• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Draconian

The Broncos just signed Caleb Hanie to a 2 year deal.

FUCK.

lol He must've convinced Elway that if Manning ever got hurt he'd return to his NFC Championship level of understandable incompetence as opposed to his "What the hell did you just do?" performances this past year.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Doesn't matter. Any system he is in he will be awful. He was literally the worst QB to step on the field last year. I don't have the stats, but he was the worst. Trust me.

I know this guy dashed the Bears' playoff hopes (along with McCown), but there were other issues at play too.

minx

I know this guy dashed the Bears' playoff hopes (along with McCown), but there were other issues at play too.

McCown lost the the Packers. Beat the Vikings. He wasn't the problem. If he was played right after Cutler went down instead of Hanie the Bears would have made the playoffs. I realize McCown wasn't on the team then nor ready soon enough when he joined. Just saying. Hanie was truly awful.

minx

Grantland article about Hanie last year.

"After his latest start, Hanie's thrown 102 passes and completed 51 of them, for a completion percentage at an even 50 percent. He's thrown nine interceptions, producing an interception rate of 8.8 percent.
Nobody has thrown interceptions that frequently over 100 or more pass attempts in 23 years! Steve Grogan narrowly beat it out in 1988. After you adjust for the era Hanie plays in, pro-football-reference.com suggests that Hanie's been worse at avoiding picks than anybody in NFL history since the merger. Hanie's also been sacked on a whopping 14.5 percent of his dropbacks. PFR suggests that only three players since the merger, after adjusting for era, have gone down more frequently. Bottom line: Caleb Hanie might be the worst quarterback to throw 100 passes since the AFL merged with the NFL. If Chicago's backup had merely been below average, their defense would likely have been enough to get them into the playoffs."

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
1. Shitty offensive line? Check.
2. No Matt Forte? Check.
3. Mike Martz? Check.

Caleb Hanie had a shitty season but, as I said earlier, there were other things at play.

No, Caleb Hanie sucks.

He was educated and trained in the ways of suck.

1. Shitty offensive line? Check.
2. No Matt Forte? Check.
3. Mike Martz? Check.

Caleb Hanie had a shitty season but, as I said earlier, there were other things at play.

there's a difference between being bad and doing what caleb hanie did. if it was just bad, alright i'll buy into the coaching/players issue. he was historically bad

there's a difference between being bad and doing what caleb hanie did. if it was just bad, alright i'll buy into the coaching/players issue. he was historically bad

So true. And he made a name for himself. 20 years from now, people will say "remember Eli and Peyton and Tammy?" and others will say "yeah, but remember Caleb Fucking Hanie! He fucking sucked sooooo bad!"

If he had been just mediocre, time would have washed him away. But now? Now he's immortalized. Sort of like the Mendoza Line in baseball. Now we'll have the Hanie Rating.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
can't wait til manning gets injured and denver is going to have to suffer under hanie time. my condolences.

We did suffer under Hanie time. He went to college in Colorado.

yacobod

Banned
When I started reading book 5 and the opening line was something like "The air was rank with the smell of men" I just turned the Kindle off. The wait was too long and that line, too bad. I'll read it once Book 6 is actually on the road to release (probably timed with the sixth season of the show)

you missed out on other golden nuggets like "the more she drank, the more she shat" and endless variations on things that rhyme with Reek. i'd still recommend reading the 5th book but skipping everything not involving the north.

Top Bottom