• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Striker

Does anyone think Brian Dawkins has a legitimate shot at a HOF induction? His main competitors will be Ed Reed, of course, then Troy Polamalu, Darren Sharper, and Rodney Harrison.

Ed Reed is a lock, but...

Does anyone think Brian Dawkins has a legitimate shot at a HOF induction? His main competitors will be Ed Reed, of course, then Troy Polamalu, Darren Sharper, and Rodney Harrison.

What Dawk has in his favor is he will be a few years before those guys. Reed and Troy are 1st ballot guys, I dont think Sharper gets in and Rodney would have if not for the steroids I think.

Brain Dawkins is awesome, when we play cod we call "Brian Dawkinsing" someone when you dive out of a building or out of nowhere to take out a guy.

Talon

What Dawk has in his favor is he will be a few years before those guys. Reed and Troy are 1st ballot guys, I dont think Sharper gets in and Rodney would have if not for the steroids I think.
I agree with this.
Really think Polamalu is a first ballot guy?
His legacy is too great. He makes as big of a difference to his defensive unit as any player in the league right now. The splits are comical.

He's got to stay healthy and put in a few more years, probably 4-5 or so considering the position, but he's an all-time great already in my mind.

Absolutely, 2 SB's, a great character guy and the leader of the best D in the NFL for several seasons. I think people will look back on his time more favorably then they do now. Plus all those highlights of him jumping over the line and stuffing RBs will help.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This stuff about Kalil falling to the Rams is crazy. He's going to MIN.

Should be fun. After the wasted first hour where Luck and Griffin go where everyone has known they will for a long time, it should get good. First draft I'll actually watch on TV in a long time. Shitty ass cable company doesn't have NFLN so it's crappy ESPN for me

I really have no idea what the Rams will do. They have like 5 players who are above replacement value, so anything is an upgrade. They definitely won't trade up from 6, but could use #33 to go up at the end of round 1

Time in between 1st-round picks is only 10 minutes. At most, you'll be waiting a half hour before #3.

LJ11

Mayock's new top 5 by position

Changed again, yet no one has played a game, lol. I watch da tape!

Also, if you listened to his comments during the ND/BC game he's done a complete 180 on Kuechly's ability to cover.

Better than Harrison and Sharper for my money, no contest actually.

bionic77

In his prime he was on the short list for best defensive player in the league almost every season and most importantly he (and that criminal Ed Reed too) was a difference maker.

I honestly didn't watch enough of Dawkins to say whether he is a HOF player. Giant fans would know better than me.

LJ11 said:
Mayock's new top 5 by position
Chandler Jones apparently went meteoric on him. He wasn't in the top 5 last I looked.

Talon- said:
So I take it that Mayock's fallen out of favor
Not for me, no. I'll tune into NFLN for the draft for his commentary over the ESPN yahoos.

LJ11

So I take it that Mayock's fallen out of favor and Cosell's the new hotness?

I wouldn't say that, Cosell's a football nerd.

Mayock always does this shit, he won't put up his final mock until the day of the draft. Last year he released it an hour before the draft, lol. He just wants to be accurate more than anything else. He hears things and plugs them into his board/mock. Had Spiller to the Bills and the only other mock I remember with Spiller to the Bills was the GAF mock, lol.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Has anybody heard any more news about the league wanting ESPN/NFL Network not spoiling picks?

I know they banned cameras of guys on the phone, but I hadn't heard any restrictions on their douchebag "insiders" spoiling the picks.

Talon

Not for me, no. I'll tune into NFLN for the draft for his commentary over the ESPN yahoos.
The list should be:
Mayock and Cosell
My 8-year-old niece
McShame + the Hair
Lombardi

Plinko

The list should be:
Mayock and Cosell
My 8-year-old niece
McShame + the Hair
Lombardi

I find Kiper to be infinitely less douchey than McShay.

I find Mayock to be very insightful but grating on my nerves for some reason.

Talon- said:
Originally Posted by Futurevoid: Not for me, no. I'll tune into NFLN for the draft for his commentary over the ESPN yahoos.

The list should be:
Mayock and Cosell
My 8-year-old niece
McShame + the Hair
Lombardi
Casserly
Fixed.

(seriously can't watch him on TV)

Talon

Lombardi's the worst.

"Hi, I'm a failed front office executive. Part of a front office that squandered pick after pick. But I'm going to be smug as fuck with every single comment that I make, as if these guys that actually still have front office jobs don't know dick compared to me, failed front office executive Michael Lombardi."

Talon- said:
Lombardi's the worst.

"Hi, I'm a failed front office executive. Part of a front office that squandered pick after pick. But I'm going to be smug as fuck with every single comment that I make, as if these guys that actually still have front office jobs don't know dick compared to me, failed front office executive Michael Lombardi."
Yeah, I'd agree there. Casserly just personally grates on my nerves.

Lombardi's the worst.

I love how casually he manages to work that in every year when he covers the draft. They will show some teams "war room" and then he will be like "oh when I used to work in an nfl front office, we would do things a bit different".

Talon

I love how casually he manages to work that in every year when he covers the draft. They will show some teams "war room" and then he will be like "oh when I used to work in an nfl front office, we would do things a bit different".
He should end that sentence with "before I was fired."

That thought comes up whenever Matt Millen is on TV "analyzing" anything. Much less draft analysis.

I have no idea how Millen got a job talking about what NFL people should do. I just roll my eyes whenever he says anything, and I assume most football fans do that with him.

Talon

I have no idea how Millen got a job talking about what NFL people should do. I just roll my eyes whenever he says anything, and I assume most football fans do that with him.
ESPN needs somebody to troll the Lions with his "Millen Around" segment during college football season.

That shows B roll of him riding a tractor around his massive home complex with money he stole from the Ford family.

Wrayfield

Or Eric Mangini. Or John Gruden. Or Bill Polian. Any ex-football coach/FO guy on the air that is not named Tony Dungy.

At least Polian and Gruden were successful at some point in their careers. How Millen gets ANY job related to football escapes me.

Talon

The Browns will trade their 2 #1 picks for a female Walrus.
Holmgren-walrus.jpg

Godslay

Banned
Sad to see Dawkins go. I was hopping he would give it one more shot at a ring, guy deserves one in my opinion.

Goddamn, at Loomis. Saints looking worse all the time.

Catching wind that Denver wants an RB with the first pick. I'm not sure I agree with it, but rumors are saying either Miller (if he's there apparently) or Turbin at 25. DT looks less likely everyday.

Offseason roster expands to 90. One of the issues supposedly shelved until May has been passed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/23/league-unexpectedly-expands-rosters-from-80-to-90/

On Monday, out of the blue, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello announced on Twitter that, as of 4:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday, the roster limit officially will be expanded.

It means that another 320 players will get a chance to win a job on the 53-man roster via their efforts during a truncated offseason program and a less intense training camp. (It also means that another 320 players will have the chance to say “no, thanks” to an invitation to play pro football — and none will.)

It’s unclear how the change was made apart from the confines of an ownership meeting. It’s possible that a vote was taken electronically or by phone, or that some other approval process was used, given that the change technically will be made to a bylaw, not a formal rule.

As explained by Competition Committee chairman Rich McKay last month, the increase from 80 to 90 will result in a decrease from 90 to 80 players after the third preseason game and a drop from 80 to 53 after the final preseason game, which will flood the market with 864 players less than a week before the first game of the season.

lombardi is a fucking loser. i remember we brought him in for an interview when we were looking for a gm and he came out and said "oh yeah i intereviewed, but the 49ers aren't serious about getting an experienced GM. they're just going to hire someone from within to save money"

now baalke is GM of the year! eat a bag of dicks you fat biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

Mayock's Top 100 (appeared on NFLN)

1. Andrew Luck
2. RG3
3. Trent Richardson
4. Morris Claiborne
5. Matt Kalil
6. Luke Kuechly
7. Mark Barron
8. Stephon Gilmore
9. Chandler Jones
10. Justin Blackmon
11. Fletcher Cox
12. Michael Floyd
13. Dontari Poe
14. Shea McClellin
15. Dont'a Hightower
16. Kendall Wright
17. Doug Martin
18. Melvin Ingram
19. Ryan Tannehill
20. Riley Reiff
21. Quinton Coples
22. Whitney Mercilus
23. Courtney Upshaw
24. David DeCastro
25. Cordy Glenn
26. Jerel Worthy
27. Dre Kirkpatrick
28. Harrison Smith
29. Michael Brockers
30. Vinny Curry
31. Kevin Zeitler
32. Stephen Hill
33. David Wilson
34. Jonathan Martin
35. Brandon Weeden
36. Jeff Allen
37. Amini Silatolu
38. Coby Fleener
39. Casey Hayward
40. Peter Konz
41. Bruce Irvin
42. Devon Still
43. Dwayne Allen
44. Bobby Massie
45. Trumaine Johnson
46. Lavonte David
47. Brandon Thompson
48. Josh Robinson
49. Nick Perry
50. Can Johnson
51. Alshon Jeffery
52. Mike Adams
53. Andre Branch
54. Brian Quick
55. Janoris Jenkins
56. Kedall Reyes
57. A.J. Jenkins
58. Josh Norman
59. Derek Wolfe
60. T.Y. Hilton
61. Brandon Boykin
62. Mitchell Schwartz
63. Rueben Randle
64. Alameda Ta'amu
65. Brandon Taylor
66. Kelechi Osemele
67. Kirk Cousins
68. Olivier Vernon
69. Mychal Kendricks
70. Mike Martin
71. LaMichael James
72. Brock Osweiler
73. Tyrone Crawford
74. Ronnell Lewis
75. Dwight Bentley
76. Brandon Brooks
77. Isaiah Pead
78. Alfonzo Dennard
79. Philip Blake
80. DeQuan Menzie
81. Sean Spence
82. Lamar Miller
83. Billy Winn
84. Jonathan Massaquoi
85. Ben Jones
86. Demario Davis
87. Leonard Johnson
88. Bernard Pierce
89. Marvin Jones
90. Jamell Fleming
91. Mohamed Sanu
92. Orson Charles
93. Chris Polk
94. Frank Alexander
95. Trevor Guyton
96. Donald Stephenson
97. Ryan Broyles
98. Bobby Wagner
99. Robert Turbin
100. Zach Brown

Tabris

Godslay, educate me. How do our Running Backs rank? Good enough where Peyton Manning will feel confident running a mixed package through out the year instead of being heavily focused on a pass first offense?

Talon

lombardi is a fucking loser. i remember we brought him in for an interview when we were looking for a gm and he came out and said "oh yeah i intereviewed, but the 49ers aren't serious about getting an experienced GM. they're just going to hire someone from within to save money"

now baalke is GM of the year! eat a bag of dicks you fat biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!
I thought you had moved past the personal insults, FMT?

Top Bottom