• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2015 |OT| With the First Pick in the 2015 NFL Draft…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lions get Abdullah

anchorman.jpg

Missing an interview and being late to the rest of them. Also,

Some people have speculated that he's got a mental condition like OCD or ADHD. The reason no one wants to go on record about it is the fear of mental health issues right now. Gregory could smoke up as a way to self medicate

Doorman

Hmmm...I don't dislike Abdullah, I'm not sure that I'm sold on taking him at this point, though. Our ability to gauge second round running backs hasn't exactly been stout of late, but here's hoping the improved young o-line gives him enough of a hole to burst through.

Wonder what this might mean for the Chronicles of Riddick, though.

Godslay

Banned
Some people have speculated that he's got a mental condition like OCD or ADHD. The reason no one wants to go on record about it is the fear of mental health issues right now. Gregory could smoke up as a way to self medicate

There are plenty of good legal solutions for that. OCD or ADHD are hardly mental issues that a team would avoid. Teams typically do their homework. There is probably something worse at play.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
This is awkward for Kas

:jnc I'll buy Abdullahs jersey if he's good.

I like the pick. I didn't do to much research on the guy but just watched some film and read up on him a little bit:

STRENGTHS Decisive runner with good lower-body drive and a willingness to run behind his pads. Finishes his runs. Has NFL-caliber burst and can hit top speed quickly.

And this is absolutely huge IMO:

Hasn't dropped a pass in two years and can be a valuable weapon in passing attack

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/ameer-abdullah?id=2552374

Going to be a great check down option for Stafford.

Now we can focus on defense and grab a receiver with our 5th round pick.

:jnc I'll buy Abdullahs jersey if he's good.

I like the pick. I didn't do to much research on the guy but just watched some film and read up on him a little bit:

And this is absolutely huge IMO:

Hasn't dropped a pass in two years and can be a valuable weapon in passing attack

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/ameer-abdullah?id=2552374

Going to be a great check down option for Stafford.

Now we can focus on defense and grab a receiver with our 5th round pick.

he doesn't drop passes but does drop the ball when running. no biggie!

There are plenty of good legal solutions for that. OCD or ADHD are hardly mental issues that a team would avoid. Teams typically do their homework. There is probably something worse at play.

Here's the article suggesting its a mental issue. They mention anxiety or depression instead of OCD but I think the gist is the same. Football players are under a ton of pressure in the season and that can make the situation worse.

http://deadspin.com/something-weird...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Next pick will be a wr that can stretch the field for us........ Or if strong is still available....

We have enough picks to rule the world though

Godslay

Banned
Hmmm, can't really pick out which way Broncos will go. I know everyone says OL, but I'm thinking they are going there in the later rounds. Could be wrong, I've had a tough time gauging so far. Personally, I think all those OL interviews were to find diamonds in the rough.

That's a slightly undersized CB, guy looks like a damn good athlete though.

Dajanksta

Banned
I swear to god if the Seahawks get Strong and he destroys us for years to come like everyone else they get I'm going to lose my mind!

BigAT

Hey, thank you so much for having that gif. I saw that film on video and made the gif years ago, and thought I lost it to time. It's back home on the HD.

I had a really hard time finding it a while ago, stumbled upon it recently while trying to find something else and had to save it.

Do we have a third round pick?

I'm fading something fierce, I'm old as fuck now man. :(
Yes, and like 3 4th round picks. I feel we could trade out of some of the later picks for next year. Unless we starting trading up for ppl
... Farmer could be a hoarder though

Godslay

Banned
Here's the article suggesting its a mental issue. They mention anxiety or depression instead of OCD but I think the gist is the same. Football players are under a ton of pressure in the season and that can make the situation worse.

http://deadspin.com/something-weird...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

I get that. They (athletes in general) still have plenty of options at their disposal if they reach out. He wouldn't be the first one facing performance anxiety or depression as an athlete. I understand that there is a stigma around it, but if it was out there I'm sure teams would be willing to get him help, especially if (as bad as it sounds) he is talented. I just wonder if there is something beyond that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom