• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2015 |OT| With the First Pick in the 2015 NFL Draft…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not reasonable. Sam Barrington is pretty much our only ILB, so I'm not sure what the hell Thompson is thinking.
They were SB caliber with dog shit at ILB (and the team's best edge rusher playing there out of position), mostly because the back end was so strong. Tramon and House left, back end was weakened, Ted's bringing in reinforcements.

Also, seems pretty likely they're keeping Clay at ILB.

Rollins highlight reel, apparently he's played CB for just one year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLdUzLe206M&t=1m35s

Biggest question mark is straight line speed (and how well he can improve his technique), but he's got the ball skills...

Schefter on Gregory:

Randy Gregory's representatives made it clear that, whichever team drafts him, needs to have a support system in place that would be expected to include a security person and a personal handler who would follow Gregory at all times. To Gregory and his representatives, it didn't matter where in the draft he went, but where in the NFL he went. He was adamant that it would be with a team that would support him. Dallas has been through similar experiences in the past, providing helpers to wide receiver Dez Bryant after he was drafted. And there are expected to be Gregory Rules and followers in Dallas as well.

MechDX

Ok, it wasn't as bad as it was going to be but still better options. Texans trading up again with the Jets, now. It's a WR.--Twitter

Ouch, Seahawks traded up and took Tyler Lockett. That was going to be the Texans pick

Well fuck.

Colasante

Feel genuinely ill about that Jordan Richards pick. Oh well. Should have expected it. Hopefully something more enjoyable happens in the 3rd round.

Bessy67

They were SB caliber with dog shit at ILB (and the team's best edge rusher playing there out of position), mostly because the back end was so strong. Tramon and House left, back end was weakened, Ted's bringing in reinforcements.

Also, seems pretty likely they're keeping Clay at ILB.

Rollins highlight reel, apparently he's played CB for just one year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLdUzLe206M&t=1m35s

Biggest question mark is straight line speed (and how well he can improve his technique), but he's got the ball skills...
But when there's literally only one person on the depth chart for a position you need to get more players at that position. If Barrington goes down we have no other ILBs. I guess Clay got some play there last season but still, not sure why you take one of the premier edge rushers and force him to play inside instead of just getting an actual ILB.

cdyhybrid

Michigan DE Frank Clark

Clark hasn't done any drills yet, and it may not matter when he does. A middle-round prospect from a pure talent perspective, Clark was kicked off the Michigan football team after a serious domestic incident in which he was accused of assaulting his girlfriend in a hotel room. There's no way to get around that in the combine media scramble, but Clark didn't even try. After a perfunctory statement about how he's going through counseling and has learned from his mistakes, Clark changed the landscape by essentially blaming the victim.

"The detail I did get into I did with NFL teams. When we were in the room, the person involved [his girlfriend] let something get out of hand and took something further than what it was planned. You look at a phone and nowadays these phones get a lot of people in trouble. I’m not saying I’m a womanizer or anything of that nature. I’m just saying it was a confrontation between me and one of my friends and the woman involved took it to another level that it shouldn’t have been taken to.

"That’s fine. I’m not throwing her under the bus. I’m not saying she did anything wrong. I’m just saying that a lot of things that happened in that room that night could have been avoided."

Some who analyze the draft for a living deemed Clark undraftable for the incident alone, but when you add in this abdication of responsibility, and the NFL's increased focus on domestic violence, it's tough to imagine a situation in which Clark is very high on any draft board.

image.php

But when there's literally only one person on the depth chart for a position you need to get more players at that position. If Barrington goes down we have no other ILBs. I guess Clay got some play there last season but still, not sure why you take one of the premier edge rushers and force him to play inside instead of just getting an actual ILB.
He can't stay healthy outside. 15/16 games inside > 10 outside

But that is just my opinion, I wanted to move him inside well before they actually did it!

re: depth, I think the assumption is that they can find warm bodies on the street that are better than Brad Jones. I believe that is certainly true

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm guessing the ILBs that TT would have wanted were long gone before we picked anyway. No point reaching in the second round for depth when you're looking for a quality starter.

I'm guessing the ILBs that TT would have wanted were long gone before we picked anyway. No point reaching in the second round for depth when you're looking for a quality starter.
Yeah. I think they just wanted DBs as much as ILBs, and there are more good DBs than good ILBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom