• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

bionic77

I'm a bit under 5'9" I think.

And white.

The odds aren't in my favor, but maybe Clay will lend me some HGH.
Good luck with all that.

Not even Clay's best HGH is going to get you above the rim.

The odds of you dunking a basketball are only slightly better than Eli losing his virginity.

Good luck with all that.

The odds of you dunking a basketball are only slightly better than Eli losing his virginity.

I think my hands are too small...Aaaawwkwaaaard. Not Alex Smith small, but too small to properly hold a basketball.

bionic77

I think my hands are too small...Aaaawwkwaaaard. Not Alex Smith small, but too small to properly hold a basketball.
You can still palm it with small hands, but you kind of have to stick in in there. Just takes more hand strength.

My problem is I fucked up my thumb in high school and I never had the same kind of strength after that.

Greg

So am I! Shocking! A white Packers fan AND a white Patriots fan.
:jnc

Good luck with all that.

I'll let you do the honors of sending my video in to ESPN.

If a 6'8" woman gets the #1 play of the day for dunking, I can at least land a solid #8.

DM vs. Rors

Loser wears a fat QB avatar (JaMarcus or Freeman) for a week!
I saw the edit. No need to specify - those QBs are always implied when talking about fat.

tumblr_ll8smfKeRb1qbmxomo1_400.gif

I want to be able to do that, I now have a dream. How does one train for that ?!

bionic77

I can't imagine that eznark and the rest of Packers nation approves of Greg's attempt to dunk a basketball.

In my mind I imagine that eznark would tell Greg that he doesn't hold no truck with his playing that jungleball.

bionic77

I found that strengthening my core and just practicing trying to dunk helped me the most. Do it every day for 2 months and you should see big improvements.

Greg

I can't imagine that eznark and the rest of Packers nation approves of Greg's attempt to dunk a basketball.

In my mind I imagine that eznark would tell Greg that he doesn't hold no truck with his playing that jungleball.
I'm not sure about the support of Packers-GAF, but I'm sure Cavaliers-GAF is fine with it.

And if it ends in disappointment, that's nothing new for Cleveland.

cashman

Banned
I think it's amusing how much outrage there is over the GW speech. Gimme a break. I'm sure we all wish our teams played fair and square, but the name of this game is winning, and getting a competitive advantage by "testing" a guy's injury is something that's been in this game forever. You got a hurt knee? Expect us to tackle you low and twist that knee up every time we tackle you. Your shoulder hurt? We're going high and expect us to land on you a little harder.

Hell, hockey tries to mask exactly what the player injury is by saying "lower body injury" or "upper body injury" instead of specifically calling out "right knee" or "left shoulder" or whatever. They know opponents are going to target the injured area to see if you're coming back too soon.

Is Williams an idiot for letting this speech get recorded when he knew that the league was investigating his team for a bounty system. Fuck yes. The hubris of these guys is what killed them here. The whole "I'm Sean Payton/Gregg Williams and I don't give a single fuuuuuuuuuuck" is what killed them.

But make no mistake that targeting an opponent's injury is in every team's playbook.

Why don't they just put in scrubs to intentionally injure players then?

I think we should just have the players fight on the field for 60 minutes and the team that has the most standing players at the end is the winner.

Well I saw the Hunger Games last week, we could do that and have two players represent each team in a fight to the death.

Unfortunately for the bucs the first year would be a disaster due to a misunderstanding of what the new game entails.

Well I saw the Hunger Games last week, we could do that and have two players represent each team in a fight to the death.

Unfortunately for the bucs the first year would be a disaster due to a misunderstanding of what the new game entails.

You're just saying this because you know that Jared Allen would hunt and kill all those other scrubs and the Vikings will finally be able to win it all.

Fantomex

What's new tackle Gaf? Well, I've strayed long enough from the thread to build some hope up for miami. I'm hoping some 8-8 action just missing the playoffs. I feel if we have a good draft we can surprise a couple of people. Wait, who's in charge of the Dolphins draft?

2l934i9.gif

What's new tackle Gaf? Well, I've strayed long enough from the thread to build some hope up for miami. I'm hoping some 8-8 action just making the playoffs. I feel if we have a good draft we can surprise a couple of people. Wait, who is in charge of the Dolphins draft?

QUOTE]8-8 gets you in with a division title, that ain't happening at 8-8 in that division.

Greg

Greg stop trying to dunk and finish your songs already!
I should start posting them - starting with the one I sent you. I need a (non-joke) name for it though.

That's called hockey.

I think it's amusing how much outrage there is over the GW speech. Gimme a break. I'm sure we all wish our teams played fair and square, but the name of this game is winning, and getting a competitive advantage by "testing" a guy's injury is something that's been in this game forever. You got a hurt knee? Expect us to tackle you low and twist that knee up every time we tackle you. Your shoulder hurt? We're going high and expect us to land on you a little harder.

Hell, hockey tries to mask exactly what the player injury is by saying "lower body injury" or "upper body injury" instead of specifically calling out "right knee" or "left shoulder" or whatever. They know opponents are going to target the injured area to see if you're coming back too soon.

Is Williams an idiot for letting this speech get recorded when he knew that the league was investigating his team for a bounty system. Fuck yes. The hubris of these guys is what killed them here. The whole "I'm Sean Payton/Gregg Williams and I don't give a single fuuuuuuuuuuck" is what killed them.

But make no mistake that targeting an opponent's injury is in every team's playbook.
I'm sure it's in the minds of a few players, but it's something that should be left unsaid regardless of the audience. That fact that it came from a coach and was presented the way it was made things even worse, so it shouldn't be a surprise that there is this much outrage.

And think of how the players react when a severe injury occurs during the game. Groups of players kneeling and praying, holding hands, the looks on their faces, etc. It's a violent sport, and the name of the game is winning, but I'd like to think there's more to it (especially at the pro level) considering players know they're all only one hit away from career-altering/ending injuries.

Greg Williams didn't get fucked because he was telling his players to injure people, he got fucked cuz he didn't listen to the league office when they said to stop.

I'm sure it's in the minds of a few players, but it's something that should be left unsaid regardless of the audience. That fact that it came from a coach and was presented the way it was made things even worse, so it shouldn't be a surprise that there is this much outrage.

And think of how the players react when a severe injury occurs during the game. Groups of players kneeling and praying, holding hands, the looks on their faces, etc. It's a violent sport, and the name of the game is winning, but I'd like to think there's more to it (especially at the pro level) considering players know they're all only one hit away from career-altering/ending injuries.

By the same token, when the whole bounty thing came out you had guys like Favre saying "it's just part of the game; I don't get upset about it."

I think there's dynamics here that we as fans aren't privy to. On the one hand, you hear them bitch and moan about how the league has become this pussified version of what it was pre-Goodell. Then on the other you hear them bitch and moan about safety considerations. You would think there would be more player outrage at all of the bounty stuff, and while there's some, there are others who shrug it off.

I do agree with you that GW is a complete ass for being so brazen about the whole thing. Gonna get him perma'd. Maybe he can join GAF and give us an insider's view!

We'll help you name it. Genre? Length? Style?

Greg His Bathroom Party
Greg's List
March Gregness
Everything is better with Greg
Greg to your heart
Greg Harder
Gregtastic
Who Gives a Greg
Mustache Men
Sexual Tension
Why Greg It
Pantsless
My Name is Not Greg
Smoking Greg
Why Are You Depressed
Dunkin' on Bitches
What's His Face
Not always Greg
When life gives you Greg, you make Gregjuice

What are we naming ?

Jonm1010

Banned
Greg Williams didn't get fucked because he was telling his players to injure people, he got fucked cuz he didn't listen to the league office when they said to stop.

I agree.

What irritates me though is people like Cris Carter right now on espn trying to play all high and mighty that this sort of talk isn't happening elsewhere or from players.....then twenty seconds later he admits of players talking just like that and him personally wanting to take out another player in retaliation to that talk.....you can't act all high and mighty and then talk the same shit you idiot!

I don't really care about a lot of the criticism that the saints have had thrown at them because their inability to put a stop to it once under league scrutiny is idiotic on their part but this high and mighty shit that other players and announcers keep spouting is vomit inducing.

Ænima

the wholer thing doesn't really bother me. I just want the season to start and put all this shit behind my team. Its not like the fans made the team do this. we are the ones suffering for it though.
Saints fans are such martyrs. I have seen this sentiment a lot in the media as well, that I am supposed to feel sorry for Saints fans and how bounty-gate has effected them. Give me a fucking break.

Ænima;36713174 said:
Saints fans are such martyrs. I have seen this sentiment a lot in the media as well, that I am supposed to feel sorry for Saints fans and how bounty-gate has effected them. Give me a fucking break.

I want sympathy for Spygate! I didn't do nothing!

Wait, I don't care.

Ænima

I want sympathy for Spygate! I didn't do nothing!

Wait, I don't care.
Well Boston sports fans are actually known for being very emo despite all the success that Boston teams had in the 2000s. I guess with you being German though that mentality hasn't gotten to you.

Jonm1010

Banned
I should start posting them - starting with the one I sent you. I need a (non-joke) name for it though.

Come on now. Let's not be naiive here. You have reports from undisclosed giants special teams players that their was coordinated effort to target Kyle Williams concussion. You have Favre saying this stuff is routine and he's one of many players to come forward and say similar things. Heck I remember NPR doing a piece on this a week ago and saying that bounty type programs are nothing new to the sport.

Heck turn on ESPN right now and listen to antonio pierce talking about how this injury talk is pretty much common talk. Bounties not uncommon as well. Saying how almost all his defensive coordinators talked like what's on the recent tape.

Greg

Although until the tape came out, I honestly thought he was going to have another shot in the league (in some form) down the road.

No way that happens now.

By the same token, when the whole bounty thing came out you had guys like Favre saying "it's just part of the game; I don't get upset about it."

I think there's dynamics here that we as fans aren't privy to. On the one hand, you hear them bitch and moan about how the league has become this pussified version of what it was pre-Goodell. Then on the other you hear them bitch and moan about safety considerations. You would think there would be more player outrage at all of the bounty stuff, and while there's some, there are others who shrug it off.

I do agree with you that GW is a complete ass for being so brazen about the whole thing. Gonna get him perma'd. Maybe he can join GAF and give us an insider's view!
It's easy to be the bigger man when you're
"
retired
"
, have an 18-season career, and own the consecutive start record. I'm sure all players agree that injuries are part of the game, but there's also the line where malicious intent becomes action. The Saints apparently only had the intent to injure... or maybe they tried acting on it and failed. Either way, the film I saw on them wasn't illegal, so that's not a big deal and I don't care. Them being told to stop the program and continuing it was against the rules, and the way Williams presented it certainly warrants the coverage its getting.

And I don't think there are dynamics the fans aren't privy to. It seems pretty simple to me - no one wants to be limited (rules), but no one wants to get hurt.

We'll help you name it. Genre? Length? Style?
What are we naming ?
Greg's Giant Girth

GGG

I have a ton of electronic projects I've been messing with and can't find the motivation to finish completely without starting a new one, so I wanted to start posting things to get motivated. I'm not on my main computer at the moment, but I'll post it here later.

Come on now. Let's not be naiive here.
Well, 31 other teams aren't being penalized for it, so they must be doing something right.

Jonm1010

Banned
Well, 31 other teams aren't being penalized for it, so they must be doing something right.

Yeah, better internal control and not brazenly ignoring the commissioner when he put scrutiny on them.

Again, in just the last two months we have Favre, Antonio Pierce, NYGiants special teams players and numerous other players and reporters all saying this sort of talk and bounty programs go on and it's more common then uncommon.

Greg

Yeah, better internal control and not brazenly ignoring the commissioner when he put scrutiny on them.

Again, in just the last two months we have Favre, Antonio Pierce, NYGiants special teams players and numerous other players and reporters all saying this sort of talk and bounty programs go on and it's more common then uncommon.
Sorry, I don't believe that bounty programs and coaches like Williams are the majority.

Top Bottom