• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2015 |OT| With the First Pick in the 2015 NFL Draft…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking scrub ass Cowboys picking up some undersized CB with injury issues that's gonna get trolled on by taller WR's.

edit:BTW I know Byron was rated high in the draft but I'm not a fan of 6' 1" CB's in today's NFL.

squicken

My guess is maybe Indy thinks they can get the home field and air it out vs NE in the playoffs. I think it's premature to just assume Brown is Wilfork, however. Texas players are usually soft, Earl being the exception

Jarnet87

Must be a pretty easy/boring day 1 for the team with the first overall pick lol, especially if there are no plans to trade back into the late 1st.

Bucs fans were split on Mariota or Winston, end of the day we got a QB which was the biggest concern. Time will tell if we made the right move getting either of these guys as the odds are probably both don't pan out. Day 2 and 3 are just as important for this team, so many holes to fill. I think they take their highest rated OL left on the board in round 2.

Is the Vikings' pick of Trae Waynes really that good?

Have heard nothing but praise so far for him, aside from some small clips that ESPN showed about him right after he was picked.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Fucking scrub ass Cowboys picking up some undersized CB with injury issues that's gonna get trolled on by taller WR's.

edit:BTW I know Byron was rated high in the draft but I'm not a fan of 6' 1" CB's in today's NFL.

LOL. Mad because he's undersized but you don't like 6' 1" corners? Are you drunk? The pick was fantastic.

Kal_El

I was really hoping that the Jets would go for Kevin White and Williams would fall to my Bears. Then we could jump on DGB in the 2nd. I'm still hoping for corner help so Darby, P.J Williams or Collins hopefully is our next pick. I think Mason and Bostic and be our inside guys for years to come. We need to stop Rodgers and Stafford....i guess Bridgewater also.

Crosseyes

Banned
Is the Vikings' pick of Trae Waynes really that good?

Have heard nothing but praise so far for him, aside from some small clips that ESPN showed about him right after he was picked.
He sounds like one of the best corners available out of the draft so nothing to be down about with the quality of the player. Only stuff I've seen is some people really thought they should've taken a WR with that Louisville guy still available but I don't buy that as I'm not 100% sold that Cordarrelle Patterson's a bust already.

RBH

i8cySoh.png

My guess is maybe Indy thinks they can get the home field and air it out vs NE in the playoffs. I think it's premature to just assume Brown is Wilfork, however. Texas players are usually soft, Earl being the exception

A day later, and I still don't really grasp it. I mean, I would have been pissed but more happy with a RB than a WR. What does it mean? Do they think they'll have trouble holding onto Hilton? Grasping at straws, I guess. First rounders should be guys that are coming in to contribute right away as possible starters, IMO. At best, this guy is going to be 4th string, and if Carter comes in swinging, maybe 5th. You have possibly a starting NT or S or T sitting there for the taking and you grab a WR who will be 4-5 deep on your depth chart? I dont even care if he ends up being a returner (although it would get rid of Cribbs.... hmmm.....).

I'm almost always down for BPA, but you're sitting there with a pretty good amount of options at positions of need.... I just dont get it. This guy better be as good as the last WR they drafted in the first round... also from "The U", or this will be two years in a row the Colts first round pick was pretty much tossed into a dumpster fire.

Positive take is if they bring in a magician and he or she uses some sort of spell to make the offensive line not shitty.... this offensive's potential is insane. Luck will absolutely be my first round pick in fantasy this year.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I still got drunk as fuck after the Jets' pick, but for a completely different reason. Still can't believe Williams fell into their laps.

This hangover sucks, though.

jwhit28

I wonder if teams like the Titans go to players like Zack Mettenberger and let them know there is no way they will actually be the 2015 day 1 starter. Do they let them know they are just being used for posturing? Either way I hope they finally have a face of the franchise player again. They haven't had one since Chris Johnson's 2,000 yard year. Maybe Mariotta will at least make it 10 years in the league (RIP VY and Jake Locker).

Spinluck

That was my thought too.

NE is the only team in the league that is able to shut down our entire receiver corp.

Maybe they will still address the run defense ;_;

cajunator

Banned
I like the Saints picks. Beef up the oline for Brees with Peat and finally adding an ILB with some good instincts and physicality. A De would have been great too but they seem to have some significant character questions and right now thats the last thing Saints locker room needs.

A day later, and I still don't really grasp it. I mean, I would have been pissed but more happy with a RB than a WR. What does it mean? Do they think they'll have trouble holding onto Hilton? Grasping at straws, I guess. First rounders should be guys that are coming in to contribute right away as possible starters, IMO. At best, this guy is going to be 4th string, and if Carter comes in swinging, maybe 5th. You have possibly a starting NT or S or T sitting there for the taking and you grab a WR who will be 4-5 deep on your depth chart? I dont even care if he ends up being a returner (although it would get rid of Cribbs.... hmmm.....).

I'm almost always down for BPA, but you're sitting there with a pretty good amount of options at positions of need.... I just dont get it. This guy better be as good as the last WR they drafted in the first round... also from "The U", or this will be two years in a row the Colts first round pick was pretty much tossed into a dumpster fire.

Positive take is if they bring in a magician and he or she uses some sort of spell to make the offensive line not shitty.... this offensive's potential is insane. Luck will absolutely be my first round pick in fantasy this year.
Yeah, I don't think I would have chosen Dorsett, but they have to honestly believe TY is too expensive to pay and/or that Dorsett was the only top tier "playmaker" left on the board over a Brown or a Collins on D.

I will say that having a current WR from The U being able to teach a new kid from The U to be the next Reggie next to TY's Marvin...that's pretty cool. And Pep Hamilton better have some 5 WR sets because hot damn, so many weapons for Andrew Luck this year.

Bowser

I don't want to hear Colts and Texans fans bitch when Carolina took a borderline day 2 weakside linebacker with their pick...smh

WTF??? 6'1" is a good size and even considered "big" for a CB. As a Dallas fan I love the pick. Richard Sherman who is considered as "huge" for a CB is 6'3" and weighs less than Jones.

Please don't talk about Bae Brown like that.

Spinluck

I really don't believe in drafting to beat "a team" it is fucking stupid.

We have way too many WR on the squad. What's the point of signing all these guys if you draft one in the fist? Fucking Grigson must be snorting it up with Jimmy.

Is this a really strong WR class? Or are all the other positions lacking? I cannot recall the last time I've seen this many go in the first. I think it's funny to see delusional Colts fans claim Bill would've drafted Dorsett if we didn't... Yeah cause the Pats are so notorious for drafting WRs in the first round.

Also, not to be a dick, but I'm not to bothered by the other AFC South picks. If anything the Jags probably had the best pick. I'm not at all worried about Matriota, and the Texans have had good running backs for a while. Still wish we went O-line or D-line. We better take a Safety or LB this coming round.

Still trying to wrap my head around the Packers pick too. Why are you using a first round pick on a player you're projecting to play another position? That's the main concern for me. It sounds like he has some experience at corner too but it just seems like a weird 1st round choice. And I know you don't really look at your current roster when you're drafting (especially if you're Ted), but we already have hybrid safety/corner players like Hyde anyway. I don't know much about this year's draft class but is he really the best available there considering you're looking to move his position? And beyond that, even though dimensions aren't everything it's not like he adds height, or even physicality for that matter, which we're lacking in our secondary.

I trust the Silver Fox though..

Spinluck

Yeah, I don't think I would have chosen Dorsett, but they have to honestly believe TY is too expensive to pay and/or that Dorsett was the only top tier "playmaker" left on the board over a Brown or a Collins on D.

I will say that having a current WR from The U being able to teach a new kid from The U to be the next Reggie next to TY's Marvin...that's pretty cool. And Pep Hamilton better have some 5 WR sets because hot damn, so many weapons for Andrew Luck this year.

I don't want to lose TY.

But that new douche agent he got in the off-season will make things difficult.

#FireGetts

#BringBackHurney

EDIT:Actually Hurney is on record saying that he likes Shaq and probably would have picked him at 25 too.

So it's basically #ContractThePanthers

#CamToDallas

Still trying to wrap my head around the Packers pick too. Why are you using a first round pick on a player you're projecting to play another position? That's the main concern for me. It sounds like he has some experience at corner too but it just seems like a weird 1st round choice. And I know you don't really look at your current roster when you're drafting (especially if you're Ted), but we already have hybrid safety/corner players like Hyde anyway. I don't know much about this year's draft class but is he really the best available there considering you're looking to move his position? And beyond that, even though dimensions aren't everything it's not like he adds height, or even physicality for that matter, which we're lacking in our secondary.

I trust the Silver Fox though..

It doesn't sound like you do.

I don't want to hear Colts and Texans fans bitch when Carolina took a borderline day 2 weakside linebacker with their pick...smh

I'm sorry, but the Colts pick is brain dead to me.

The Colts already have Hilton, Moncrief, Andre Johnson AND Coby Fleener. They even went and got Gore in Free Agency. Why go Receiver in the first? And he's a shrimp to boot? Andrew Luck scored the most TDs in the league last year.

On top of that, the Colts D sucks ass. Hard. Their coach is a defensive minded coach that came from a defensive team, and you go 5'10" receiver in the first when your D is starving for impact players?

i-can-t-even-o.gif

therealPeterman

Neo Member
I like the Saints picks. Beef up the oline for Brees with Peat and finally adding an ILB with some good instincts and physicality. A De would have been great too but they seem to have some significant character questions and right now thats the last thing Saints locker room needs.

They did a great job IMO, very smart picks. I'm hopeful they'll pick up Randy Gregory in Round 2. If he can stay clean he'll be a terror, but dat New Orleans night life.

cajunator

Banned
They did a great job IMO, very smart picks. I'm hopeful they'll pick up Randy Gregory in Round 2. If he can stay clean he'll be a terror, but dat New Orleans night life.

Nfl.com thinks Andrus was a mistake but solid OL players are quite important. I think if Shane and Randy didnt have character issues we would have gone for one of those first though.
it all starts on the lines. If Brees has that solid pocket again it doesnt matter who is out there receiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom