• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2015 |OT| With the First Pick in the 2015 NFL Draft…

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Dan Kadar ‏@MockingTheDraft
The best thing about draft day is that you can literally say the most ridiculous thing about the Browns and people will think it's true.

I'll support my friend and fellow JFF believer Dutch Patriot and use this thread today unless Wes tells us otherwise

Kriken

I would rather trade down than take a quarterback I wasn't sold on. Drafting Marcus means the clock is ticking on the Titans regime; if he fails, everyone is gone. Drafting a couple cornerstone pieces while hoping to get something out of Mettenberger is a much safer option.

There's no way I would draft Mariota if I was Tennessee. Too many question marks.

Leonard Williams should be a no-brainer, best defensive linemen in the draft and there really isn't a need for Amari Cooper

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I would rather trade down than take a quarterback I wasn't sold on. Drafting Marcus means the clock is ticking on the Titans regime; if he fails, everyone is gone. Drafting a couple cornerstone pieces while hoping to get something out of Mettenberger is a much safer option.

There's no way I would draft Mariota if I was Tennessee. Too many question marks.

Well, the Titans did let Fisher flail around there for 15+ years. So, who knows. I do know that thinking Mariota is going to come in and look like the savior immediately is ridiculous.

Colasante

I think drafting Mariota would actually make the leash a little longer for Whisenhunt and Webster, since it'll infuse a sense of hope in the franchise and give them time for Mariota to develop. If they go with Mettenberger this year and end up with another top ten pick, I think they'll both be out of a job and someone else will be making that pick.

I don't like it, I hope we go Parker or Johnson if either (at least one should hopefully be) are available at 14.
Parker is definitely my choice if he's there but I doubt he will be. Where is all this Johnson buzz coming from? I feel like no one was talking about him and now he's a top 15 pick?

It's a RB in the first.
Yeah, I tend to agree. You can get great RB value in the 3rd round or so. I guess there is always the chance he could be really special but it's a very high risk move.

Parker is definitely my choice if he's there but I doubt he will be. Where is all this Johnson buzz coming from? I feel like no one was talking about him and now he's a top 15 pick?

Yeah, I tend to agree. You can get great RB value in the 3rd round or so. I guess there is always the chance he could be really special but it's a very high risk move.

I heard him get mentioned before at 14 for the dolphins, Mayock has him going to us too if both parker and johnson are gone I'd rather they trade down and pick up a guard.

LQX

6. New York Jets
9. New York Giants

It will be interesting to see what the Jets do as they NEED a QB. Gino is absolute shit and I'm not sure is even on par with good high school quarterbacks. I cant take another season of watching him fumble and look stupid all over the field. Giants also need a QB but if we can get another Odell we can get by with Eli until he is done next year.

6. New York Jets
9. New York Giants
stevie-j-joseline-pregnant-face.jpg

slabrock

Banned
I'm hoping to see some upset Bears fans in Chicago. The jets fans were always so satisfying to watch in the crowds at Radio City Music Hall

Deadbeat

Banned
This is bizarre. Not defending Winston but the notion that guys can't change when they enter the league is absurd. Otherwise Cam Newton would still be stealing laptops and Peyton Manning would still be sexual harassing women.
I was being facetious more than anything. But the media wont ever let up about it. We are in the age of outrage, and no matter how much of it is manufactured, it will follow him for a long time. What if another accusation comes up? Will they be forced to suspend him even if there is no basis? The outrage always assumes guilt over innocence.

Dash27

6. New York Jets
9. New York Giants

It will be interesting to see what the Jets do as they NEED a QB. Gino is absolute shit and I'm not sure is even on par with good high school quarterbacks. I cant take another season of watching him fumble and look stupid all over the field. Giants also need a QB but if we can get another Odell we can get by with Eli until he is done next year.

Giant's dont need an new QB. Upgrade the OLine and/or get Amari and it's all good.

Gigglepoo

I really hope the Eagles move up to draft Mariota. I wonder if part of the problem is finding a taker for Bradford. We've heard the Browns would offer a first, but surely someone with intelligence has talked them out of that move.

I really want to see Chip Kelly move up and get Mariota just for it to not work out.

There's nothing better than schadenfreude!

Jarnet87

if Collins ends up dropping the Bucs need to be all over it. One character issue guy may be enough for the Bucs front office though.

ACE 1991

I got nothin' against the Eagles, but Chip is absolutely insane and I'm from Seattle, cheering against him is what we do :D

Haha I'm just messin'. Honestly after all this Chip might as well sell the farm. If he really ends up being a franchise quarterback we have to do whatever it takes. Even if we do get him the Eagles are going to blow next year though, I highly doubt MM is gonna waltz in and be a huge playmaker year one.

Flacracker said Jameis was innocent tho

He is innocent. Erica couldn't keep her story straight. Changed it multiple times. What she has said goes against the physical evidence. The DA dropped the charges. Then when FSU had a former supreme court justice preside over the student code of conduct hearing, where the burden of proof is much less, he was still cleared.

Surprised you remembered me too.

Gigglepoo

Too bad we(Niners) don't have 22 draft picks because we literally need everything, especially on defense.

We're not that bad. We could use a middle linebacker and some cornerbacks, but our safeties and outside linebackers are alright, and we've still got some talent on the defensive line. And our offense is fine. Receivers are good, offensive line is sound (though we could use another guard), quarterback and running back is set. I'm worried The Disease is broken but maybe he can bounce back this year.

It just makes no sense that Mariota is the guy to sell the farm for. He's not a once-in-a-decade talent at all.

Neither was RGIII. It's what desperate teams do, though. I wonder how many times it's worked out. Even the Giants gave up way too much for Eli (Shawne Merriman was great).

Too bad we(Niners) don't have 22 draft picks because we literally need everything, especially on defense.

I was going to make a joke about how you can't draft coaches and then started thinking about how crazy it would be if you had to draft coaches too. Would Nick Saban be a first rounder this year?

gutshot

It just makes no sense that Mariota is the guy to sell the farm for. He's not a once-in-a-decade talent at all.

He's proven to be highly effective in Chip's system though. Multiple NFL personnel people around the league feel like he could be a Pro Bowl-caliber player in his first season if he lands on the Eagles.

6. New York Jets
9. New York Giants

Huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom