• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2015 |OT| With the First Pick in the 2015 NFL Draft…

Status
Not open for further replies.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
The Tomsula Era is off to a predictable and awful beginning. He will end up making Singletary look like an inspired choice for head coach.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
CD5Al6JWIAALV2_.png:large

lmao

tumblr_lnnz7not2E1ql141xo1_250.gif

KaYotiX

Banned
Wanted a LB but I guess a Safety/CB will do since we are thin there.

Also did Winston pay for those crab legs this time?

RBH

Best remaining players for Round 2:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000489095/article/2015-nfl-draft-best-remaining-prospects

15. La'el Collins, OT, LSU: 6-4 1/2, 305 pounds, 5.10 40
21. Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State: 6-2 3/8, 217 pounds, 4.41 40
23. Randy Gregory, OLB, Nebraska: 6-4 7/8, 235 pounds, 4.61 40
25. Landon Collins, SS, Alabama: 6-0, 228 pounds, 4.31 40
30. Jalen Collins, CB, LSU: 6-1 1/2, 203 pounds, 4.44 40
31. Jordan Phillips, DT, Oklahoma: 6-5 1/4, 329 pounds, 5.15 40
32. Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State: 6-foot-3 7/8, 336 pounds, 5.27 40
33. Jake Fisher, OT, Oregon: 6-6 1/8, 306 pounds, 4.97 40
34. Donovan Smith, OL, Penn State: 6-5 5/8, 338 pounds, 5.18 40
36. Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia: 6-3 1/8, 247 pounds, 4.58 40
37. Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State: 6-0 3/8, 196 pounds, 4.37 40
39. Benardrick McKinney, LB, Mississippi State: 6-4 1/8, 246 pounds, 4.62 40
42. T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh: 6-4 3/4, 309 pounds, 5.12 40
43. D'Joun Smith, CB, Florida Atlantic: 5-10, 187 pounds, 4.37 40
44. Eric Rowe, DB, Utah: 6-0 3/4, 205 pounds, 4.37 40
45. Preston Smith, DE, Mississippi State: 6-4 7/8, 271 pounds, 4.71 40
46. Tevin Coleman, RB, Indiana: 5-11 3/8, 206 pounds
47. Ronald Darby, DB, Florida State: 5-10 5/8, 193 pounds, 4.37 40
48. Denzel Perryman, LB, Miami: 5-10 3/4, 236 pounds, 4.68 40
49. Owamagbe Odighizuwa, DE, UCLA: 6-3 1/2, 267 pounds, 4.56 40/p/>
50. Eric Kendricks, LB, UCLA: 6-0 1/4, 232 pounds, 4.59 40
51. Danielle Hunter, DE, LSU: 6-5 1/8, 252 pounds, 4.56 40
52. Chris Conley, WR, Georgia: 6-1 7/8, 213 pounds, 4.33 40
53. Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor: 6-2 7/8, 230 pounds, 4.81 40
54. Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota: 6-3 7/8, 249 pounds, 4.78 40
55. Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Missouri: 6-5 1/8, 237 pounds, 4.43 40
57. Michael Bennett, DT, Ohio State: 6-2, 293 pounds, 5.01 40
58. Mario Edwards, Jr., DT, Florida State: 6-2 5/8, 279 pounds, 4.76 40
59. Carl Davis, DT, Iowa: 6-4 5/8, 320 pounds, 5.14 40
60. Jay Ajayi, RB, Boise State: 5-11 3/4, 221 pounds, 4.52 40
61. Duke Johnson, RB, Miami (Fla.): 5-9 1/8, 207 pounds, 4.50 40
63. P.J. Williams, DB, Florida State: 6-0, 194 pounds, 4.53 40
65. Nate Orchard, DE, Utah: 6-3 1/4, 250 pounds, 4.80 40
66. Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska: 5-8 3/4, 205 pounds, 4.50 40

Doorman

A picture of him eating crab legs at his party. scandalous.

More just the fact that on the day he's drafted he's already cracking jokes about his own off the field issues. It's signals that he still doesn't view the things he's done as being anything wrong, and he'll be more likely to pull other shit now that he'll have even more money and notoriety.

The Tomsula Era is off to a predictable and awful beginning. He will end up making Singletary look like an inspired choice for head coach.

doubtful. tomsula has actually coached and run a team before. singletary was good at one thing though: pulling his pants down at halftime

singletary took a team with a lot of talent and turned them into mediocre pieces of shit. tomsula will take an average team with some major losses and keep them average. we'll have a mid-round pick again next year.

maybe we will trade arik armstead to the chiefs next year for one of their recent draft busts

offtopic

doubtful. tomsula has actually coached and run a team before. singletary was good at one thing though: pulling his pants down at halftime

singletary took a team with a lot of talent and turned them into mediocre pieces of shit. tomsula will take an average team with some major losses and keep them average. we'll have a mid-round pick again next year.

maybe we will trade arik armstead to the chiefs next year for one of their recent draft busts

More conservative and even less creative on offense plus significantly worse on defense (and they weren't that good last year) is a recipe for complete failure. I admire your optimism at even suggesting they'll be mediocre but can't share it. Kaep should ask to be traded to Philly and the 49ers can stock up on draft picks for inevitable rebuild the next 3 years.

All about the trench with Farmer.

You know, I think this one might grow on me.

Two great picks. If we have shit at QB best thing to do is run and stop the run. We worked on both of those today. I dont even see this Erving as a "depth" OL pick. He'll replace Greco at guard while learning from Mack who will likely be gone next year. I'll take trench guys 10/10 times over WRs.

I figure best case scenario is either get lucky and Manziel shows he can be a decent QB this year OR worst case scenario is he remains terrible and we'll be bad enough to land our guy in hopefully a better QB class next year. Fail for Cardale!

Spinluck

Yes because WR is an obvious weakness on that roster. It was a dumb pick

Wasn't disagreeing with you bud.

I really think this is Grigson's last year. I should've seen this coming after his comments leading up to the draft. If it works it's going to be because of Luck and the fact that Dorsett is probably another Hilton.

I guess they feel confident in the FA OL signings, and I still think they pick one up this draft.

More conservative and even less creative on offense plus significantly worse on defense (and they weren't that good last year) is a recipe for complete failure. I admire your optimism at even suggesting they'll be mediocre but can't share it. Kaep should ask to be traded to Philly and the 49ers can stock up on draft picks for inevitable rebuild the next 3 years.

1. it would be extremely difficult to be less creative on offense than we were last year. extremely
2. we weren't good on defense last year? we were #5 in the league without aldon smith for most of year, without bowman for all of the year, without pwill for most of the year, without our #1 CB for most of the year, without our top 2 DT's for most of the year. will we be worse on defense this year? i expect so, but i don't expect us to turn into a bottom feeder on D

i don't think we are going to be an elite team but i think you have read too much from the talking heads about what a "disaster" it's going to be. save this post and talk to me at the end of the season so i can serve you up an old fashioned bag of dicks to consume at your leisure brotha!

MechDX

Wasn't disagreeing with you bud.

I really think this is Grigson's last year. I should've seen this coming after his comments leading up to the draft. If it works it's going to be because of Luck and the fact that Dorsett is probably another Hilton.

I guess they feel confident in the FA OL signings, and I still think they pick one up this draft.

My bad. Really is a head scratcher of a pick. Good defensive players still on the board and you pick TY Jr.

Spinluck

My bad. Really is a head scratcher of a pick. Good defensive players still on the board and you pick TY Jr.

Grigson is an idiot so whatever.

Maybe he honestly just sucks at evaluating defensive talent. Our best defensive players are from other teams, and one is from the CFL. He couldn't even tackle a scrambling Tammy.

MechDX

Hey I wanted another pass rusher and I got Jack Skellington at CB. Warming up to him but still not enthused.

Now I saw a no where near official report that the Texans are trying to trade Swearinger because team officials caught him and Clowney smoking some bud

Does Titans have a second round pick? If so they better not screw this one up. I wouldn't mind them drafting either Odighizuma or Kendricks from UCLA

offtopic

1. it would be extremely difficult to be less creative on offense than we were last year. extremely
2. we weren't good on defense last year? we were #5 in the league without aldon smith for most of year, without bowman for all of the year, without pwill for most of the year, without our #1 CB for most of the year, without our top 2 DT's for most of the year. will we be worse on defense this year? i expect so, but i don't expect us to turn into a bottom feeder on D

i don't think we are going to be an elite team but i think you have read too much from the talking heads about what a "disaster" it's going to be. save this post and talk to me at the end of the season so i can serve you up an old fashioned bag of dicks to consume at your leisure brotha!

Saved. They won't be bottom feeders on D but they will be even worse than this year without any legit corners and losing their ILB(s). That #5 rating last year is a placebo for the 49er fan as it doesn't take into account how they slowed the game down. I mean, fuck, their offense could take 7 minutes off the clock and move from the 20yd line to the 50yd line before punting and having their opponent start at their own 5yd line. The stat you want to look at for their D is points per opponent possession where they ranked 14th. Mid-pack, mediocre, average, middling, uninspired, etc, etc.

Looking at points or yards allowed is a smoke screen.

UberTag

Did the Jet do good tonight?
They had the best draft they possibly could have barring a trade down to land who they coveted had Williams not slipped and extra picks. And the reality is that they'll probably deal Wilkerson and get picks regardless... possibly more than they would have had they pulled the trigger on a deal hastily.

So yeah, I'd say they did good.

Loco4Coco

They had the best draft they possibly could have barring a trade down to land who they coveted had Williams not slipped and extra picks. And the reality is that they'll probably deal Wilkerson and get picks regardless... possibly more than they would have had they pulled the trigger on a deal hastily.

So yeah, I'd say they did good.

Nice, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom