, radio networks, and sports world at large bought into.

I was more making the comment about not knowing why Philly is obsessed with Mariota.

Why? Cause Chip loves the guy. Coached him. Believes in him highly and oh because we don't have a franchise QB. Been kicking it around with guys like Kolb, Vick, Foles, and Sanchez.

At the point now that people are excited and willing to see this coach get a chance to draft his QB.

I don't know why we as fans or the Eagles as a team should worry about if it's a monumental bust Chip will be fired. Yeah no shit but who cares? If he doesn't make the move but they don't win the SB he will be gone anyway. Very rare coaches get more than 5 years anyway unless they are competing for a SB every year.

While Chip is here the Eagles need to be on board with all his moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom