• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2017 (Apr. 27-29) |OT| The Busts of Tomorrow...Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
AvP9DGX.jpg

🤔 Maybe I should write for established outfits like Bleacher Report or ESPN Cleveland.

Jarnet87

Exactly what I was thinking. Apparently Martin's doing extremely well which is great. I've always liked him and when he's 100% he's almost as good as AP ;)

If we do get a HB I hope it's today though. Mixon, Cook, or Kamara but a Safety would be really good as well. Melifonwu would be awesome. Did Budda Baker get selected???

Not yet but most mocks have him going well before Tampa gets a chance in the 2nd.

Wes

venison crêpe
@JeffDarlington 28m

Oh my gosh. Reuben Foster says the Saints called him to welcome him to the team. He got another call. It was 49ers. HE HUNG UP ON SAINTS!

m3OMXQU.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
@JeffDarlington 28m

Oh my gosh. Reuben Foster says the Saints called him to welcome him to the team. He got another call. It was 49ers. HE HUNG UP ON SAINTS!

m3OMXQU.gif

Does it matter if he hung up or not? Saints got jumped by the Niners, at that point a phone call with the Saints is meaningless.

People keep giving Bob Quinn shit for taking Davis over Foster but I applaud the team for going for big character dudes. Foster isn't irredeemable, but c'mon, fighting someone at the hospital? Idiot.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
People keep giving Bob Quinn shit for taking Davis over Foster but I applaud the team for going for big character dudes. Foster isn't irredeemable, but c'mon, fighting someone at the hospital? Idiot.

Detroit also isn't in a position to take a huge chance on a guy with an injury like that. They need solid performance and leadership on the defensive side of the ball.

Lonestar

Detroit also isn't in a position to take a huge chance on a guy with an injury like that. They need solid performance and leadership on the defensive side of the ball.

Everyone's talking about some shoulder injury. Think I did see where he had surgery, but didn't use Dr. Andrew's office.

I'd be more worried about him re-injuring his hands. I'd say he had a club on a hand for over 60% of his games at Alabama. Performance and leadership on the field, he never had issues.

I'd also give him, at most, 5 years, just from concussions he'll inevitably get.

Jarnet87

@JeffDarlington 28m

http://i.imgur.com/m3OMXQU.gif[/IG][/QUOTE]

My boy Lynch using that great safety mind to pick off the Saints. Still doing it for Tampa.

RBH

yeah not sure i understand what the big deal is here

The Saints falsely assumed that they got their guy (to the point of calling him on the phone), and now we all get to point and laugh at them.

Not much more to get than that.

Hindl

Bowen is pretty plugged in

Les Bowen ✔ @LesBowen
I was strong on #Eagles taking Sidney Jones earlier, and I still am. But if Dalvin Cook somehow gets to 43, Im told that could change things

I'd like Cook at 43. I'd like Jones too, I'm just concerned that there could be a day 1 starter available when he's gonna miss most of his rookie season before he can even train. Now Jones is obviously better than all the other prospects pre-injury, but I dunno early 2nd seems a bit early for him. I'd support the pick though. Team isn't gonna be competing for the SB this year and if they're confident Jones can get back to 100% I'd be cool with it

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Everyone's talking about some shoulder injury. Think I did see where he had surgery, but didn't use Dr. Andrew's office.

I'd be more worried about him re-injuring his hands. I'd say he had a club on a hand for over 60% of his games at Alabama. Performance and leadership on the field, he never had issues.

I'd also give him, at most, 5 years, just from concussions he'll inevitably get.

Oh, Foster's a great leader. No issues there. He does lead with his head a ton, though, and I also worry about concussions.

Bread

Banned
The Saints falsely assumed that they got their guy (to the point of calling him on the phone), and now we all get to point and laugh at them.

Not much more to get than that.
Ah it seemed like they were surprised he hung up on the Saints.

I'm fine laughing at the Saints too fuck them!

Jarnet87

Via Demovsky:

That's not Joe Mixon :(

Cook would probably be the favorite if the Bucs moved up, but it could be anyone. Baker, Melifonwu, Robinson, or one of the remaining high rated corners. There is a good chance those 4 plus Wilson, King and Awuzie are all gone by pick 50.

Lonestar

Did see a quote from Saban, when a reporter asked him about Foster's drop in draft spots.

“Look, the way we like for things to get handled, that didn’t get handled. We have the best doctors in the world in Dr. (James) Andrews and Dr. (Lyle) Cain who operate on most NFL players and his agent chose to take him someplace else. I think (Andrews and Cain) have tremendous credibility.

“So, you know, all these choices and decisions that you make have consequences and I hate it for our players when they do it, but he didn’t seek my advice in what he should do. So, if that was an issue, that was an issue. It shouldn’t have been an issue but if it was, I don’t really know much about it.”

The way Saban appears to see it, Foster took some bad advice and did not have the best available medical professions examine him during the pre-draft process. No doubt an odd decision considering Foster remained in contact with the Alabama program and even made an appearance at the team’s latest spring game last weekend.

Yep, that's Saban-talk alright (a'ight).

LifEndz

Ah it seemed like they were surprised he hung up on the Saints.

I'm fine laughing at the Saints too fuck them!

Fuck them? What did the Saints do to the Pats? Hell, we just gave you Cooks in a trade where we also sent you our fourth.

Hindl

Floy I have a crazy thought about Barnett and want your thoughts on it. Mostly because it's a player comparison and you'd know this player better than anyone. When people talk about Barnett they say he's not super athletic, he isn't going to overpower or outspeed people and make those big flashy plays DEs are expected to make. He's not a flashy player, he's just consistently dominant and wins on technique. He's not necessarily the same caliber of prospect, nor does he have the same measurements, but when I think about what makes him a good prospect it reminds me of Joey Bosa. Your thoughts?

Nameless

Lynch released that shit head Brock no way he drafts Mixon.

Unlikely for sure, but not impossible. Brock was also an average corner who was possibly facing disciplinary action.

@JeffDarlington 28m

m3OMXQU.gif

HAHAHAHA. Legendary first draft for Lynch so far, especially if Thomas and Foster realize their potential.

Jarnet87

How can someone want Mixon on their team

I have no problem with the teams I support taking criminals. A guy like Mixon is more likely to bust because of his off field issues rather then just not having enough talent at the next level. I am fine with that risk.

Hindl

Les Bowen reporting Eagles likely to take Sidney Jones unless Dalvin Cook falls to them.

I'd love Cook, and if our medical team clears Jones I'd love him. It would be a slight bummer because there are Day 1 starters available while Jones will miss the entire rookie training and most of his first year, but he's a stud when healthy. Eagles have been one of the healthiest teams in the league the past few years, so if they trust him I do too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom