• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2016 |OT| Where One Gasmask Can Change a Career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

this nfl draft stuff makes me want to bust out an old madden and sim the first season while tearing a team down for draft picks. then i remembered you get locked to 10 at most :(

Cagey

Banned
Haven't dug deep in Thompson yet but you gotta love the Shepard pick. Even if Cruz isn't back to his normal self, having someone who isn't a lazy fuck (Randle, enjoy Eagles-GAF!) complement Beckham is a blessing.

Regardless of where Thompson's particular skills may be, he's a major upgrade at a spot we needed.

Shepard is going to be looked back at as one of the biggest steals of the draft. He's an excellent combination of Odell and literally every single aspect Randle sucked at.

Now the Giants need a RT in round 4. Though maybe they can strike a deal with the Niners for their tackle that's up for trade.

Shepard will be the best player we picked today by a considerable margin. I envision Apple leaving after year 5 and getting overpaid elsewhere or a one year prove-it style deal for post-rookie contract players who haven't shown enough to justify big dollars.

Shepard, though, man that makes me happy. Forget pairing Beckham with his opposite (large, slow, Treadwell) for diversity sake; blow the doors off opposing defenses with speed and exquisite route running. My draft would have looked like Jack/Shepard, Tunsil/Shepard, Joseph/Shepard, or Coleman/Reed if I'm being honest on how it played out in real time. Obviously Jack based on an incomplete view of his medical.

Thoughts for the Giants fans: is Jon Williams a luxury pick? Andre Williams is legitimately one of the worst running backs in professional football, Rashad Jennings (who I have an affinity for) is slow and constantly hurt, and Darkwa is replacement-level talent. We need an RB.

But we need players with upside at both guard and tackle spots (RG/RT at a minimum, depending on how highly you view Flowers and Pugh) and more bodies along the DL are necessary. Not to mention our perpetual lack of linebacking talent.

Thank you Mayock for pretty much saying Analytics aren't the only thing the Browns are and other teams do it. Pretty much saying the media is putting a over emphasis on it, with is true

MechDX

Man the Browns are doing work.

0SSxEQr.jpg

sorry Kave. Just love the image

Beach

McGloin is gone after next year
Wouldn't mind Cook playing under Carr and build trade status ala Brady and Pats

Definition of pump and dump

Plus McGloin has the arm strength of a mouse

Huh, I'd go all defense if I was the Raiders. If you want a qb for a quality backup, I'm sure a college free agent might do better than Cook but eh, we'll see.

Eleuin

Schobert is a baller, wonder when eznark's son stave gets picked

I think round 4 is ted's best by far, hope we get somebody decent. Wishlist would probably be

cash - s
perry, brothers, kwia, morrison - ilb
adams, crazy fucker highbee - te
gronk - gronk

Guess he's an upgrade to McG and future trade bait maybe.

Still would have preferred Scooby, but maybe next round, he may hang around. Scooby and Tyler Ervin are my guys today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom