• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2016 |OT| Where One Gasmask Can Change a Career

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Eifert, Green, Lafell, and Bord.
Alright if Bird and Lafell can fulfill we are gonna be better than last year easily. Our defense is gonna be a fucking monster.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
James R. Harrison
‏@TheGrandstandUS

Eagles fans actually drove to the airport to boo Carson Wentz before he even takes an NFL snap. That fanbase should be embarrassed.

Gil Brandt's, best left from his top 100

53. Devontae Booker, RB, Utah (5-10 3/4, 219, no 40 time)

67. Zack Sanchez, CB, Oklahoma (5-10 7/8, 181, 4.49 40)

71. Jordan Howard, RB, Indiana (6-0 1/8, 223, 4.59 40)

74. Christian Westerman, OG, Arizona State (6-3 1/8, 298, 5.17 40)

80. Kenneth Dixon, RB, Louisiana Tech (5-10 1/8, 215, 4.58 40)

81. Dak Prescott, QB, Mississippi State (6-2 1/4, 226, 4.79 40)

83. DeAndre Houston-Carson, S, William & Mary (6-0 3/4, 201, 4.54 40)

94. Vadal Alexander, OG, LSU (6-5 1/4, 326, 5.57 40)

96. Blake Martinez, ILB, Stanford (6-1 5/8, 237, 4.71 40)

97. Joe Dahl, OG, Washington State (6-4 1/8, 304, 5.18 40)

100. Kolby Listenbee, WR, TCU (6-0, 197, 4.37 40)

I hope this clip makes its way online somewhere, because I missed it and would love to see.

Maybe? I wouldn't be against another wideout but I do think that the defensive deficiencies are more pressing to address in the earlier rounds. We have three sixth-round picks and if you want to throw one or two of those at WR lottery tickets for a depth guy to see if anyone shakes out, then so be it. If Stafford's going to be as good as the staff still believes him to be, and the line is supposed to be improved with two of our first three picks, then he shouldn't need top-tier talent in order to make the offense functional.

Valid point, and yeah, the LB talent gets very thin behind Whitehead/Tulloch/Levy, especially since it looks like Van Noy is a total bust.

... Fuck it, let's draft that German guy in the 7th round. :v #PatriotWay

Striker

He'll contribute day one to special teams. Quinn apparently loves the kid. I think Drax is right - Herzlich likely a goner.
Good ST'er but Herz is limited on the field. Not a big loss. I would expect Goodson to challenge for a job but ultimately start poppin' dudes on Specials. New LB coach also likened to him.

TheFatOne

Around The NFLVerified account
‏@AroundTheNFL
TRADE: Dolphins trade their No. 147 pick to Patriots for their Nos. 196, 204 and 250 picks

TraBuch

Banned
What the fuck, Baalke? Now you're drafting a dude that was suspended all of 2014 and didn't play in 2015? Fuck off. Stop trying to look smart. Draft Jeremy Cash and move him to LB. Stop the run. You suck.

I'd also argue we could use a stronger #3 WR. Is the thought that Fuller's going to be that guy right now?

I'd support drafting a big WR. I love Burbridge from MSU but that seems like it would be redundant - we have quite a few small WRs, it's time to find a bigger guy. Fuller was supposed to be that guy but he has shown nothing IMO, and I can't imagine him making the roster this year.

Quinn said it best: rounds 4-7 are moreso about trying to find the best available guy; if you're drafting purely for need this late you fucked up your draft on day 1 and 2. I like the safety we got, hoping we go LB next. Wouldn't mind more OL/DL depth plus a WR. Also I agree a backup QB makes sense. Either Stanford's QB or the Indiana QB.

bigosc2k

Banned
What the fuck, Baalke? Now you're drafting a dude that was suspended all of 2014 and didn't play in 2015? Fuck off. Stop trying to look smart. Draft Jeremy Cash and move him to LB. Stop the run. You suck.

He needs to be fired by the end of the season.

Dixon just got got by the Ravens
ertha-laughingx9yoj.gif

Hackenberg wasn't an awful pick, he just went to the wrong system.
Jets are designed to win now. They have some young talent but they built a team that expects to be competitive right now, even with their quarterback situation being in flux.

Hackenberg is raw as hell but he could be quite good, given he works on his footwork and gets a stable OL. He DOES need a veteran quarterback to lead him. Hackenberg would have benefited from going to, maybe, New Orleans or even New England, to learn from a guy who is getting older in age, but still a proficient starter.

Hackenberg will seriously have to show Geno and Petty some things, lol.

If I am the Jets, I resign Fitz to a two year deal, cut Geno, and let Hackenberg get SOME decent veteran knowledge. Fitz is very much an average quarterback but the dude is smart as hell and Hackenberg is naturally more gifted than Fitz, so I think it could work.

Duxxy3

Pumped about Booker. Perfect fit and nice complement to CJ and Ronnie. Poor mans Arian Foster to start off.

His Knee is a bit of a concern, and I believe he will be 24 sometime during his rookie year (so he's a couple years older than your average rookie). He had some ball controls issues, but I think that goes away after training camp.

I think he'll be a great back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom