• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Gaming side is fine as long as you avoid the console wars bullshit, like I only post on threads about my favorite games and FGC threads, so I don't get involved in any fanboy drivel.

Agree. I just lurk the SF threads. New matches containing Daigo, New fLOE face or a new Juicebox dance..lol

snesfreak

Banned
If the Wii U is just a PS360 with waggle and an ipad, I'm not excited yet.
It's not, those rumors are pretty much total bullshit.
I mean "you don't need physics for Mario" pretty much tells you the kind of dumb fucks they're getting these quotes from.

1474415_o.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's not, those rumors are pretty much total bullshit.
I mean "you don't need physics for Mario" pretty much tells you the kind of dumb fucks they're getting these quotes from.

I hope so...I ignore my Wii more than I should because the lack of HD makes the experience feel subpar to me.

I would hope that the Wii U is as powerful as a top end PC from at least 2011.

snesfreak

Banned
I hope so...I ignore my Wii more than I should because the lack of HD makes the experience feel subpar to me.

Eh I don't think it'll be THAT powerful, but it in no way will be LESS powerful or simply "on par" with the 360.

bionic77

I am pretty sure you are going to be disappointed if you want a high end PC from 2011. That sounds like next year consoles talk to me.

If you want cutting edge ports then stick to the pc.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What can $399 buy me? Surely they can make pretty decent system for that much money (then again, that tablet don't cost a dollar)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Gaming side is fine as long as you avoid the console wars bullshit, like I only post on threads about my favorite games and FGC threads, so I don't get involved in any fanboy drivel.
In this respect the Community forum has an actual use. If all the good threads are going to be kept apart then maybe it's for the best.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I feel bad that I haven't used my vita in a couple weeks. It's new console shine has kind of worn and I have nothing to play. I'm PSP'd out too. Blah.

I dig the Nike uniforms though. Form fitting is the way to go.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I just don't like the 360. Does that make me a fanboy? :\

Seriously though, I'm not going to get into a heated argument over electronic preferences. Unless it's Apple vs. PC! That's because Apple diehards rub me in a wrong way at times.

bionic77

I just don't like the 360. Does that make me a fanboy? :

Seriously though, I'm not going to get into a heated argument over electronic preferences. Unless it's Apple vs. PC! That's because Apple diehards rub me in a wrong way at times.
Apple does what PCdont!

Nah, videogame consoles are always obsolete hardware-wise compared to PCs.

The advantage they have is a real time operating system, non-offensive DRM, and platform uniformity for developers to rely on.

On that note, as long as the Wii U (they really should change that name, it's turrible) has a similar architecture to the 360/720/PS4, it'll get decent 3rd party support. It would get better 3rd party support if Nintendo weren't doofuses, but incompetence in online and working with outside developers is how they avoid anti-trust lawsuits.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Nah, videogame consoles are always obsolete hardware-wise compared to PCs.

The advantage they have is a real time operating system, non-offensive DRM, and platform uniformity for developers to rely on.

On that note, as long as the Wii U (they really should change that name, it's turrible) has a similar architecture to the 360/720/PS4, it'll get decent 3rd party support. It would get better 3rd party support if Nintendo weren't doofuses, but incompetence in online and working with outside developers is how they avoid anti-trust lawsuits.

I remember the original Xbox being fairly comparable in 2001. I also thought the 360 was pretty powerful when it was first released.

I'm not expecting a 6990 here or anything! Just give me 60 FPS @ 1080p!

Are there still people defending/marginalizing the Saints' bounty program after hearing that audio today? Shit is majorly fucked up.

The only thing that really matters is what happened on the field.

Did the Saints injure players more than other teams? No.

Did they play dirtier than anyone else? No.

Did they get penalized and fined more than the others? No.

It's no big fucking deal.

Top Bottom