• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

eznark

Banned
F5YvP.jpg

Video games ruin vocabularies.

BigAT

Interesting perspective on the Williams speech from Carl Banks.

Former Giant Carl Banks chatted with me about new Greg Williams bounty tapes: "Some of the stuff was over the line, but 90 to 95 percent was what you would here within most (defensive) rooms." Only thing he said Williams "crossed over" was citing Michael Crabtree's ACL. Then again, not as if Saints targeted Crabtree's knee: "A coach can tell you to do it. I didn't see any players go after Crabtree's ACL (in the game)."

bionic77

So....concussions still an absolute joke to players. Nice.
Being stupid and not having any regard for your own safety is pretty much a prerequisite to being a football player.

That and lots and lots of steroids (see Clay Mathews and entirety of 2010 Packers defense).

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Being stupid and not having any regard for your own safety is pretty much a prerequisite to being a football player.

That and lots and lots of steroids (see Clay Mathews and entirety of 2010 Packers defense).

XAzZP.jpg

Truly the mark of a smart individual.

Wrayfield

“I loved coaching the NFL players,” Saban said. “Everybody thinks it’s the NFL players who are hard to get along with. I loved the NFL players and it was never a problem. It’s just the rules of parity in that league make it difficult to create any advantage for yourself. I always thought my advantage was I was willing to outwork everybody to get better. That was a hard thing. I missed college players and I missed helping guys develop personally, academically and athletically.”

Urgh, why someone would even consider him to coach their NFL team, I don't understand.

I just listened to the Greg Williams audio and holy shit that is some smash mouth football speech right there. Dude is ruthless as fuck.

Wrayfield

At least he's honest, felt that way about him for the last few years, finally addressed it. Good teacher but even better recruiter.

Fuck up in player evaluation/selection at the NFL and you're toast, you don't have an incoming class to bail your ass out. Dude knew it was a wrap when he fucked up with Culpepper.

A bit late for honesty for me, I'm obviously biased. Good recruiter, to me, means knowing people that how to pay the kids w/o anyone knowing while at the same time distancing themselves from those people in case shit comes out. Really, I can't take college football seriously competition-wise.

Zeke

Nothing compares to Cowboy fans. NOTHING. I would rather live in a house full of Patriot fans than deal with ONE Cowboys fan. Maybe the perspective is different nationally but Cowboy fans in Texas are the worst.

Little cockroaches who scurry about spreading filth from the mouths when the Cowboys are good. Then the lights come on and they see they are not really that good and they all go into hiding.
good god I hope the Texans never win a title the crying in this post is just too much
wow Barbie is still around color me shocked

LJ11

A bit late for honesty for me, I'm obviously biased. Good recruiter, to me, means knowing people that how to pay the kids w/o anyone knowing while at the same time distancing themselves from those people in case shit comes out. Really, I can't take college football seriously competition-wise.

Can't say you're that off, college football has been tainted for most of it's existence.

Bill Simmons has, again, made me say "Holy shit, that's not the fucking point" with his new article: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7779341/when-do-draw-line-nfl-violence

Its not just about concussions, which yes, are a problem. And yes, most of what he said is just pep talk, but holy shit, that's not the god damned point.

They was a bounty program, and they lied about their knowledge of it, god damn it!

I mean, if he only watched ESPN, I could see how he would think that's it, but damn it, I thought he was high enough he actually had sources at this point.

Wrayfield

I went to the game side a bit, Fallout is free on GOG, it seems. I already have something like 3 copies of it, but if you're bored or never tried it, get it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
To be fair, they only are dirty to the whistle.

They don't engage in some of the extra-curricular activities like one or two of your players do.

I have a theory on the Suh stomp:

He is on the Detroit defensive line, so he was so high he looked down and saw the player as a piece of meat. He then thought it should be tenderized, and saw fit to tenderize him with his foot.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wanted to look him up on Youtube. ONE video on the first page of results where he's actually on the field, and the description is "Bobby Carpenter actually makes a play.".

WOOOOHOOOO, I'm so excited! Thank you based Bill for trying to really make a big difference on the defensive side!

Yes, the man who cost us the 49ers game last year. Good luck with that.

Wrayfield

Wanted to look him up on Youtube. ONE video on the first page of results where he's actually on the field, and the description is "Bobby Carpenter actually makes a play.".

WOOOOHOOOO, I'm so excited! Thank you based Bill for trying to really make a big difference on the defensive side!

Plenty of interview vids though.

MechDX

good god I hope the Texans never win a title the crying in this post is just too much

wow Barbie is still around color me shocked

Not crying. Truth. I dont think there is any fanbase in the NFL that likes Cowboy fans. You are just universally hated for being douchey.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Not crying. Truth. I dont think there is any fanbase in the NFL that likes Cowboy fans. You are just universally hated for being douchey.

Of the Cowboy fans I know irl, I will say that they are the most lifelongiest lifelongers that ever did lifelong.

I played college football. Played growing up as well. Never heard a coach say anything like that. Saying he sounds like a mad man doesnt mean we're "pussyfied".

We get it already; you're the manliest man on NFL GAF with the highest work ethic, the best workout routine, the most ladies on your arms because you don't play games in public, and the most pussified QB in the NFL representing your team.

I have a shitty work ethic, I get by on my genius.

MechDX

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...triguing-games-to-anticipate-on-2012-schedule

Top 12 games for 2012 season. WOOHOO we made it on the list twice!

2. Green Bay Packers at Houston Texans

Another stiff test for Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. The Texans got awfully stingy under defensive coordinator Wade Phillips last season, and their front seven might be the AFC's best -- even without Mario Williams and Demeco Ryans. In fact, the outcome of this cross-conference dogfight could hinge on the battle between Texans defensive end J.J. Watt -- the real deal -- and Packers tackle Bryan Bulaga.

Would anyone be that surprised if it was Green Bay and Houston who faced off in Super Bowl XLVII?

3. Houston Texans at Denver Broncos

Aaron Rodgers isn't the only elite quarterback that Phillips' 3-4 will try to pressure into oblivion. Denver hosts Houston in the 2012 season in a game that should have major playoff implications.

Adding more intrigue to this one are the rumors that the Texans were one organization Peyton Manning had on his "yes" list. As many of you out there know, the Texans traditionally had Peyton Manning ills, going 2-16 against him all-time. Two and sixteen. That's domination. How will the 36-year old do with a cast of so-so's against his favorite beatdown partner?

I would shat myself if the bolded happens. Texans players will be pumped for that Bronco's game after all the "only won division because Peyton was out" talk.

Milchjon

While the new mobile GAF looks pretty awful, it's funny how much better it actually is than "vanilla" GAF. Right now I prefer to browse on my Lumia.

Do I really need to start using all these scripts to make normal GAF better?

Talon

Yeah, why don't you take a hit, Gregg Williams?

His punishment should be to see Alex Williams running up the left sideline untouched everyday.

I'm not even mad. He can play OLB in a 4-3 Defense and ILB in a 3-4, and it's really Belichickian to take a former first rounder and to give him one last change. It's not like he will see the field a lot, he will take Guyton his place and by god everybody is a better LB than Gary motherfucking Guyton.

Another solid signing so the team is set depth wise and now Bill can pick all the players he wants in the draft.
Please do this for me, Bill!

Milchjon

I'm not even mad. He can play OLB in a 4-3 Defense and ILB in a 3-4, and it's really Belichickian to take a former first rounder and to give him one last change. It's not like he will see the field a lot, he will take Guyton his place and by god everybody is a better LB than Gary motherfucking Guyton.

Another solid signing so the team is set depth wise and now Bill can pick all the players he wants in the draft.
Please do this for me, Bill!

Sadly it's also become really Belichickian to start way too many "value" guys that get exposed once they meet a real opponent. You can't win every game with players that play "better than you'd expect them to".

Sadly it's also become really Belichickian to start way too many "value" guys that get exposed once they meet a real opponent. You can't win every game with players that play "better than you'd expect them to".

Maybe this year, things will be different! Some of these signings will work out (like Carter, Waters, Anderson and maybe Sterling Moore) and some won't (Ocho, Fat Albert, every other piece of shit DB he signed). But maybe this year he will actually cut the shitty players in camp and will build a great defense with the remaining players and Donte Hightower, Courtney Upshaw and Mark Barron who he will all draft.

And this will be Jermaine Cunningham's breakout year! I BELIEVE IN JERMAINE! He will show that it made sense to draft him one spot ahead of Carlos Dunlap....

Are there still people defending/marginalizing the Saints' bounty program after hearing that audio today? Shit is majorly fucked up.

I still haven't seen any real proof of this whole 'bounty' thing.

Top Bottom