• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2017 (Apr. 27-29) |OT| The Busts of Tomorrow...Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

Maybe I'm reading too much into it. Barnett is a beast though. So hopefully him getting to the QB will take pressure off of the CBs.

Graham- Jerrigan- Cox- Barnett could be a nice starting 4 with Long, Smith, and Curry rotating in. I do like it.

He's only 20 too. Lots of time to grow. The Eagles are drafting players younger than me and it's sad.

I would think that line to start week 1 will be Graham, Jerrigan, Cox, and Long. I think unless Barnett lights it up in camp he will be brought in slowly on passing downs.

Of course, they rotate a lot so all the DEs will play a lot.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Didn't schefty say Browns were drafting Trubisky number one yesterday 🤔🤔
Mary kay is his source.

Oh wow, Njoku and Devalve it is. Looks like Gary will get a head start on finding a new team. Thought Gary could maybe be a mentor to Njoku, dudes like only 20.

Floy's boy gone.

Anytime Floy has a boy they vanish.

Barnidge, Trent Truck, Weeden, Colt McCoy, Manziel and especially Justin Gilbert.

Damn.

Hindl

I would think that line to start week 1 will be Graham, Jerrigan, Cox, and Long. I think unless Barnett lights it up in camp he will be brought in slowly on passing downs.

Of course, they rotate a lot so all the DEs will play a lot.

Yeah you're probably right. Especially since Barnett is a RDE, which is where BG plays. Probably to start him out they'll have him be the backup behind BG unless he really impresses in camp. Still I see him getting around 40-50% of the snaps at least in this rotation

Duxxy3

They apparently rebuffed some serious offers this offseason.

I mean, you're not getting rid of Brady if he wins an MVP this season or another Super Bowl, but considering how they got the cap this year it's not actually a bad deal.

Tom is definitely at the end, or near it.

So what do they do? If they wait too long they could end up going back to pre-Kraft Patriots. If they go to soon they could miss out on multiple titles.

There is absolutely no certainty one way or the other.

Pepiope

Kevin Seifert ✔ @SeifertESPN
Wow. Per @mortreport, even @ChicagoBears coach John Fox didn’t know about plan to draft QB Mitchell Trubisky until a couple hours before.

Come on Chicago.

Jarnet87

Kevin Seifert ✔ @SeifertESPN
Wow. Per @mortreport, even @ChicagoBears coach John Fox didn’t know about plan to draft QB Mitchell Trubisky until a couple hours before.

Come on Chicago.

Carolina did the same thing, or it appears that way with John Fox making comments that he watched no tape on Clausen when they drafted him.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 17m17 minutes ago

#Browns & #Bengals touched base regarding a potential trade for QB AJ McCarron. Doesn’t sound like they’ve gotten too far. Price is high.

giphy.gif

Mindlog

Greg Auman‏Verified account @gregauman

Koetter said first day in pads at Senior Bowl, he saw enough in O.J. Howard that he told Licht he knew who he wanted, got up, walked away.
Ball juice.

Ben is lobbying for better weapons even though he has one of the best WR's and the best all around RB in the league.
What.. what more does he need?

Bryant is back and they have another possible weapon in Coates..

Their backup RB would probably be starting somewhere..

They don't need anything else.

squicken

Got a feeling the Vikings will take Mixon if he is there at 48. Zimmer has mentioned several times he was most frustrated by the running game last year, AP is gone, and they are not worried about PR fallout from jackass RBs from OU

Duxxy3

Got a feeling the Vikings will take Mixon if he is there at 48. Zimmer has mentioned several times he was most frustrated by the running game last year, AP is gone, and they are not worried about PR fallout from jackass RBs from OU

Isn't that why they signed Latavius Murray?

squicken

Isn't that why they signed Latavius Murray?

I think it would be a value pick type deal. Mixon is a first round talent but has dropped b/c of his off field stuff, which the Vikings won't care about. It's not what I hope they do. They need to draft the best offensive linemen available

LifEndz

Heard on the radio that Dalvin Cook showed up to pre-draft interviews smelling of alcohol. Never thought Mixon would go before him, but it just might happen if this is true.

Edit: NVM. Evidently this is fake news.

Slo

I think the Vikes will be all over Mixon if he's there. We might even trade up for him.

Latavius is nice and all, but Oakland let him walk and we paid him next to nothing. Who cares.

Duxxy3

Heard on the radio that Dalvin Cook showed up to pre-draft interviews smelling of alcohol. Never thought Mixon would go before him, but it just might happen if this is true.

Oh wow. He could easily fall til the third or fourth.

edit: Or not.

Hindl

Fake news

“I loved him. When the top guy works as hard as he does, he makes your whole group better.”

To Villani’s surprise, after the Senior Bowl he started getting calls from scouts and coaches suggesting the opposite. He was told that an agent had started a rumor at the all-star game: Cook was showing up to workouts late—if he came at all—that he’d arrived with alcohol on his breath on occasion, and with unsavory characters from the neighborhood in tow.

“I told these guys, You know me, you know I’m not going to lie to you… you’ve got it wrong,” Villani says. “It got to the point where I felt I had to go to Dalvin’s agent and tell him about what people were saying.”
The MMQB spoke with representatives from nine NFL teams on the topic of Cook, and two scouts independently cited the same man as the source of several unverified Cook rumors. This man isn’t a certified agent, but a “runner,” a sort of industry free agent who helps certified agents recruit players during the draft process.

Villani says he swore off engaging in any business dealings with this runner years ago when he stiffed XPE on a client’s bill. A scout familiar with the runner suggested he might have had an informal business relationship with Cook before the prospect settled on different representation, though when told the runner’s name, Cook said he’d never heard of him.
Says Villani: “Unfortunately, with so many people out to make a buck off these kids before the draft, it’s the wild, wild west.”

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/25/...cter-concerns-scouts-florida-state-miami-dade

effzee

Man on ESPN the Hasselback brothers are destroying remaining QBs and even the guys selected yesterday.

They really don't like any of these QBs.

Maybe the former.. but why the latter. They have Jesse James still as a serviceable TE.
Ben just wants a go-to TE. He realized how hard he leaned on Heath for all those 3rd down conversions and wants it back. For as good as AB is, he's too small a target to be consistent on 3rd and 2-4 style plays.

harSon

Banned
What.. what more does he need?

Bryant is back and they have another possible weapon in Coates..

Their backup RB would probably be starting somewhere..

They don't need anything else.

We have to stockpile all the talent we can get on offense, because by season's end - 50 to 70% of it will be injured or suspended.

Duxxy3

Ben just wants a go-to TE. He realized how hard he leaned on Heath for all those 3rd down conversions and wants it back. For as good as AB is, he's too small a target to be consistent on 3rd and 2-4 style plays.

Do the Steelers not have a slot receiver?

Fair enough

We have to stockpile all the talent we can get on offense, because by season's end - 50 to 70% of it will be injured or suspended.
Well Le'veon is pissing in a cup and Bryant is back..

Progress?

I think 49ers will take Brad Kaaya in the 3rd round.
Makes sense

Jarnet87

The Doug Martin reports are making me think that the Bucs may avoid RB til day 3, if not altogether. Outside of very early offseason reports that the Bucs may move on from Martin there was no news, and they had the opportunity to cut him all through the months leading up to the draft

The Doug Martin reports are making me think that the Bucs may avoid RB til day 3, if not altogether. Outside of very early offseason reports that the Bucs may move on from Martin there was no news, and they had the opportunity to cut him all through the months leading up to the draft

Exactly what I was thinking. Apparently Martin's doing extremely well which is great. I've always liked him and when he's 100% he's almost as good as AP ;)

If we do get a HB I hope it's today though. Mixon, Cook, or Kamara but a Safety would be really good as well. Melifonwu would be awesome. Did Budda Baker get selected???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom