• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2016 |OT| Where One Gasmask Can Change a Career

Status
Not open for further replies.

rando14

Texans on the clock! Hold me Rando

Tyler Ervin
lQCBanu.png

Texans have a NEED FOR SPEEEEED!!

andycapps

I had RB as a the position of need after OT. Now we're looking at the sixth round for running backs.

Mitchell does look good, I'm just upset at the lack of a running back.

Mitchell is a playmaking wide receiver that is a great blocker. He's going to thrive in the Patriots system.

Not sure who will be throwing to him for the first 4 games, but I don't see how he doesn't start right away since he's been running NFL routes for years, is super smart, and is very physical.

Duxxy3

WR is a bigger need than RB. Pats have a mediocre RB in Blount, and if healthy they have a weapon in Lewis. Pats only have 1 reliable WR, and due to how he plays you can't count on him making it through the season in one piece. WR is a much bigger need on this team than RB. Getting Edelman 100+ catches is playing with fire. He's still an injury prone player, and if he goes down you are fucked at WR. We saw that last year.

Didn't have anything resembling a running game by the end of the year. Not even the threat of a running game. Teams were able to tee off on Brady because they knew they didn't have to defend the run at all.

It'll be nice to have Blount and Lewis back, but Blount is just about 30 and has lost more than a few steps. Lewis relies on sharp cuts too elude people and he's coming off of a knee injury. Neither back can be reliably counted on.

I like the Mitchell pick (far more than anything in the third round), but we need a running back. In the super bowl last year we had Blount and Vereen. Seattle had to account for them. Denver didn't give a shit about Steven Jackson or James White, and for good reason.

Doorman

I was still out for a walk when the draft started so I missed the Lions pick as it happened. Pretty satisfied with the Killebrew pick, we needed another safety and it sounds like he's not at all afraid to get physical and make hits. If he can be taught to channel that power to disrupt the ball he'll make a nice compliment beside Glover. Lions in general are having a very quiet draft but a solid one, touching on most of our most pressing needs in some way or another (except for Linebacker, but the level of talent available as we head into round five isn't something I'll be salivating over anyway).

Also lol at Connor Cook finally coming off the board to Oakland. Perfect home for him to land in.

I was still out for a walk when the draft started so I missed the Lions pick as it happened. Pretty satisfied with the Killebrew pick, we needed another safety and it sounds like he's not at all afraid to get physical and make hits. If he can be taught to channel that power to disrupt the ball he'll make a nice compliment beside Glover. Lions in general are having a very quiet draft but a solid one, touching on most of our most pressing needs in some way or another (except for Linebacker, but the level of talent available as we head into round five isn't something I'll be salivating over anyway).

Also lol at Connor Cook finally coming off the board to Oakland. Perfect home for him to land in.

I'd also argue we could use a stronger #3 WR. Is the thought that Fuller's going to be that guy right now?

MechDX

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 1m1 minute ago
RB Tyler Ervin ran a 4.40 at combine. Akeem Hunt, who played last season, ran 4.40 and 4.31 at his pro day. Lamar Miller ran 4.40 at combine

Got damn. AFCS defenses better get some cardio in....

Im fucking love this draft for the bengals. We took two picks from the steelers, woth a decent wr and cb, got a steal at lineback possibly and a linebacker who could help.
Make Marvin GM only.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
As far as Jerald Hawkins goes, I'm going to let Munchak coach him up. There's tools to work with there. If he can progress enough to make the squad, he won't be needed to start anytime soon. Hopefully.

harSon

Banned
As far as Jerald Hawkins goes, I'm going to let Munchak coach him up. There's tools to work with there. If he can progress enough to make the squad, he won't be needed to start anytime soon. Hopefully.

Our whole draft seems like raw athletic talent who need to be coached up

Are the browns even gonna be able to keep all their rooks? I don't see how more than half will make the 53. Put some on the practice squad but they'll be poached.

Doorman

NFL Network had to cut to commercial because the crew couldn't handle Beavers and Bush going back to back.
I hope this clip makes its way online somewhere, because I missed it and would love to see.

I'd also argue we could use a stronger #3 WR. Is the thought that Fuller's going to be that guy right now?
Maybe? I wouldn't be against another wideout but I do think that the defensive deficiencies are more pressing to address in the earlier rounds. We have three sixth-round picks and if you want to throw one or two of those at WR lottery tickets for a depth guy to see if anyone shakes out, then so be it. If Stafford's going to be as good as the staff still believes him to be, and the line is supposed to be improved with two of our first three picks, then he shouldn't need top-tier talent in order to make the offense functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom